What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

sigh,again...

remember that huge hat we builded at my work?i promised to post updates upon completing,so here you go:

5209094775_f2dd854410_z.jpg

after welding every single bit together it disassembled,the segments are waiting to be filled with styrofoam.

5209693856_3391550186_z.jpg

5209093991_2bf70b8c42_z.jpg

next step is to spray some special foam on it,makes the styro all sturdy

5209093177_c7a40c8a86_z.jpg

Tim and Olli still debating about the way to go,no wonder the coating took ages...

5209715626_0147295b36_z.jpg

segments are coming back together

5209116687_3415b9b4e6_z.jpg

now the dusty bit:lots of filling and sanding.thank god,i am a metal slut.

5209116949_b3173b2d59_z.jpg

inside we see my workmates,assembling the rigs for hanging and illuminating

5209117207_79cdeaa11c_z.jpg

nearly done.now it all has to be disassembled again to be trucked to the theater in Berlin where a the whole hat will be covered in black carpet.

5209715370_ca395a984e_z.jpg

yesterday was also our two-yearly welding test.my colleague Lars and me had to weld certain examples,which were extensive examined. we both were really surprised to pass it at the first try.

5210574155_c8a7ebac62_z.jpg

stopover to see a friend who runs a kiosk in a trainstation before eventually heading home.

Not done all that much. Dressed warm and cosy and realized in disgust that I should have moved the garden furnitore to the basement before the snow hit.

IMG_0471.jpg

Went to town and decided everything was so grey and depressing that I needed something to warm me.

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

Note how you get two-chamber bags with roast chestnuts here so you don't litter with the shells.

IMG_0496.jpg

Another little something to brighten my day....

IMG_0499.jpg

its been a while, so heres a bit of an update. don't get too much free time these days but when i do, i enjoy doing simple things.

been quite some time since i actually went out to eat decent japanese food back at home. sure, there are lots of places to go to but i always like trying new places to see what surprises they bring.

R1002262.jpg

playing around with the bnw high contrast setting on my camera. don't think i can get it right. seems wonky but here i am at a new japanese restuarant the significant other recommended.

R1002263.jpg

its a japanese restaurant that serves very good yakitori or japanese grill. here is the chef preparing some skewered meat sicks. the thing i like about this place is that you dont leave smelling like you went to a BBQ party. whatever smoke sucking machine they have, its fantastic and it works.

R1002267.jpg

she ordered the sashimi-don set which was pretty worth it for 20SGD (15USD?). the sashimi was fresh though it wasn't thick enough but it was still good.

R1002268.jpg

comes with toufu, sashimi-don, ramen, pickles, watermelon. value for money!

R1002270.jpg

i got the yakitori set which was 13SGD (10USD). it was pretty fantastic, i like how the meat was grilled to perfection. we also ordered ox tongue which we love. this was by far one of the best ones i have ever tried. wasn't too tough to chew on. loved it.

R1002273.jpg

after that, while waiting for her to get her hair done, i ventured out on my own to kinokuniya for japanese magazines. supreme for you riff? :D

R1002274.jpg

a little something for everybody.

R1002275.jpg

who doesn't love a little denim magazine?

R1002276.jpg

almost bought this copy but glad i didn't since im trying really hard to save for a trip when im done with school, so yeah. but it made great browsing material.

R1002278.jpg

so we met a couple of friends after that where we headed down to a party to support a friend who was doing a custom for g-shock. didn't get pictures there since the weather was overwhelmingly hot/humid. free drinks, who doesn't like?

R1002312.jpg

by the time things were done, it was probably past midnight already, so why not head out for supper. thing i love about being in singapore is that you can almost pretty easily find good food way late at night. tried this teochew porridge thing near my place and it was really fantastic. you basically order dishes to go with watered down rice. not too oily and something light before bedtime.

R1002311.jpg

oh but of course me being me, i never end up having light meals. ordered 5 dishes, one not pictured. clockwise from left (pig intestines, tiny clam thing, egg with salted vegetable thing or what we call chai por, salted vegetables). also ordered braised nuts but not pictured. if you think that eating pig intestines is really gross, yes it sounds pretty bad but not half as bad as what you think! well after that great meal, it was home sweet home where i knocked myself out and drifted off to sleep.

good night superfuture!

^QFT, although i could live without pig guts...

R1002276.jpg

almost bought this copy but glad i didn't since im trying really hard to save for a trip when im done with school, so yeah. but it made great browsing material.

Smart move. I bought it and it's been giving me ideas...

Z- tough one. you have to keep shooting and keep pushing yourself. One thing I love about photography is how challenging it is. It never ends.

Went hiking on thanksgiving with my brothers and my buddy James. Black Star canyon in orange county. you just have to drive 15 minutes out of the city to get lost out in nature. Stories of a Native-American slaughter and mining disaster are common in this area. Many believe that there is a high level of paranormal activity and that Black star is haunted. hooded figures and strange sounds have been heard at night. Also, the local are not too friendly and they have been known to try to run people off the land. During the day, this is a beautiful area and makes for an awesome hike.

Starts off with a long paved road

IMG_2942.jpg

With my 2 brothers

IMG_2955.jpg

before you know it, beauty surrounds you

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

There are signs of civilization a long the way

IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

R1002276.jpg

fill your boots then mate - http://www.mediafire.com/?a5t6i8gju5kb583

courtesy of this lad - http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/member.php?u=9555

find photography challenging, give painting a try

^^Lol I was kidding about that! Just joking with Ed.

Fantastic place and pics dude! I'm jealous, its effing cold here...

Cold and snowy morning at the farm. Cleaning out some greenhouses and dumping the root bound potting soil in the woods.

IMG_1688b6789.jpg

B found out the same shelter we got levi from is getting a few more dogs that had their stay time run out down south.

IMG_1674bg521.jpg

Our guy went for a ride.

DSC008796.jpg

Turns out a few was actually 34 pups from Alabama.

DSC0075648.jpg

DSC00b995769.jpg

DSC006776.jpg

DSC00123412.jpg

DSC00908111.jpg

DSC0088849.jpg

Going to be hard not to get levi a brother/sister or two(or three).

IMG_1670b6543.jpg

Sleepyhead on the way home using my 710s as a pillow.

Seeing dogs or puppies in tiny cages aggravates the hell out of me...please, Farmer, take them all...and if not, give that little yellow fellow a home, would you ???

Ha trust me if we could take them all in we would. I feel the same way about seeing them all couped up in cages. Awful looking at the the older ones (a lot of them already have kennel back). Makes you wonder what they have been through. Although in this case these guys are lucky to be in those cages considering the alternative. We're going to go back tomorrow and walk as many as we can. Sneaking in those good treats.

Farmer I admire what you do for the dogs, but I would just want to bring them all home. I absolutely love dogs, but my wife doesnt feel the same way.

Max Power Flensburg looks amazing, I'm definitely heading back to Germany for a visit next year. Dont suppose Flensburg is anywhere near Hamburg is it?