video games ruined my life

DüM

so... D3 anyone?

i'm bit torn.

I don't have as much time as I did in my youth anymore, and just don't see it worth buying it i can dedicate sometime to play.

bro picked up FFXIII, which i wanted for a long time since i love the series, but i haven't even touched it since it was bought 2 weeks ago now. that and i don;t have the same gaming attitude as i did before.

last game I was really into was CS...back in university where i would scream in the mic during scrims etc.

it's not the same anymore :(

i really appreciate and envy all you dudes who still enjoy gaming.

edit:

I also wanted to pickup a vita as it is more convenient and applicable for myself so thanks for the feedback ^

Edited by gettoasty

Guest Methimphibian

I've been thinking about buying a Vita, but you can't play anything other than turn-based games over 3g. Kinda kills it for me, no wi-fi in my office.

remember the 3G network does notsupport multiplayer gaming, MP requires a wifi connection. The only thing the 3G does is let you browse the internet. There is also no internal memory, so memory cards are sold seperately and are very pricey. The 3G model includes a 8gb memory card though. While the vita is basically a ps3 on the go, i think it's way too expensive just to get a system + game + memory card. most folks seem to just be waiting for the holidays and a possible price drop if sales continue slumping.

Ordering a new PC next week that will actually be capable of playing modern games. Which games should I source "demo's" of in anticipation of this event? I have an Xbox already, but since I don't like multiplayer much I'm going to get MW, BF etc, and Skyrim because I'd like to mess about with mods/console commands after having played it nearly to death on 360.

so... D3 anyone?

i'm bit torn.

I don't have as much time as I did in my youth anymore, and just don't see it worth buying it i can dedicate sometime to play.

bro picked up FFXIII, which i wanted for a long time since i love the series, but i haven't even touched it since it was bought 2 weeks ago now. that and i don;t have the same gaming attitude as i did before.

last game I was really into was CS...back in university where i would scream in the mic during scrims etc.

it's not the same anymore :(

i really appreciate and envy all you dudes who still enjoy gaming.

edit:

I also wanted to pickup a vita as it is more convenient and applicable for myself so thanks for the feedback ^

friendships were broken over d2 in elementary school. i remember one kid tryna trade his fruit by the foot for an soj and getting burned.

can't not buy d3

^very cool gaming experience. after a couple playthroughs i eventually started to figure out the whole "story" within the murals and then understood/appreciated the game even more. love games like this that throw you in there without explaining anything and leave it up to the player to figure out everything on their own

Edited by fallen angels

^very cool gaming experience. after a couple playthroughs i eventually started to figure out the whole "story" within the murals and then understood/appreciated the game even more. love games like this that throw you in there without explaining anything and leave it up to the player to figure out everything on their own

yeah i only had the chance to play through once (very stoned) but the story that i shared with my companion (aka story that described our experiences according to my stoned mind) was so special, i'm really excited to play through again not just to discover more and re-experience the visuals but to go through another unique narrative as well.

anyone with a ps3 should really pick this up

Edited by lotek01

haha the couple times i played through it i was blazed as well. makes it a better experience, as usual with most games. the murals i'm talking about are the ones that appear when you complete each level and meet the white cloak dude. it tells the story of where the red cloth came from, what happened after humans discovered it, and why you're here now.

• 2 weeks later...

got a dota 2 account to use (my friend's but he never uses steam at all)

some impressions so far

-graphics seem so lazy. look at magmus in hon vs sand king and the difference is huge. seems like a step backwards, everything reminds me of like myth or something.

-some really cool features i'd love to see in hon, auto bottling runes, items autocomplete even if you don't have inventory space

-auto attacks seem so wimpy, a lot of skills are like that too. all the knockups seem really half hearted

-no concede option is just dumb. please, please let me play for 50 mins 3v5.

anyways if anybody wants to play with me add my buddy's account bjames420 or cnuck i don't know how steam works lol. i'll be on for approx 3 hours once the gf leaves for work

If i have to go online to play single player games in next generation, I'm out

Had a blast playing Mass Effect 3, then the ending left a bad taste in my mouth. If ending DLC does come out (it will) I'll probably get it. Classic EA tactic. They're almost as scummy as Capcom now... Or is it the other way around