australia :: general

TTT

best of luck with the sale mel, shouldn't have any trouble moving them. they're beautiful boots but if they aren't getting much wear then there isn't really a point in keeping them.

hmm, the bbs bag does look decent in those shots but tbh I'm still not sold on the quality of his pieces from what I've handled and the feedback from people on SZ. realised during the 20 minute walk between the two offices for training that a shoulder bag + a backpack isn't really practical, better off with a boston/duffle bag that I carry. shouldn't have sold the _7 boston, although the washed lamb leather wasn't the best choice of materials as it scuffs easily and I don't exactly baby my bags. perhaps the zippered goat leather one next season would fit the bill...

haha would be much easier if I had 100+ post on SZ :( though I've received some interest since this morning. Can't believe I'm letting them go after looking for them for more than 6 months! Ah well.

I think I'll be going for the DD backpack damien... seller didn't reply regarding my offer though so I'll just bid normally.. need a bag asap and the price isn't too bad...

@ Ryan if you're reading this - I'm unable to reply to your PM :S says you've chosen to not receive any... check your settings man!

I noticed you're quite adamant on getting a leather one D but canvas might actually be a good choice if you toss your bags around. The Silent bag mentioned on SZ has great design and is probably quite durable. Although you're right that it's overpriced for its materials. Maybe check to see if it's lined on the inside.

^You're selling your Guidis? Lol I just bought mine. I hope we're not the same size or anything :P

already sold them. :o tbh I prefer my tall engineers, the guidis were a tad effeminate looking imo and the leather smell was still too overwhelming for me to feel comfortable with storing them in my wardrobe (not that it was an unpleasant smell, just didn't want the rest of my jawns to smell like them).

most of my leather bags hold up fine, just the lamb leather used last f/w does show scuffs/marks easily so perhaps it wasn't the best choice of materials for a bag. _7 goat leather is some durable shit, wasn't keen on it when used for a leather jacket but it's a good choice for a bag.

Ours would be too small for you anyways K :o

T, I hope it was you that copped it!! That jacket is seriously timeless. Tried on the double layer cotton+wool @ barneys last year and I still look at my fit pic on my phone time to time.. lolol

I'm still bummed that I lost the auction for that size 44 Linea jacket on Y! a couple of weeks ago... missed out by like 10k yen :(

canvas might be a better choice if you are chucking your gym clothes and stuff in it, would want a fabric that is heavy but still breaths. Then again, I dont imagine you are a stinky guy Damien :P

haha yeah my gym clothes never really smell, that and I keep the worn clothes and runners in plastic bags within the bag anyway.

agree with you re: boots Rob, the slimness, height and slouchiness of the guidis made them look a bit too much like womens boots on me.

your a size 50-52?

i woulda jump on awlouie's ccp thread. esp the ccp jkt, those are forever.

am more after a black fabric (wool, cotton, silk, etc) simple jacket at the moment, similar to the MA+ or the Linea one that recently sold. Carpe jackets always welcome too! :S

Cheers melv!

I havent actually given the last album a go yet... the classics should do the trick though.

Brand new will be just as good. The thing with Brand New is that I dont think there will be a song played that I dont like (or at least can't get into).

Man get on that shit asap - or at least check out these songs - pray for rain, babel, spitting the atom, psyche and atlas air - last 2 being my personal fav.

Whens Brand New playing in bris? btw I'm coming up again on 1st of April. Will contact you closer to the date :)

In other news - just sold my guidis :'( I feel sad already.. that CCP tornado zip currently on the market... yes/no? one of the zip is broken though...

you should know the answer to that mel after you shared your thoughts on ccp with me after your visit to lift. no good in jumping on the bandwagon just because of popular opinion, they have to be something you truly like yourself to be worthy of purchasing.

btw good cop T, I know you've been keen on copping a pair for quite a while now and you got them for a great price. icon14.gif btw does anyone have any recommendations for boots that are slim around the opening? I've been looking at getting a pair to wear to work occasionally but I think most boots are simply too wide to wear with my slacks (my every day 'qlo slacks have a hem of 17.5cm, down to 15.5 and 15cm for my lad and MA suit pants respectively). any ideas or am I best off sticking with derbies?

