edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

nvm people are saying it's a XR-E Q5, not an R2 (mine doesnt have R2 etched on it, so probably). however i would think the Q5 would at least be SOMEWHERE close to the PD20, which is an XP-E Q5 also. dah well

nitecore ez123 on the way.

took branespload's suggestion, my first EDC flashlight :)

lol that was my suggestion maybe a few months ago

the 4sevens mini 123 is better than the ez123

the ez123 isnt a bad light, just not sure about its reliability after all of the EZ lights i've handled (spring fubars on all of them)

hopefully urs works out for u

hey guys. looking for a travel wallet that can hold my passport and a couple other items and is a little more "sturdy" than just a regular sleeve. the one i have now isnt cutting it and my passport has seen better days. would a maxpedition EDC work? or maybe the maratac diplomat pocket organizer?

TIA

Both would be pretty good options. Maxpedition stuff holds up pretty well.

Speaking of which, I just got a new backpack. The Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II

dsc0274m.jpg

Haven't gotten a real chance to use it yet but I'm going to be using this pack for 2 weeks straight through Hong Kong, Japan, and Nepal.

Also copped a titanium spork from REI for $1.79 and two pocket can openers for $1.50

tips on getting through airport security with no-fly edc items?

I've gotten 2 knives confiscated at security, a benchmade nimravus and a sebenza.

There is a reason they don't allow it through. Why risk the hassle when you could just put it in checked luggage? I'm sure you'll get on just fine without a knife for 8 hours or so. Anything besides a knife should be allowed but somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

lol. you tried to carry a knife onboard? that's kinda fail. you would've had better luck carrying a knife made of carbon fiber, frn, or g10

I had left them in my carry-on at the time :(

I have some polymer knives but don't really see the point in bringing a knife on a plane. Not to mention what would happen if I got caught with it...

What would I possibly need a knife for on a plane? It's not like those sky mall magazines are wrapped in plastic...

tips on getting through airport security with no-fly edc items?

I'm curious if i'd be able to get me Smith & Wesson tactial pen through security as it looks pretty gnarly with the spike. Probably getting something less aggressive when I have funds.

I have however gotten my Surefire E2D Defender on board. I got asked why I needed a flashlight, and said if there was an emergency I wanted to be able to see where the exits were.

CIA letter opener mayne, it's not a knife, for letters and shit on the plane.

Pretty sure they'd take note of the pen.. Most airports flag all sorts of kubatons, no matter how blunt they appear.

kubotans they should flag. writing instruments however, they shouldn't. calmly let them know it's a pen and if they're still skeptical have them open it and make sure it writes. everything should check out ok that way.

but yea i wouldnt even bother with this, i'd leave all the no-go gear at home