australia :: general

TTT

ballin' out of control Rob haha.

I haven't bought anything substantial besides the Julius MA silk/wool suit and leather boston backpack, and they're more work related/utilitarian than real jawns. urge to cop rising...

nah mel I really like the beige for that coat (looks great paired with all black and I've already got my black DBSS coat) and it seems the SS09 version fit larger. good to hear the DD bag worked out for you man. rumor has it those IS derbies aren't going into production...

i like the blue-ish greenish tone of the shoe. not a big fan of the shape, but i think it goes really well with PH, L&F 's aesthethic. CI's new stocks actually goes really well with one another.

true but the two streams of labels that CI stock look incredibly out of place next to each other haha.

i think its time for me to join the jut neck party. since most of you have owned or still own this jacket i thought i'll ask you guys for some insight. which season should i be taking particular notice of? there seems to be subtle differences between each season. although riri zippers would be nice, it really doesn't bother me whether its ykk or riri. i'm more concerned about differences in leather, overall thickness and sizing of the jacket. charcoal fit for a 46 (size 2 i guess?) is what i'm after.

there's a history between cose, assin and em that may or may not have played a part in this reaction...

Mind to share??

i think its time for me to join the jut neck party. since most of you have owned or still own this jacket i thought i'll ask you guys for some insight. which season should i be taking particular notice of? there seems to be subtle differences between each season. although riri zippers would be nice, it really doesn't bother me whether its ykk or riri. i'm more concerned about differences in leather, overall thickness and sizing of the jacket. charcoal fit for a 46 (size 2 i guess?) is what i'm after.

Yeah, I recently joined the party though. Currently looking for one too. Based on "D"amien "J"ulius "I"ntelligence, probably you should go after 2. i will personally go after the F/W09 lamb skin though. I don't know, the leather and the quality look really amazing though in the pics. I really do want to handle the piece myself. Shame I did not buy the Lebron James was selling few weeks back =\

FW09 for sure since hardcore followers vouch for the leather and fit, I've never handled the other leathers but I love my black one in Size 3.

Anyway you're most likely to be able to find a charcoal in Size 2 from FW09 if you keep your eyes peeled on Yahoo auctions. There were several floating around in the months after the midwinter collection dropped.

the general consensus seems to be for the f/w09 which i think has the riri zippers. people are catching on with the change in zippers and they are charging quite a huge markup imo for the f/w09. i'm hoping to get lucky on y! and score one for around 130000Y even if its from a later season. though i have my doubts since this seems to be one of the more popular style and i'd imagine a smaller supply with the charcoal one. theres a used s/s08 black one on y! atm that is going for pretty cheap and at the same time a bnwt charcoal one for more than double. both size 1 though :(.

notsick, you remember what the going rate for one was?

lulz, not quite what my username stands for calvin. :P btw the stole should be arriving today if it hasn't already. :)

the FW09 jut was the best iteration imo and I've owned all of them haha. the leather used that season is just amazing for it's texture and it's quite substantial without being excessively heavy/warm, the fit is perfection too. the SS08 version did have riri zips but personally I've found the YKK zips used from late FW08 onwards are smoother, they look nearly identical too as they're both made from plated brass. the jut fits true to size so you'd definitely want a size 2, not sure about the going rate for the FW09 version as I don't check Y! often.

sorry but the FW09 jut uses YKK zippers. :(

130~140k yen sounds about right iirc. black was a lot more popular than charcoal and charcoal began appearing on Yahoo auctions even before I received my jut in the mail. the retail pricing was 162 500 yen so I doubt you'd have to pay more than 120-130k for the same jacket now.

thanks for the replies guys. time to set up camp on y! the hunt begins..

honestly i'm hoping to pick one up around the 100k mark. but i kinda want it pretty badly so i wouldn't be surprised if i end up going nuts on a bidding war and end up paying alot more than that :P.

what are the differences in fit between the f/w09 and the others?

lulz, not quite what my username stands for calvin. :P btw the stole should be arriving today if it hasn't already. :)

the FW09 jut was the best iteration imo and I've owned all of them haha. the leather used that season is just amazing for it's texture and it's quite substantial without being excessively heavy/warm, the fit is perfection too. the SS08 version did have riri zips but personally I've found the YKK zips used from late FW08 onwards are smoother, they look nearly identical too as they're both made from plated brass. the jut fits true to size so you'd definitely want a size 2, not sure about the going rate for the FW09 version as I don't check Y! often.

lulz, there is no surprise if anyone would assume that D. Thanks for that, will surely check that up once i get home. I dont really care whether it was YKK or Riri though. It is just the zip. The reason i prefer the F/W09 version one is the quality of the leather shown in the pics. Thanks for the info too

there are a few fw09 juts on Yahoo! atm but they're size 1s. ranging from 80k to 120k. Ill prob end up buying the Fw09 jut as i liked it when i saw it and still like it today. its either that or a RO high collar geo or intarsia.

there is also 2 pairs of Julius engineer side zip boots, size 4 (never see them in 4) on Y! for 45-50K.

edit: sorry, the juts are the 08SS versions. ill keep looking for you

There are negligible differences between YKK and Riri from the pieces I own. Both work great and lack any noticeable differences. Are we brand snobs to zips now? Lulz.

I'm with calvinc. Julius seems to only get better iterations of signature pieces every season. Though I haven't handled anything before 09, just from the aesthetic look I personally think they just keep getting better and better. My favorite label at the moment.

that's not to say the SS08 version isn't great, the sheep leather is a fair bit more substantial than the later versions even if it hasn't been through the amazing hardwashing process of the FW09 leathers.

P I'd def go for the jut, miles ahead in every respect. the RO geo is a difficult one to pull off, I liked the intarsia high collar (probably because it reminded me of the jut) but the dog shit leather quality was more than enough to turn me off regardless of fit.

yeah my thoughts exactly D. RO is nice but i think the effort id have to go to to get it wouldnt be worth it in the end. id be over it by the time i got it. Its still a long way off but ill prob buy the jut as my 'open front' leather of choice as my FW07 only works when closed IMO. in saying that though, its not high on my list atm as im still looking for full time work.