Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Nice jeans above...any chance of some fit pics and (@devilva) some closeups of the No.0 denim?

a little follow-up!

the red gull pair is pretty atrocious. fairly relaxed fit, pretty well-worn, non selvage, a bad fake. i think they might become summer cut-offs, or something. maybe just scrap denim.

the silver gull pair, however... those make me more than happy with the two purchases. if they're fake, they're a damn good fake. if they're real, well, then it was a pretty sweet price for brand new jeans.

looks like this, with like... half a day of wearing

http://imgur.com/a/nYe57

The lot says something like "449X 39" (might be 448, or 443, or something). No "number" on the patch (i.e. No.2, No.1, etc.). Inside tag says Made in Italy... "Cobra Original" stamped on the back of the buttons and rivets, but has no rivets on back pockets or crotch. Thin redline selvage.

The fit is pretty rad -- sits fairly high but slim at the waist, snug on the thighs, and just a little looser below the knee.

Anyway -- any info y'all can pitch in would be appreciated. I think these'll be a new everyday jean... with, of course, some love still being given to my worn-in No.2's, and the newish giant gold diacock pair :)

Hmmm... ;)

The patch on the ones with red gulls is definitely wrong.

The other pair may well be a 90s made in Italy pair...

They made a good few models in Italy in the 90s for Western outlets, in between importing the original Evis to selected high-end outlets in the UK and then losing the plot in the 00s with numerous Heritage disasters (and a few notable wins) and now producing more worn models than raw.

The Lot numbers don't resemble anything MiJ but the denim itself is Japanese, I think...and I don't think they chainstitched all their models...

You can find Italian-assembled Evisu jeans and jackets on eBay etc; it's pretty recognisable when you know what you're looking for. The pairs that I've handled have been pretty soft to the touch, and with some really deep, deep, vivid fades - Edwin-esque, if you've ever seen any of their worn denim.

Can anyone tell me what the red tab says? I'd assumed it would just say "Evisu" in English.

IMG_1583.jpg

エヴィスヤ= Evisu Store

Pretty cool that you have them on a pair of 2000's, I know they put it on 2005's but had never seen it on 2000's. I love the Japanese tag :D .

Dang those Tokyo blues with red tab are niiice! I bet they blue will look awesome with the blue of the denim as the jeans wear in.

As for those Yamanes, if memory serves me correct, the first time I saw a pair of those on the net the denim reminded me more of the that Evis No. 0, really slubby and textured, and really pricy. These look like a different run with really smooth denim? After searching for a link it looks like there have proly been many different runs of these, regardless I do really like those back pockets. Anyone here planning to get a pair?

And nice leather coat CTB

Hi, I'm new to Evisu and I would like a pair of raw stf classic straight fits. Which Evisu is the best choice and where to buy?

Lot 2000 in No.1 denim...

Without gulls and tab, you can get them from Blue in Green, but they only have small sizes left and you'll need to size up by two:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=4576&category_id=&manufacturer_id=46&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Or get them via proxy from Japan:

http://shop.evisu.jp/shopdetail/004004000001/order/

I previously had Evisu 2000 No. 1 in sz34 that fit pretty well -- they were never too tight in the waist but the legs fit decently. My only problem with them was that by the time they shrunk down fully, the rise got a little low.

If I'm looking at Evisu 2001 No.1, should I be looking at a 32 or 33?

edit: Some other random sizing references -- size 31 in Sugar Cane 1947 fits pretty well but a fully shrunk size 31 Warehouse 1001XX is too big

I had the same problem with 2000no1... rise is made to look/feel even lower if you have more backside.

Later I tried no2's and they were pretty good, but after a couple looks at my finances, I couldn't pull trigger. So I remain sans-Evisu

Haven't tried No1 2001's, but no2's were no good. (I would guess that no1 2001's might be somewhere between no2 2001, and no2 2000)

Anybody wanna trade something in a 27-28 for those somewhat unknown (made in Italy, no cut # or denim #) slim-fitting tagged 26s (in my first pic)?

:)

But yeah, definitely snug. I think a little bit of stretching from wear + losing a few pounds by coming out of winter hibernation will get them from "butt squeezing" to "appropriately slim". If not, then I'll probably resell.

The 2001s (with the gold) are definitely the looser than what I was used to wearing... but I'm a pretty big fan. And judging by this thread, that seems to be the way most Evisu owners like their size/cut.