australia :: general

TTT

sure is P. :cool: with IS they make more or less the same pieces every season, just in a different fabrics each time. really liked the weight and texture of the SS10 cotton/linen blend but the only japanese webstore with the beige colour in stock only has sizes 2 and 3, I need a size 0.

70-74K yen, the price seems to vary depending on the store which is odd for a japanese label. CI has a tagged price of over $2K AUD, the SA offered to drop the price to below $2K while I was trying it on haha.

dunno, the very basic designs, lapel-less collars and exaggerated shoulders don't really do it for me. from what I've seen next season's Devoa is standard fare from the label re: cuts and designs no? perhaps my opinion will change over time as I haven't had a chance to handle any pieces yet...

I like the detailing too T but after extended wear I'm sure the jersey sleeves would shit me once they starts constantly falling over my hands. go check out IS at CI, they have the full size range from 0 to 4 I believe and some truly nice pieces.

dunno, they've both just being doing more or less the same pieces each season thus far imo.

can't get that IS coat now even if I really wanted to anyway, only stores that ordered a beige size 0 are CI, boutique roma in switzerland, and hotoveli in NYC. ah well, I'd basically decided against it anyway.

perhaps I should cop this cowl neck coat instead:

02171401_4b7b7828927e9.jpg

kinda want a coat that's slightly drapey without the extremity of the overwrapping coats.

in adelaide our coat options are limited to like...something to put over a suit at rodd and gun or the same lee/fcuck peacoat everyone wears. coats are one of the things i really want to try on before dropping major cash on so my options are limited to basically nothing.

has anyone seen the new military boots country road just put out? $300, look nice but i am interested in the quality. don't seem to be in the SA stores yet.

http://www.countryroad.com.au/#/menswear/accessories/1

if the link doesn't work, its menswear > accessories and then the first picture.

speaking of IS, these shoes are perfect...

isshoes.jpg

As for Country Road, I was in a store here in Sydney buying a belt and had a look at the boots. The quality looks pretty good, though I've never owned a pair of CR shoes. I have a pea coat from last A/W and it is solid as a rock. Flawless construction.

those boots are nice. i was just looking at that thread on SZ. simple, elegant, minimal, yet at the same time they have impact.

i bought some long sleeve basics from Country road the other day. slim sleeves and a nice choice of colors (very muted palette). i looked at the boots but only quickly.

dunno, the very basic designs, lapel-less collars and exaggerated shoulders don't really do it for me. from what I've seen next season's Devoa is standard fare from the label re: cuts and designs no? perhaps my opinion will change over time as I haven't had a chance to handle any pieces yet...

Well if you ever get a chance D, try this on:

Wool_Silk_Jacket_4b51fc8bdec08.jpg

If I didn't spend as much money as I already have, this would already be mine. I personally didn't like it that much when I saw it in pics (especially the lapel-less collar) but putting it on was a whole new story.