australia :: general

TTT

nah no insoles, the regular insole is cushioned enough for me. hope they work out perfectly for you man, I'm gonna try and duck out from work early today to try and make it back home and then to the post office for you Nick. :)

^ too true. it's hard to get that perfect fit without trying them in person though, need to fit so that they're not constricting around the toes (like guidis, actually the way the backzip was only lined with the thinnest piece of leather didn't help for comfort either) or loose enough so that your heel slides at the back (like the chunky julius engineers did on me, the backzip is properly covered on those though so it was more irritating than uncomfortable).

nah no insoles, the regular insole is cushioned enough for me. hope they work out perfectly for you man, I'm gonna try and duck out from work early today to try and make it back home and then to the post office for you Nick. :)

O shii~ would be nice to get them by Friday, don't force yourself though.

I think that leather boots are extremely comfortable. And there is no problem walking around for days in them (though that's not good for the leather's health). But sneakers are much better for active things like running and just clowning around, don't have to worry about scuffing. Also the sole to upper-part doesn't feel so detached and more congruent. Less risk of spraining your ankle. I stepped on a curb bad on my Guidis and that certainly hurt...

I really like these. Almost as much as the AnnD buckle sneaks.

t02200293_0480064010482977361.jpg

t02200293_0480064010482977364.jpg

O shii~ would be nice to get them by Friday, don't force yourself though.

phew, just made it. :) hopefully it'll arrive by Friday but it's in auspost's hands now so I wouldn't hold your breath haha.

my tall engineers are fairly beat now, I prefer how they look now though.

I think I should just try going out in my boots with jeans untucked lol. The uncomfortable part for me is how tight the shaft is with jeans tucked in. Especially with my _7 twisted jeans, when I take my boots off, theres dark red indented marks above my ankles lol.

Forgot what boots you wear, leather too rigid to stretch? You really ought to wear sneakers till your lower back recovers tho.

^ ah cheers for posting that up here Sam!

and thanks for the kind words/support Joe, as always.

Been quite flat-out preparing for RAFW in May but I'll put up the full look book on here/SZ soon. Hopefully no one will grill us abt the shoes this time :P

Looking forward to sharing more. Appreciate the support we get from you local boys <3

looking forward to seeing the individual pieces Mel, I can see what you meant when you mentioned you were taking things to the next level with this collection. icon14.gif

can't wait for the pics of those pants Joe, they were definitely one of the stand outs for me with the crazy diagonal hook closure fly and subtle curved leg. hoping to hear good news re: the gloves soon too mang. :cool:

im looking forward to the cold kuugaia. time to crack out the VA high collar coat.

Nice man :cool:.

I managed to pull out my DD scarf today, and man...was the feeling good. Just love the feeling of nice snug clothing wrapped around me.

I've really liked the aesthetic on a lot of the VA outer wears but never managed to pull the trigger. Heard some quality issues regarding the buttons/fastening methods. How are they on your coat?

how long does it usually take for a parcel to arrive from darklands and does the parcel get delivered by auspost or one of the courier companies? when I ordered guidis from pnp they were delivered by tnt even though they were sent though italian post.

^even without volcanic interference, my experience with Darklands, it varies, ranging from 1 week - a month, you may end up 3 months like adam's? my rubber sneaks took a month, but i believe it was stuck in the custom for quite awhile.. . ..

they use DHL and it will held by auspost.

Second on fenrost. Shipped with DHL international but once it hits Australia it'll be done by Auspost. From memory it took my boots 9 literal days.

Don't rely on DHL tracking though. It updated a total of 3 times and when my item arrived it was still saying 'inward office of exchange USA'.

Nice man :cool:.

I managed to pull out my DD scarf today, and man...was the feeling good. Just love the feeling of nice snug clothing wrapped around me.

I've really liked the aesthetic on a lot of the VA outer wears but never managed to pull the trigger. Heard some quality issues regarding the buttons/fastening methods. How are they on your coat?

quality on the coat is good (understatement) but im yet to really wear it as i bought it last year in September. its the kind of item that is hard to find in a size 2 so i copped. There is a size 1 on Y! going for 38000YEN which is cheap, and its been there for awhile. As tyro said the thing is bloody warm. i put it on when i got it to check the fit and i was boiling (i norm run cold)