video games ruined my life

DüM

Mount and Blade Warband

fuckin loved this game but played it on a previous OS version/hard drive and now i can't find any evidence of my old account or serial number to play it again and it seems their support site is down so i can't even ask them about tracking down my account/serial. :S

really loved the combat system and how skill-based it was. i used to go into multiplayer servers dedicated to just one on one dueling and it was awesome how epic the fights could be and how everyone had their own style. only other game i've seen with really deep skill-based combat like that and duel-only servers was jedi academy.

Playing Dark Souls in preparation for Dark Souls II next month.

Accidentally aggro'd the blacksmith at Undead Parish and he followed me into the Titanite Demon fight and got bodied. Been stuck playing through the game with only being able to do +5 on gear upgrades LOL.

finally found my warband key. so happy. i'd tried to recover it a couple times before but taleworlds' support is so bad i just gave up. turns out i registered it with an email address i had with a domain name i no longer own. totally forgot about that possibility and luckily i had the email with the serial saved with a pop mail client on a mac i rarely use anymore. gonna start a fresh character and play it again.

Since we are somewhat on the topic of Dark Souls.

Shame on me for not having played it yet, but I own Dark Souls (Prepare to Die Edition) for PC. I have been too scared to play it as I fear that I may break everything in my room out of frustration with the bosses, etc.  I have been advised not to play it without a gamepad, as it was a terrible port.  I think gamepads are for sissies as I am PC Master Race... HOWEVER... for those that have played this on the PC, what are your thoughts?  I may just suck it up and buy an adapter for a gamepad, but I'd rather not.

Edited by AngularDeath

Buy a ps3 controller and then get ds3 tool (free program) so you can use your controller on your computer. It's worth it 100%. As well the game isn't that frustrating really, it's kind of overexaggerated. It's one of my top five favorite recent games for sure, it's worth the effort.