australia :: general

TTT

congrats adam!.

is some Ph already in store? :o oh I better take a trip to EM this saturday...

no, not yet, not that i know of but their aw deliveries are already rolling in, recently are more for womens wear, elena dawson first apparently, ph later... ccp remains a unknown/surprise for now... :mad:

I'm really happy for you, man!

Also, has anyone here been paying attention to Saxony, Myer's attempt to kind of target the whole gothic/industrial/StyleZeitgeist kind of aesthetic? I mean obviously it's not going to be quite up to the standards of Rick, CCP et al. but nevertheless I'm kind of interested in where they'll take things and glad to see a more accessible alternative for some options.

congrats A!

Also, has anyone here been paying attention to Saxony, Myer's attempt to kind of target the whole gothic/industrial/StyleZeitgeist kind of aesthetic? I mean obviously it's not going to be quite up to the standards of Rick, CCP et al. but nevertheless I'm kind of interested in where they'll take things and glad to see a more accessible alternative for some options.

myer-mens12-600x400.jpg

:confused::confused:

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Myer is a massive mens clothing fail. There is no reason to go into that store. Even their main womens labels are going to DJs.

At least Melbourne get Harolds. When will Sydney get anything half decent? Perhaps the redevelopment of the Pitt st Westfield will bring about some change.

When will Sydney get anything half decent? Perhaps the redevelopment of the Pitt st Westfield will bring about some change.

depends on the market, i guess. sydney got belinda men's that carries dries van noten, bottega veneta, helmut lang etc etc, they use to carry ccp too few years back, but dropped due to poor sales.

Its funny that they dropped due to poor sales. I always thought it would be one of those brands that requires perseverance, both as a stockist and as a consumer. I have no idea how long they stocked CCP for so can't say for certain, but they may be regretting their decision? EM seem to sell quite a lot, and have probably built a loyal following from what I understand, which will have had a flow on effect to their other labels.

What are you getting at conqueror lol? Am I missing something? A new store?

And regarding the westfield development, I was at a PCA lunch and apparently the plan is to have an entire 'incubation' level devoted to new designers and stores etc. So that could be promising. And from what I could tell from the rendered images, the space looks really nice, not like your typical westfield.

Its funny that they dropped due to poor sales. I always thought it would be one of those brands that requires perseverance, both as a stockist and as a consumer. I have no idea how long they stocked CCP for so can't say for certain, but they may be regretting their decision? EM seem to sell quite a lot, and have probably built a loyal following from what I understand, which will have had a flow on effect to their other labels.

exactly,

ccp is quite known to be the worst label to carry, many stores that carried them have to drop them or shut down.

they are actually not a profitable line, its like gambling with them, they can hold stores order up to one year, too, due to inefficiency in materials/production or other reasons. so it should be passion dealing with ccp - like financing an art project than getting profit.

and that is why em and ccp has kinda establish a very close relationship, as it has not been an easy one.

*add:

come to think of it, it's even more difficult to carry now, poell's popularity as of recent are internet driven, meaning any stores that want to carry ccp have to think twice they are up with competition with international stores like Atelier, Darklands etc. pricing will be an issue, and if can't sell even at sales, they will fall apart.

You got to be careful when a westifield talks about incubating young designers. you just going to end up with jr alex perrys

What's wrong with Alex Perry? His sunglasses are da bomb, and he is even doing a line with Diva. That's right, that high end jewellery and accessory store. Something to aspire to I guess...

And speaking of Australia's Next Top Model (you know you watch it), Kelsey (the hot one) works at Zimmerman in Paddington. I swear I didn't find that via the internet. It was an accident, honest. But in any case, she is hot.

And speaking of Australia's Next Top Model (you know you watch it), Kelsey (the hot one) works at Zimmerman in Paddington. I swear I didn't find that via the internet. It was an accident, honest. But in any case, she is hot.

Did you find this out before or after you got engaged?

Also wrt. the Myer stuff, maybe it's just me but I was in a doctor's office reading some Australian GQ Style Magazine and they had this picture involving this waxed cotton dropped-crotch shorts/vest combo which sent off alarm bells of a sort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...