video games ruined my life

DüM

wow, lots of people on neogaf/amazon/sony forums are saying there are a huge amount of bricked doa units, systems with bent hdmi ports or noisy disc drives. i don't even know why people bother with launch systems anymore, they are always buggy as fuck.

Edited by conqueror

wow, lots of people on neogaf/amazon/sony forums are saying there are a huge amount of bricked doa units, systems with bent hdmi ports or noisy disc drives. i don't even know why people bother with launch systems anymore, they are always buggy as fuck.

that definitely sucks, i think it's a small percentage compared to the over 1 million sold though, no one on my PSN list has had any problems including myself, although Battlefield 4 is buggy as fuck (it crashes a lot) which i read is very prevalent not only on PS4 but the PC version as well.

i was gonna cop yesterday til i heard about the problems

might cop next week, even tho space sims like that look complicated as fack

It's more that the devs really don't know how to make an intuitive UI and that makes the in-game systems more complicated than they actually are. I'm stuck in a "tutorial" campaign mission 4 hours in because the AI is being retarded and mission objectives don't explain shit. That being said this is my first X game and I've read that this is usually the case with every X game lol. It is strangely fun to figure out stuff on your own after modern games made it standard to spoonfeed the player on how the game works. I'd prob wait til modders fix this shit before spending money on it or pirate it if you just want to dick around.

JexW6xU.jpg

Got PS4 on launch day. I have to agree on bf4 being buggy. Crashing here and there. No corrupt save files, tho

Thank goodness my ps4 wasn't bricked. Sorry for the people who got theirs with noisy disc drives, messed up hdmi ports, etc.

I hate my ISP. Network speed has been going idle for like a month now

Edited by PRC.

I'm not surprised, considering they sold a million of them in 24 hours in NA alone. A standard failure rate of 3% would be 30000 angry, early-adopting gaming nerds ready to jump on twitter and facebook to vent their outrage at everyone who'll listen.

i got need for speed. more like most wanted in a good way being able to switch between sides but more socially integrated like the last one with easydrive suggesting events. the points acquired from racing and escaping pursuits are used to upgrade/purchase cars which is better than nothing like in the last one.

I am extremely curious to see where videogame controls head. The Oculus rift + omni-directional treadmill that was recently announced (cost $500-ish for the treadmill) follows in the vein of Ready Player One, which is a fun read. Its extremely interesting to see the negative backlash towards the idea of having to run in real life to run in a game, saying how you would have to run marathons to play one game of Battlefield, etc. I personally don't think the system is viable but the idea of exercising while you play videogames is nothing new. There is a small minority of people who already build treadmill rigs to they can game and exercise simultaneously. You can lose serious weight doing this, which a lot of gamers could do with, and it seems unlikely that exercise would ever become a requirement in gaming. It seems much more likely to see it as an additional option to immerse players in a game. Imagine a horror game with this mechanic, for example, where footstep pressure on in game "creaky floorboards" could alert a pursuer downstairs.

Apparently development continues on a grid (?) that sits on top of your head and can translate thought into movement on your computer screen, which could wreck competitive FPS competition as we have known it for nearly 2 decades. No longer a point and shoot adventure, now a think and shoot adventure. As a Counter Strike and TF2 player this development is crazy to me. Controller<Keyboard/Mouse<Instantaneous Thought Shots.