australia :: general

TTT

man yeah thats a shame, i was really looking forward to it, wouldve been no more proxying the stuff from japan. i just assumed that it was in motion considering brands like GAP and H&M have/are making their way to australia. agreed, there is a lot of trash in australia that shouldnt be here

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/02/21/us-cities-liveable-idUKTRE71K0NS20110221

In the annual survey by the Economist Intelligence Unit, the Canadian west coast city and 2010 Winter Olympics host scored 98 percent on a combination of stability, health care, culture and environment, education, and infrastructure -- a score unchanged from last year.

It has topped the list from 2007.

Although Melbourne pipped the Austrian capital for silver medal, there was no other major change near the top of the list of 140 cities worldwide. Auckland, New Zealand, came in 10th.

"Mid-sized cities in developed countries with relatively low population densities tend to score well by having all the cultural and infrastructural benefits on offer with fewer problems related to crime or congestion," said Jon Copestake, editor of the report, in a statement.

Pittsburgh was the top U.S. city with 29th place -- just ahead of Honolulu -- while Los Angeles moved up three places to 44th and New York held onto the 56th spot.

London moved up one place to 53rd while Paris came in at number 16.

The top Asian city was Osaka at number 12, tying Geneva, Switzerland and beating out the Japanese capital of Tokyo, which came in at 18.

Hong Kong came in at 31 but Beijing, capital of the world's most populous nation and No. 2 economy, straggled in at 72.

There was also little change at the bottom, with Harare, the capital of Zimbabwe, once again claiming the worst position with a rating of 37.5 percent, narrowing beating out the Bangladesh capital of Dhaka.

The Economist Intelligence Unit survey ranks cities based on 30 factors such as healthcare, culture and environment, and education and personal safety.

Top 10:

1. Vancouver, Canada

2. Melbourne, Australia

3. Vienna, Austria

4. Toronto, Canada

5. Calgary, Canada

6. Helsinki, Finland

7. Sydney, Australia

8. Perth, Australia

8. Adelaide, Australia

10. Auckland, New Zealand

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having seen that guy's SILENT buying service on the supermarket I thought I would offer the same thing:

Parable will be stocking SILENT for AW11 onwards, so if you are interested in pre-ordering any pieces at a discounted rate and would like to support a new Australian boutique send me a PM and I will send you the line sheet and prices.

Hi fellow sufu members,

Been a while since I've been on here/SZ, hope everyone is well.

I am to debut my upcoming S/S2012 collection at RAFW 2011 in just under two weeks, and as part of the runway show, I will be coordinating a showroom during the period in the lead-up to the show and for a few days post-show, mainly for buyers and press.

If there is anyone on here that would like to come view the collection in person, please let me know (via [email protected]), and we can perhaps organise a common time for fellow SUFU/SZ members to come in for a look/chat/drink. A few members on here are already going to be present. Thanks guys :)

Arj //

143-ASSS2011-12InviteShowShowroom.jpg

• 1 month later...