edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

CountryComm.com $28

aaapolish4small.jpg

LED Type: Cree 7090-XP-E Q5 with a life span up to 50,000 hours. The reflector is aluminum alloy. Flashlight body is made 300 grade stainless. The lens has been treated with a AR (Anti-Reflective) coating. Its proprietary circuit design features reverse polarity protection and runs off of one AAA battery that provides 3 levels of brightness (Medium/Low/High).

CountryComm.com $28

aaapolish4small.jpg

LED Type: Cree 7090-XP-E Q5 with a life span up to 50,000 hours. The reflector is aluminum alloy. Flashlight body is made 300 grade stainless. The lens has been treated with a AR (Anti-Reflective) coating. Its proprietary circuit design features reverse polarity protection and runs off of one AAA battery that provides 3 levels of brightness (Medium/Low/High).

build quality on these is shady, some people have dropped theirs and the head snapped off due to poor machining/design

maratac was the AAA champ for a while, probably still is for many due to the price point, but the shipping is rape. ITP EOS A3 line is probably identical in specs/build/price, comes in more colors tho (not SS or polish SS tho)

i think 4sevens has them beat spec/tech wise with the Preon I.

^ i had it, it's good, a little too small for my taste or not grippy enough or something.. the problem w/ EZ series is the twist of the head is determined by how good your spring or foam is. i overtwisted on a low battery thinking it was still in low (just not enough juice to put out high, thats all) and ended up crushing the spring, had to return it to 4sevens (theyre giving me a refund tho, awesome)

but for $20.80 you can't go wrong, other than not having batteries.

got my prybaby today

a little ambivalent tbh

been wandering around looking for things to pry but no dice

was kinda expecting it to entertain me a bit more than it does

we'll see how carrying it around for a week goes...

did some knife window-shopping downtown today

amazed how small the spyderco bug is... really f'ing small

like this [......................]

for stabbing smurfs, i guess?

a lot of the CRKT (KISS, for example) are a LOT smaller than they look on my 'puter

also shocked at how little a LM squirt is IRL

i don't really NEED anything else right now though

maybe start a BOB or get like, demolition tools

begin preparing for zombie assault

or uh, nuclear fallout

i did order a lifehammer from amazon to mount in the car

but yeah...

maybe time to get an uzi

the handgun in a shoebox is not likely to even stun a zombie

maybe start a BOB or get like, demolition tools

begin preparing for zombie assault

or uh, nuclear fallout

i did order a lifehammer from amazon to mount in the car

but yeah...

maybe time to get an uzi

the handgun in a shoebox is not likely to even stun a zombie

Shit, if you're going down this road, get some of this for your daily carry pill fob--potassium iodine pills.

35180321845.jpg

availabe at CVS for $10.

From what I understand, it floods your thyroid glands so that, during nuclear fallout, your thyroid can't absorb bad stuff and the radioactive iodine just passes through your kidneys. I don't know, the CDC explains it better.

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/radiation/ki.asp

You just took it next level.

From what I understand, it floods your thyroid glands so that, during nuclear fallout, your thyroid can't absorb bad stuff and the radioactive iodine just passes through your kidneys. I don't know, the CDC explains it better.

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/radiation/ki.asp

-

Why is everyone going nuts over these Atwood bottle openers?

Here's my rig:

Sterling silver keyhook made by me

Waterproof pill USB drive

hook1.JPG

hook.JPG

iPhone

This wallet:

handmadeleather_2080_3849466

Knife:

Leatherman-Skeletool-CX.jpg

I was influenced by some of the Flathead hooks so might start looking there. I'll probably start producing some come May 2010 or earlier if I can work out a deal with a jewelry shop while I'm out here in India.

Before I forget, I want a notebook that I can slip in the backpocket, I want it to have an interior strap for a stubby pen, and it'd be cool if it was leather. I've seen stuff like this around but I'm having trouble finding it now.

Any help is appreciated.

Jacob

All the talk about "emergency kits" reminds me of the websites set up that sold dedicated supply kits for Y2K. Definetly need to throw some silver nitrate in your box, stops bleeding instantly

http://www.amazon.com/Grafco-Silver-Nitrate-Applicators-12-27/dp/B0018E8FUY

just don't drink the shit or you'll turn blue

yeah well the atwood is growing on me

mainly due to the fact that i spent a good part of the day looking for it----i thought it had slipped out of the shallow watch pocket of my apc cords

ended up being in the handwarmer pocket of my beaufort

in its absence i was imagining all the good times we could have had together

that said, it hasn't been put to use at all today

been fondling it idly

briefly fitted it over the nuts of a traffic sign

it is a fetish object at worst

vaguely utilitarian

i just don't get a hard-on for machined metal

not to say it isn't an exemplary example of such an artifact

but yeah, not sure i get it

but now i can't live without it

^^ Haha, well said man.

Ordered an urban wallet and ended up talking to Bill on the phone for 20 minutes. Such a nice guy. He was more than happy to accommodate my request for a different pocket configuration. Also asked him if he ever made one out of denim. Said he hadn't, but it seemed like he would be open to the idea (if he ever gets some spare time). Maybe if I dig the one I just ordered, Ill mail him some scraps from my 660's and see what he can do. Sufu x Bill's Custom Cases.

Full review to come once wallet gets here.