australia :: general

TTT

Recently, I've started going to Head Studio in King Street. Great customer service, not too pricey and they're near all of the good shops so you can have a little bit of a snoop around while you wait for your appointment. Plus they make a nice cup of tea.

I get mine done at Saint James Hair Studio by a Japanese hairdresser Kazu. Been with him for about 3 years now, hasn't let me down. Was thinking about trying head studio...but looked a bit too posh for my liking. How much is a male's haircut there?

Kazu is $43 from memory with styling and everything. Normal hairdressers there are $38, though I'd only recommend either John or Canon. Mostly Asians though, but there are Australians that go there. They mostly get their hair cut with Alvin the owner, he's more conventional I think.

Yeah, I have got the most terrible thick white person hair. If I leave it alone for more than a fucking minute it molds into something straight out of the seventies. Put anything more than the tiniest amount of product in it and I start to look like a Leningrad Cowboy. It's ridiculous!

Cheers for the tip, though, I might give those guys a shot some time.

yeah Ive had a recommendation for HS before. Never been though. Last one I had was at Scissor Sisters in leedy. As far as I can remember it was good.

Id like to find some old spinster with skills that can follow a photo, do a good job for a lobster, but unless youre looking for a mohawk circa 2002 youre shit out of luck in my area.

Dave, I recommend giving them a shot then because they mostly deal with thick Asian hair which sounds similar to yours.

Maybe some of these tricks I use to keep my thick hair in control may help:

- After I shower and dry my hair I put on a beanie/hat. This flattens my hair so when I put product in, it becomes normal thickness.

- I only wash my hair every second day to retain moisture.

- Sebastian Taming Elixir. It's a lotion you put in your hair that makes it less boofy. Pair this with the beanie trick and your hair will be as flat as paper.

- I mix products. First using a mat or clay product to get control and bunching. Then a lightweight wet wax that gives it separated texture.

Okay...I've gone on a huge tangent. Lol hope some of those tricks help.

Haha I also get my hair cut at St James now. Tomoe usually cuts mine and does a good job of it, and Canon wasn't bad either last time. $37 is what I pay. (Before that I went to K3G. Wouldn't recommend it!) My house mate (who's white) also goes their.

• 1 month later...

If anyone's interested in a pair of lightly used grey achilles 43 complete with box / dustbag let me know. Since they're a bit heavy, shipping costs usually puts off overseas buyers so I thought I'd try my luck here.

Same as these:

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks

Barely stabbed anyone in the back, she is in a better position to see the Labor Party through to another term than Rudd. I think it's smart that party members, chose to get this over with as quick as possible.

I think the most alarming thing is, that people are focusing on her gender and how she came to lead the party, rather than where the party now stands on key issues, leading into an election.

I agree with that whole heartedly....its a pretty damming indication of the standing of our current society.

I am probably not well enough informed to make a good educated choice, my personal view is that both parties are moderate enough that it will probably make little difference. but i guess ill probably vote labour local, and go the green for senate seats.

I have a pair of Vivienne Westwood x Melissa Lady Dragon Blue Orb shoes for sale. Size 10 / 41. They are in perfect condition except for a few minuscule scratches on top of one of the orbs. They haven't even got any wear on the soles.

lady20dragon20orb20late.jpg

$195 new. $110 shipped. Buy them for your BZ. Or yourself. What eva.

has anyone bought or can comment on the quality of replica furniture from sites like milandirect.com.au or lifeinteriors.com.au? i'm thinking for the price bracket, i wouldn't be able to get anything better in a real store anyway. and yh it sucks that they are knockoffs but the real things are hard to come by here and way expensive.