edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Excuse me if this has already been posting..

But check it out, now this thread is getting press from Eugene Kan:

http://eugenekan.com/blog/2010/01/23/errr-day-carry/

who is eugene kan

He's one of the main writers/editors for Hypebeast, but beyond that has one of the most well written blogs and has a very firm grasp of reality in a world where he's surrounded by fashion and streetwear brands, he currently lives in Hong Kong..

Tried to do a vid like one of kenneth's, but my only camera that does video won't take SDHC cards.. Also forgot half of my new stuff in my apartment, so here's pics and thoughts on some of my latest edc purchases

First is a Marathon watch from countycomm. Seriously, this is probably the cheapest watch that I own, but easily my favourite. This is the field watch with date.

DSC_0015.jpg

I really wish they made it in the automatic version, as I love the "timelessness" idea of an auto, and the SAR models are WAY too big for my tiny wrists. This design is much more simple and understated, and also doesn't look goofy on me. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who's looking for a good, cheap watch that can take a beating and still manage to look cool. I'm literally blown away at how bright those tritium tubes are, glowing to the point of actually shooting a green beam of light on my bedsheets at night.

Next is a custom bail-out knife from Mike Snody.

DSC_0017.jpg

That thing is sharp as hell, chisel grind definitely makes sense now. Nothing else I own even comes close to this. I was also surprised by how small it is, you don't really get that feeling from looking at most pics, but it's roughly the size of a sog flash 1. Here's a pics showing its relative size in my hand (sup selfedge) and the raw side of the blade.

DSC_0020.jpg

Really nice knife and fits surprisingly well in my pocket even with the sheath for edc carry. I'm quite happy with the purchase

I'll post the rest of my order when I get back to my apartment later tonight. Also got another custom knife that should arrive by the end of this week.. this is quickly turning into an addiction :o

Quick question for batteries.

The 123As available on 4Seven are going for 11CAD a pop... Are they really that good? I've noticed they were 3.7V and I've found Surefire ones for 2.10CAD and they are 3V.

Any one use the surefires?

4sevens primaries (4sevens branded) are essentially the same as the Surefire ones, non-rechargable, 3V, longer runtime than rechargables.

3.7V are the "AW" brand RCR123as, the rechargable type using li-ion chemistry. shorter runtimes.

the primaries are much cheaper than the rechargables.

and don't worry about surefires, they are considered the standard of primary batteries

so I got my quark mini 123 titanium (neutral white) in the mail friday, love it, but I also was wondering about batteries.

I was considering buying two rechargeable cr123a's (600mAh) and a charger for €30, but the 4seven branded non-rechargeable cr123a's (1600mAh) are only $19 (€ for a 10-pack + free shipping worldwide, so it's kinda pointless to get rechargeable battery's I guess, specially if the normal ones are longer lasting.

I also found non-rechargeable Duracell cr123a's in a local webshop but they are like €3 a piece and Varta's are even €5,50 a piece, could these be so much better that the price is justified?

any recommendations?

^ duracell doesn't necessarily make better cr123as, the standard i believe is surefire which are rebrands of either panasonic or sanyo (i forget :|)

but I would advise you to steer away from rechargables if you got the neutral version in titanium for reasons I explain in my video review.. 4sevens batteries and surefires are good, I'd go with those.

I'll stick to the 4seven non-rechargeables then, this seems to be the first time ever that the cheapest solution is also the best one... :D

thanks for the heads up branespload

I'll stick to the 4seven non-rechargeables then, this seems to be the first time ever that the cheapest solution is also the best one... :D

thanks for the heads up branespload

eep, just double checked my sources and apparently duracell and surefire are top tier USA made. however the review states that 4sevens are almost identical but show some discrepancies, but I doubt it should be a problem given their price:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=235213

You can get 12 surefires for $21. (1.75 a piece)

4sevens are $19 for 10 (1.90 a piece)

I'll use my surefires and know they're made in USA, and save some money too :)

I also recently found out that Trijicon and EoTech are both about 45 minutes from where I live. Hopefully I get to take a tour soon if they offer them.

eep, just double checked my sources and apparently duracell and surefire are top tier USA made. however the review states that 4sevens are almost identical but show some discrepancies, but I doubt it should be a problem given their price:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=235213

oh, thanks for that link :D

You can get 12 surefires for $21. (1.75 a piece)

4sevens are $19 for 10 (1.90 a piece)

I'll use my surefires and know they're made in USA, and save some money too :)

where to cop surefires? (with international shipping)

I can get duracells from an online shop in holland, but they sell at €3 a piece plus €10 shipping to Belgium, so that's quite insane...

the 4sevens are relatively easy for me to buy with the free shipping from 4sevens.com, I doubt I'll find the surefires or duracells with free shipping (to Belgium) anywhere...

