video games ruined my life

DüM

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone loved Dishonored but I wasn't feeling it.

I really love the Deus Ex franchise and world (and costume design, esp with Errolson involved).. but Square Enix has been doing some gross marketing stuff with the game and I just feel myself not being able to be excited about it anymore.

There was a lot of disappointment in that awful, "Augment your order," crap they tried to pull, which just got canceled yesterday. Everyone who will preorder, gets everything. 

anyone else not like the story in the first episode of Phantom Pain ? think the game is great but the story just didnt do it for me .... hope the second episode is better 

l o l you're in for a disappointment in episode 2 ... 

btw if you just care about story then you don't even have to do the repeat higher difficulty missions. Just do anything that's yellow. You'll see that episode 2 is insanely short. Episode 1 was basically everything lol.

l o l you're in for a disappointment in episode 2 ... 

btw if you just care about story then you don't even have to do the repeat higher difficulty missions. Just do anything that's yellow. You'll see that episode 2 is insanely short. Episode 1 was basically everything lol.

really ??  that sucks , like i said i really enjoy the gameplay but its no Snake Eater as far as story is concerned 

thanks for the tip on the yellow missions , think ill just do that 

Phantom Pain is the hugest disappointment I've ever had in a video game because I don't think I've ever been interest in anything this hyped up. 6 years since MGS4 and 1010 and all these review sites... such bullshit.

Gameplay is amazing but I don't feel like I'm playing a video game, i feel like I'm just playing a bunch of random missions in Big Boss' career all grouped together.

Wish I could return it...

I give phantom pain like a 6/10. Like everyone said gameplay is good but it's missing the over-the-top cinematics that the other MGSs had.

Still gonna check out MGO when it drops this Tuesday

Then imma wait for Dark Souls 3 next year it seems

I'm on the flip side of you, I don't care for all the pseudo story that makes no sense anyways. Moment to moment gameplay is where it shines. I'm picking up the Uncharted remaster this week and that's all until Fallout.

When I played on my PSP I remember I fucking loved monster hunter freedom... anyone else play that?

xchen, I see what you mean, but isn't a super confusing story kind of part of MGS? I only got into at MGS4 though.

I've just never really played a game where after one mission/scenario I was like "ok fuck that's enough of this shit" and turned it off... I can come back to it later but I can never really do more than 1 mission in a setting. That's super weird to me, usually when I used to get a new game I'd play that shit for like 8 hours straight... maybe I'm just getting older?

Can still play hours of RE4 even after beating that damn game like 20 times though! Same thing with RE5 actually, by the time that came out I was super pumped and just thought it sucked in comparison, I didn't even beat it once.

Fun for what it is. I think its deceiving to call it an FPS game... seeing how playing in 3rd person gives such a massive advantage. Using ADS puts you at a big disadvantage too -- twitchy arcade shooter describes it better.

There def needs to be some rebalancing though, if you're half decent at shooters this game is way too easy. Ammo clips + reload easy to abuse, health regen is fast, shields make you pretty much unkillable. At least one of those things needs a big nerf. I found myself with 40+ kills every game and single digit deaths. Ended the beta with a 2.5kda and 80% win rate

Edited by Method

Yeah, Battlefront is pretty cool. I heard that its not supposed to be aimed at "hardcore" fps geeks. A very "easy" game. That's good and all, but I remembered having a blast with the Halo 5 beta so I'll be holding out for that game. Please, no launch issues this year...

I'm doing good with MGSV. I have no idea why at least three of my men in the medical division keep fighting and ending up in the sickbay, tho. Once they've recovered, another two or three would get into it and my medic division's level would go up and down. Annoying.

Also, D-Dog makes finding and rescuing prisoners like 10x easier. Finding him early in the game ftw

Yeah Battlefront as a FPS wouldn't all that much fun. Personal shield + jetpack + health regen makes it a little ridiculous. The dropzone level I didn't think was all that much fun. 

I think it really comes into its own on a level like Hoth, where its more of an objective based battle than a skill-based shooter. Working together as the rebels to hold uplinks and take out the walker is cool, and wiping out rebels in AT-ATs or AT-STs feels pretty good. Air combat is neat, but pretty one-dimensional.

Eh, Ill probably buy it and see how it turns out. There are definitely a ton of tweaks that need to be made, but seems fun enough to warrant buying. I dont know if I can stand to buy another CoD, so this can fill that void.

tumblr_nvxagcYQsU1sikueao2_r1_540.gif

This is my most anticipated game of ALL TIME (including The Witness)

If you guys haven't heard of this yet, keep an eye out come Feb. There's some demo footage out there but essentially it's a narrative walking sim where you play as a fire lookout in the Wyoming in 1989 during the wildfire epidemic. Your only contact with other humans is your walkie talkie which connects you to your supervisor Delilah.

It's a murder mystery from guys involved in the Walking Dead from Telltale, Double Fine, and Irrational (Bioshock Infinite), Olly Moss is the art director.