What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

thanks guys. if you want to see more, in higher res, there's a flash gallery set up here. will have more in the future. no idea how well the film will turn out. probably poorly, but it's being submitted for sundance. if it doesn't make it, oh well, it was fun shooting and good experience. if it does, hey, that's something cool for the resumé.

edit: gah, something happened last night when i was uploading so the gallery isn't working. will be up in a bit.

My jeans and I were bored today so basically random wanderings.

IMG_0169.jpg

started off with a coffee. I love roll up the rim. I hope I actually win this year.

IMG_0170.jpg

Stan hopes I win this year too.

IMG_0171.jpg

Why not.

IMG_0172.jpg

My city mostly sucks. This bridge is the only cool thing about it.

IMG_0173.jpg

Then I found a converge Jane Doe face on a post.

Today we just walked around town a bit.

Got up this morning and went to Sage Bakehouse for breakfast. Cool place a couple blocks from my casita. Best bread in NM from what I have found.

I had a Ham and Gruyere Tart

Sarah had a Blueberry Muffin and a Mocha

IMGP0005-3.jpg

IMGP0001-6.jpg

IMGP0002-6.jpg

IMGP0003-5.jpg

Ended up walking down to the plaza and popped in to La Boca for a late lunch. The place was nearly empty, but the chef/owner was in the kitchen and they were open. We just had sandwiches, but this place can pump out a fantastic 5-6 course tasting menu at night... and has fantastic tapas for both lunch and dinner. Killer wine/port/sherry list too.

I had a Lamb Kefta on Flatbread with Greens Salad and Pickled Cucumbers and Onions

Sarah had a Cubano Sandwich with Greens.

IMGP0048-1.jpg

IMGP0049-1.jpg

IMGP0051.jpg

IMGP0052.jpg

IMGP0055.jpg

IMGP0058.jpg

flew into one of our regional offices and staying at one of the apartments in the shot below. that's my morning walk to the office from where i'm shooting.

4406986665_500134af89.jpg

set up in the small conference room preparing for a presentation:

4406986743_c5f7799074.jpg

highlight of my day - my boots and denim jacket arrived!!

4407754794_59849d91be.jpg

4406986933_79461ab701.jpg

lowlight of my day - had to fire someone... =(

tomorrow should be better day since it's friday!!

Today I was on my way home from work, and liked the sunset. so i took some pics...these look like shit with the low flickr upload resolution..but you get the idea.

4407915744_632d7c4d7f.jpg

4407149361_3c8457ee29.jpg

4407916372_c35075bb43.jpg

and here's what I was rockin'

4407149901_6b626f5d37.jpg

yup.

i'm poor, so i can't upgrade past where i'm at. which sucks cuz i'm ready. anyways. I shoot on a Canon T1i with standard 18-55mm + UV haze always attached. polarizer when necessary. I also have a 55-250 telephoto that I don't use much, but enjoy when needed. next for me is a Sigma 30mm 1.4f prime and a Tamron 10-24mm super wide, best budget buys, and lenses that I need. Then i'm set for quite a while.

oh, and i'm on the weird side of things, I edit with Aperture 3 instead of Photoshop...

flew into one of our regional offices and staying at one of the apartments in the shot below. that's my morning walk to the office from where i'm shooting.

4406986665_500134af89.jpg

set up in the small conference room preparing for a presentation:

4406986743_c5f7799074.jpg

highlight of my day - my boots and denim jacket arrived!!

4407754794_59849d91be.jpg

4406986933_79461ab701.jpg

lowlight of my day - had to fire someone... =(

tomorrow should be better day since it's friday!!

what are you? the dude from Up In The Air?

Then I changed into my MFSC jeans for some ice skating at my daughter's birthday party. Fun times, except for taking breaks to watch the men's team lose the gold medal game :( What a game, though!

Sorry, it was bound to happen. When it comes to sports we Canadians are not the best at much... but hockey and curling... it's in our blood.

Saturday morning is Farmers Market. Today I took my APC Petit Standards with me.

The market is smaller in the winter, but in the summer there are about a hundred stalls outside in addition to the main hall.

IMGP0013.jpg

IMGP0001.jpg

Locally made and hand dyed yarns

IMGP0002.jpg

We bought some arugula and carrots here

IMGP0003.jpg

This feta is amazing, really wonderful. The gouda is quite nice too. I bought some feta.

IMGP0004.jpg

I bought some bread here. Sarah bought a cookie.

IMGP0005.jpg

We bought some apple cider here. The apple supply is diminishing here...

IMGP0007.jpg

The guy on the left is one of Sarah's professors at a rather prestigious college... never woulda guessed it.

IMGP0008.jpg

This garlic/arugula "flat" bread was good. We bought a loaf.

IMGP0009.jpg

I got some heirloom tomatoes to use in an insalata caprese.

IMGP0010.jpg

I don't have pictures, but we also bought some home made tamales and took them home for lunch.

I would post pics of me in my jeans, but those can be found in the denim version of WAYWT.