edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

LEDs are more efficient relative to the amount of light they put out compared to incandescent bulbs, IIRC. You might want to check out the Surefire E1B instead of the E1L. There are plenty of small, bright, good quality 1x CR123 cell lights other than Surefire, though. :o

I haven't personally, but check this out:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=263779

Some guy's Fenix clip fell off or something, he asked Fenix for a replacement and they brushed him off, as did several other retailers. FenixOutfitters spotted this and offered to send him a replacement clip and I think they gave him a free LD01 w/ clip or something to use in the meantime.

edit:

Well Fenix in China set me up with a very nice dealer out here in the U.S., which was Fenixoutfitters. So I sent them a email. Daniel and Zane went out of their way to take care of me. They quickly replied to me and told me that they were out of stock of the PD20+ clips and he would give me a clip off a new PD20+, but he was also out of stock on those too. These guys sent me a brand new Fenix LD10 , at no charge, so I could have a usable flashlight with a clip, until they got a shipment of clips or PD20+s in. They sent me tracking info and also sent it Priority mail! I could not believe the GREAT CS!!! After about a week, they sent me the clip at no charge, again sending tracking info and Priority mail, and they also threw in a extra goodie!!! A Fenix diffuser cap! Fenix Outfitters are for sure my #1 GO-TO guys now! WOW!! Hats off to Daniel and Zane over at Fenixoutfitters!

From the Reuters Photo Blog

"A long, long time ago I was a gear fiend. I had to have all the toys and they had to be dragged around with me on every assignment. A backpack the size of a refrigerator stuffed with lenses, filters, tripods and gadgets that would never see the light of day…. All just in case. "

http://blogs.reuters.com/photo/2010/04/09/less-is-more-2/

Gear.jpg

I hate when that happens.. My camera can only autofocus and it tends to focus on things further in the background than in the foreground when I take macro shots. But I would assume if it's on a photo blog that he knows what to do / has manual focus??

iono. interesting tho.. i like minimal carry but i think i like having gadgets even more :o

there is usually a cycle tho -- you accumulate lots of gear and tend to over carry until you get bored and long for minimalism, then you start selling off or gifting til you're left with your best/favorite.. and the cycle starts over.

The gf got me this for my birthday and found a happy home in my edc:

mg1802.jpg

its too big and too heavy for pocket carry but i am in the process of getting a belt holder made for it.

mg1803.jpg

my only problem with it is those dinky scissors but they work.

Those flat heads are so thick that they can double as a pry bar without me worrying about bending or snapping.

OH and also the happy owner of:

mg1806.jpg

i now just have to find a way of hiding this somewhere on my person...

I hate when that happens.. My camera can only autofocus and it tends to focus on things further in the background than in the foreground when I take macro shots. But I would assume if it's on a photo blog that he knows what to do / has manual focus??

on the blog he mentions hes gear, a couple primes and a 16-35. on a FF like a 5d mk2 thats really wide..

I just noticed you got the SD 780is. I love mine. The HD feature is a good plus, managed to semi covertly film my proposal to my fiance with it..but anyway!

i don't think the sog would be that much slimmer than the persistence... in fact, i think the access card would be wider in profile than the persistence. i don't know the specs, but it looks like it. you can check out the bm940 for ultra slim/compactness. the blade is about 3.5" i think, and that's a little bigger than the persistence.

why do you want to upgrade from the persistence?

moved out to the bahamas (freeport) for medical school

fairly safe area but im on campus a lot late at night so i figured i needed to update my edc...

just a little

going with the strider DB as my primary self defense blade. I keep it mounted upside down using a tek lock on my TAD Gear F.A.S.T pack

i have it mounted for cross draw if needed in an emergency situation. It is very very low key, concealable but in plain sight, and no one even notices its there

i keep a strider SMF in right front side pocket, also have my surefire e1b backup light with me at all times and also a emergency medical kit. Nothing too fancy, just always keeping my situational awareness when walking

had to leave my ti military back in the states because the blade is 4 inches cutting length :-/

i don't think the sog would be that much slimmer than the persistence... in fact, i think the access card would be wider in profile than the persistence. i don't know the specs, but it looks like it. you can check out the bm940 for ultra slim/compactness. the blade is about 3.5" i think, and that's a little bigger than the persistence.

why do you want to upgrade from the persistence?

I want something with easier deployment, I have small thumbs ahah I thought the arc lock might compensate for that and generally I want something more descrete. So something smaller in profile too. I saw some guys had the Cricket but I don't really like the blade shape.

I want something with easier deployment, I have small thumbs ahah I thought the arc lock might compensate for that and generally I want something more descrete. So something smaller in profile too. I saw some guys had the Cricket but I don't really like the blade shape.

the Spin is sort of like the cricket but with a straight blade edge :/ could try that