In other news - just sold my guidis :'( I feel sad already.. that CCP tornado zip currently on the market... yes/no? one of the zip is broken though...

that seller is pretty steezy, she is also selling a pair of ph leather pants.. someone here should kop that already!

what's your thought about ccp melv?

that seller is pretty steezy, she is also selling a pair of ph leather pants.. someone here should kop that already!

what's your thought about ccp melv?

still patiently waiting here in hope she will change her mind about the pants....;)

Ivan, you did own those ccp spirals at one stage right? just curious.. were they tagged as 1?

where is size 8........... :confused:

Yeah I did own them, but I can't remember what they were numbered as. If a size 9 pops up anywhere they are mine! Lazzari should have stock in a few weeks apparently.

man, those pants are so dope chin,

i myself feel like kopping them ,but seriously, they are for you, your ph jkt need an assemble. :P

Yeah I did own them, but I can't remember what they were numbered as. If a size 9 pops up anywhere they are mine! Lazzari should have stock in a few weeks apparently.

ivan, 9 popped up in y! awhile ago, no? glad to hear lazzari are restocking, but they are getting cordovan right? still contemplated despite i am really looking for a kangaroo leather version (serious grail, imo), it was instant sold out in EM.

Hah I feel like an idiot D ;p I guess since then I've developed more appreciation for Altieri, Amadei, and CCP altogether. To be honest, I was beasting over Guidi back then because they're only half the price and I thought they looked so so much better compared to CCP boots when I tried them on. Mind you this is when I wear nothing but cm's lizzies as my main pair of pants. You can just imagine how shit CCP would look with tight skinny jeans (pretty much denim leggings). Now that I've moved away from skinny jeans/slim look altogether, when I finally got my hands on the guidis I've always wanted.. I can't help but felt short.. especially after owning a pair Avantindietros.

I know this may sound pathetic, but if you remember, I bought that pair of Avantins out of impulse just because I couldn't get my hands on the guidis I wanted. I wasn't even crazy about them until I handled them myself. It really was an eye opener.

Some of you guys might shoot me for this but I guess in some ways, back then I was like "hey guidis are mad and reasonably priced, but just for fun, let's try a pair of boots that cost double and see the difference" .. in which I thought "overrated." - I was just so caught up in that whole guidi shit that I was blinded to everything else.

@ rob - I guess you can gather my thoughts from just reading that ;p

And fuck how could one not love the tornado zips after seeing BSR's pic with mailmoth... the one they shot just of his boots from behind... HOF imo.

Hah I feel like an idiot D ;p I guess since then I've developed more appreciation for Altieri, Amadei, and CCP altogether. To be honest, I was beasting over Guidi back then because they're only half the price and I thought they looked so so much better compared to CCP boots when I tried them on. Mind you this is when I wear nothing but cm's lizzies as my main pair of pants. You can just imagine how shit CCP would look with tight skinny jeans (pretty much denim leggings). Now that I've moved away from skinny jeans/slim look altogether, when I finally got my hands on the guidis I've always wanted.. I can't help but felt short.. especially after owning a pair Avantindietros.

I know this may sound pathetic, but if you remember, I bought that pair of Avantins out of impulse just because I couldn't get my hands on the guidis I wanted. I wasn't even crazy about them until I handled them myself. It really was an eye opener.

@ rob - I guess you can gather my thoughts from just reading that ;p

yes, i think i share the same sentiment with ya. never a big fan of ccp, until i actually learn about them. its not just about looking great anymore, it's about the label pushing the industrial aspect of it, if that make sense.

still holding my avantins .., in fact i feel like getting another pair despite knowing i will never wear them. blaah.. better not think about it when i feel like selling one right now.

Hah I feel like an idiot D ;p I guess since then I've developed more appreciation for Altieri, Amadei, and CCP altogether.

sorry man I didn't mean to make any assumptions :o, was just kinda going off what we discussed a while back but it's definitely a good thing that your tastes have evolved. while I appreciate the works of ccp, ma+, etc. I guess I can distance myself from wanting to purchase it as it doesn't really fit in with my own style or how I perceive my style will progress in the future. by all means if they're what you really want (and you've got the cash of course) then cop away, no doubt that they're absolutely incredible boots.

no slim boots recommendations for me to wear when suited up? guess derbies are the more appropriate choice anyway... hopefully I can visit a country that has stores that stock shoes from a variety of brand some time in the near future, selection here in shit and buying online is always a crap shoot especially with the lesser discussed labels (got incredibly lucky with the sizing of my patent givenchy derbies, would like a second pair of good derbies for work duties though).