australia :: general

TTT

i am flying to melbourne from adelaide next week and for some reason i have never flown tiger before. its alot cheaper than virgin/qantas, but the problem is i have read and heard nothing but horror stories about them r - flights getting delayed time and time again, baggage going missing/getting damaged, getting fucked around in general, etc.

what's everyone's experience with them?

Avoid Tiger, far too many problems with them - my neighbour works at Melbourne Airport and sees how bad they are almost everyday. I'd rather pay triple the price to avoid them; never had an issue with any of the other budget airlines though.

yeah I flew with tiger hassle free earlier in the year. I guess it depends just how cheap the tickets are. If there is only $10 in it, go for one of the other carriers - but if the tiger tickets are like $18.50 like they were a few weeks ago, go for it.

p.s. don't hold me accountable if Tiger screw you over.

i'd rather just pay a bit extra and play it safe. i really don't want to be sitting around for hours and hours (this isn't international!) just for a half an hour flight. like i said, overall all i've heard (friends, family, dudes online) are bad reports. thanks anyway, guys.

Heading to Adelaide on Thursday to play some shows. Any good stores/food spots to hit?

this isn't to do with the om show, is it?

the only shop really worth checking out is right hand distribution, but if you aren't into denim/americana its not worth it. they stock sugar cane, samurai, imperial, garbstore etc. owner is a really nice guy. across the road is first in flight which is a sneaker 'boutique'; nike, new balance and whatever shit sneaker heads are into these days. they used to stock evisu, edwin, undefeated etc but i haven't been inside for years now. there is a hugo boss store on grenfell st, next to bang & olufsen. there used to be a place off rundle mall (alex brews or something) that stocked fred perry, red wing etc but they closed about a month ago. there's a country road on rundle mall opposite david jones. they have lacoste, fred perry, ralph lauren etc but the selection fucking sucks. for girls there are quite a few stores but for dudes there is literally nothing else at all apart from the usual stores that sell the same shit and the obvious chains like general pants/american apparel/etc that every city has. not one place in the whole state that sells stuff like apc acne, cdg, con etc for men.

a few decent book stores. there used to be two great record stores (vinyl) but now there is only one and its basically just hardcore/punk.

good restaurants/cafes in the cbd and north adelaide (i can provide addresses if you want. first two are vegan too):

thea.

zenhouse (more like a cafe, very casual).

sparrow (would prob have to book a table, but thurs night might be okay with winging it).

mapo.

sato.

east taste.

chocolate bean.

gouger st has the most food joints (e.g. mapo/east taste) by far. there's also chinatown food court which has a bunch of stalls that you would expect a chinatown to have.

i don't drink so i can't recommend a bar, but they are basically all on hindley and rundle st.

really small city and sadly super boring for visitors.

Thanks a lot for the info, I've got all of Friday during the day to roam the city so I'll hit up a few of the spots that you mentioned.

Its the Royal Headache/BWBB tour. If you're keen to come to any of the shows let me know and I'll put you on the door.

this isn't to do with the om show, is it?

the only shop really worth checking out is right hand distribution, but if you aren't into denim/americana its not worth it. they stock sugar cane, samurai, imperial, garbstore etc. owner is a really nice guy. across the road is first in flight which is a sneaker 'boutique'; nike, new balance and whatever shit sneaker heads are into these days. they used to stock evisu, edwin, undefeated etc but i haven't been inside for years now. there is a hugo boss store on grenfell st, next to bang & olufsen. there used to be a place off rundle mall (alex brews or something) that stocked fred perry, red wing etc but they closed about a month ago. there's a country road on rundle mall opposite david jones. they have lacoste, fred perry, ralph lauren etc but the selection fucking sucks. for girls there are quite a few stores but for dudes there is literally nothing else at all apart from the usual stores that sell the same shit and the obvious chains like general pants/american apparel/etc that every city has. not one place in the whole state that sells stuff like apc acne, cdg, con etc for men.

a few decent book stores. there used to be two great record stores (vinyl) but now there is only one and its basically just hardcore/punk.

good restaurants/cafes in the cbd and north adelaide (i can provide addresses if you want. first two are vegan too):

thea.

zenhouse (more like a cafe, very casual).

sparrow (would prob have to book a table, but thurs night might be okay with winging it).

mapo.

sato.

east taste.

chocolate bean.

gouger st has the most food joints (e.g. mapo/east taste) by far. there's also chinatown food court which has a bunch of stalls that you would expect a chinatown to have.

i don't drink so i can't recommend a bar, but they are basically all on hindley and rundle st.

really small city and sadly super boring for visitors.

^good ol adelaide eh?

amalfi on frome rd is a nice spot with good ambience, service and food... could be hard getting a table depending on numbers

i really really dig wasai in chinatown on gouger st. not the best atmosphere but brilliant food for what you're paying

a good store for the ladies is the new guard on unley rd. apc, acne and that kinda thing

you might wanna check out lax underneath DJs but it doesnt really have a whole lot going for it...and as mentioned by conqueror axel beers is ok and rhd is worth a look

LAX used to be kind of alright a few years ago but its total balls now - especially in the colder seasons. all they literally stock is g-star, lee and nudie. i still don't understand why they stock so much g-star garbage when the actual retail store is 100m away.

• 2 weeks later...

can you guys recommend any domain hosts?

i was just going to plain use westnet as they're provided me with good internet service over the years, but noticed they're pretty expensive @ $30/year.

also, web hosting? again, westnet seem expensive.

edit: it's just for a personal portfolio so doubt i'll need much bandwidth / whatever.

crossover from the melbourne thread, in case other dudes don't check it:

has anyone here transferred univerisities interstate? i'm looking at moving to melbourne in december but the little information i can find seems to result in a huge headache. i'm a first year psychological science student at the university of adelaide if it helps.

I will pay anyone for legitimate contact details and information on Joseph Norman Kearns, the worlds biggest cunt.

He is a filthy fucking lier and scumbag. He deserves to be in jail, and if I have any say in it he will be.

Do not under any cirumstance do business with this sammer. He owes people, and this is just what I have found out about, over $30,000 dollars and he continues to act like nothing is wrong.

crossover from the melbourne thread, in case other dudes don't check it:

has anyone here transferred univerisities interstate? i'm looking at moving to melbourne in december but the little information i can find seems to result in a huge headache. i'm a first year psychological science student at the university of adelaide if it helps.

I haven't, but have you tried contacting Melbourne or Monash directly?? Just ask them if you can move across and how much credit you will get for what you have done in adelaide?

My experience with monash is that they are pretty helpful with stuff like that

I will pay anyone for legitimate contact details and information on Joseph Norman Kearns, the worlds biggest cunt.

He is a filthy fucking lier and scumbag. He deserves to be in jail, and if I have any say in it he will be.

Do not under any cirumstance do business with this sammer. He owes people, and this is just what I have found out about, over $30,000 dollars and he continues to act like nothing is wrong.

Has anyone been able to get a hold of him?

I placed an order over two months ago and he isn't responding to any emails.

Nup. I don't think he is bothering with Never End anymore. He is happy to have stolen peoples money, now he is just busy spending it and lying to people about it.

Did you pay for the order?

Yeah I've paid in full, he also sent me an email coincidentally the same day I posted saying that he's been busy with his lawyers trying to sue people and get things together.

I'd like to believe him? But what can I do but wait and hope he's telling the truth..