Finally got camera charger, pic by girlfriend.

img0840kx.jpg

Porter Tanker Wallet

Leatherman Wave

Quark 123

Timex Camper

Opening Ceremony Keychain

Atwood Metwrench

UNM Rapewhistle

Supreme Bottle Opener

Rite in Rain Notebook

Diplomat Pocket Organizer (Sharbo X, Pilot Petit Fountain Pen, Field Notes Notebooks)

Headphone Case with ATH-EM7's and Ipod Nano

Some thoughts and reviews piece by piece.

Porter Tanker Wallet. Fairly large, but well laid out. Love the material, has a great hand to it. Coin pocket gets a ton of use, and helps me keep myself organized, far superior to having change jingling in whatever bag I'm using all day. Been taking a beating so far and surviving. Going to order a rein for it once I can get in contact with someone who can cut me a single piece leather rein.

Leatherman Wave. I use this daily at my job for popping open packages, breaking boxes down, and whatever else weird situations arise. Trying to nail down exactly what I use it for and see if a less bulky tool could do the job.

Timex Camper. Solid little timepiece, but something I want to replace in the near future. Saving up for something with a similar aesthetic but better build and larger face.

Quark 123. What hasn't been said about this yet? Absolutely incredible light in a small package. Use it riding my bike, or when I'm looking for street signs in a neighborhood I haven't been to.

Metwrench. Saved my ass numerous times in the past few weeks. Whether it's a friend offering to give me a ride home and being able to pop my front tire off in seconds, or having to adjust my chain tension, this thing is invaluable. Been dropping it left and right and nothing even close to a chip on it yet, not sure I would fuck with any of his Titanium stuff for this reason.

Diplomat Organizer. Combined with a few small notebooks I can go without a backpack 90% of the time now.

ATH-EM7. Awesome headphones. Incredible clarity and volume, with a very unique look. Have no problem wearing these with glasses and the breakaway cord is a nice thing to have when cycling.

^^ great EDC man, glad to hear you get use out of everything you carry. can't rep.

also 35percent and Tiro, remember that cpf8 applies 8% off + free ship to all orders on 4sevens.com, so you would get 8% off the batteries to bring them to $1.75 a piece, same as Surefire prices.

I'd still rather use USA made batteries with built-in-fault/short-circuit protection, even if I had to pay more for them. I also have about 35 surefire batteries on my shelf right now, so I don't think I'll need to be buying them anytime soon.

I'd still recommend Surefire batteries if you can get them.

4301287367_baf0e94705_o.jpg

Getting Closer to my ABE EDC.

4301287591_c22db1211b_o.jpg

Been carrying my SOG Access Card all weekend. Loving the how light it is but at the same time I wish it had more of a heavy feel. The paint also scratches off hella fast. I had to put my Embassy Pen in another pocket because the knurling was rubbing off the paint. But for $50, im ok with it.

anyone have any experience with this thing:

http://countycomm.com/picopry.htm

basically I just need it to open boxes at work when I misplaced my stanley knife again or open bottles when... well when drinking I guess :D

yo wildstyle, I guess this is what you meant by lum shot?

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Tried my best to show the effect as accurately as possible. Actually, if you off the lights, you won't see that glow on other surfaces right away, but once your eyes get used to the darkness it's probably even more visible than that.

Still, it gives you a pretty good idea of the overall brightness I think.

anthonyhong: re: capsule for your tea leaves

if you're looking for something non-metal, countycomm makes this $2 tube-

TUBEVAULT10LARGE.JPG a little large but hey, extra tea is never a bad thing.

or extra whiskey

TUBEVAULT2LARGE.JPG

http://countycomm.com/tubevault.htm

might make smuggling booze into an overpriced concert a little more interesting.