Sign in to follow this  
Advantage

Patrik Ervell S/S 10 New York

I haven't bothered reading the SZ thread.... but for me, Ervell has always seemed like a man immersed in an American way of life, but forever an outsider looking in.........In the shit, but not of the shit....if you take my meaning. His design aesthetic doesn't strike me as hyper-American at all...or of a man with some kind of continental love-affair....not nearly as much as some people seem to think. It's plain to see more of a British shoe-gazer aesthetic in his clothing (which he has openly stated to be a major and continual source of inspiration for his designs) Lets not forget that the "shoegazer look" is a late 80's, early 90's British altrock look. Splash a little bit of American ingenuity and a dash of Swedish common sense, and you have Ervell.

I think that if you're about 27-35 years old, you can't help but be drawn to these outfits out of nostalgia...no matter where you're from.....myself included.

this is another major point i keep forgetting to mention, the shoegaze/alt brit spirit in ervell's clothing. i would note, however, that what a lot of those dudes were into was american sportswear that stood in contrast to casual british clothing of the time. you dont use slowdive as your runway music multiple times for nothing...

is it just me, or does this APC parka give you a little bit of pause?

apc-herringbone-parka-01.jpg

well said; ervell like a wim wenders of menswear

>conceptual and wearable

>masculine and relaxed

yeah yeah

don't forget progressive fabric applications/technology and some of his GENEROUS cuts in a time when slim slim is the in thing

and club collars are niiice

still on the lookout for the wool perfecto from 06 (i think) feel free to pm immediately if you got one in red or blue

00030m.jpg

what retail on this shirt and which stockists have bought this in? must cop.

Dude, that is s/s 2010.......it's way too soon to say who will be stocking it for sure. Ervell stockists have sadly, been dropping like flies lately.

But look to spend roughly $250 USD on it when it comes out.

True,stockist list has been updated on his website + dont get your hopes up - because of the lack of stockists a lot of stuff doesnt make it to retail.If this shirt does I say it will be a printed version as opposed to the done by hand runway version.

bblessing bought the shirt. they'll have it.

x-post from SZ: just went to DSM yesterday for first time in months, to find that they didn't pick up Ervell for AW09, and according to a staff member won't be getting hold of SS10 either. anyone know other stores in London carrying Ervell?

alas alack

Really excited about the direction of this label, I think he has found his mark making wearable, classic clothes with a flattering silhouette. I think someone earlier described it as masculine yet relaxed, so so true.

I've seen some early looks, people are really gonna like FW10.

I usually prefer fall collections but Ervell is one of the few designers whose spring collections always interest me far more. I think it's something to do with the lightness and ease of his silhouettes and fabrics that make his stuff so compelling. Any chance you might share some details about fall, nlim3482?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOI4lzI6Gmk&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOI4lzI6Gmk&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

First time I've seen him talk about his clothes and the philosophy behind it.
Apparently,not only the rusty looking stuff has been treated with iron oxide,he also used copper oxide for the green and rosé clothes.
It's such a shame,that he's constantly losing stockists.

anyone know other stores in London carrying Ervell?

this.

ervell is definitely my favorite designer at the moment. his mark for subtlety is spot on and i suppose, depending on taste/preference, that sometimes borders on boring. regardless, i think his silhouette is perfect in terms of being slim without going too far. i hope he keeps going for quite some time.

Any chance you might share some details about fall, nlim3482?

I can't disclose too much but it will be a continuation of the colour palettes and themes seen in SS10 with some classic pieces returning.

We received our first delivery about a week ago. We are the first store to carry Patrik Ervell in Australia.

Our online store should be up in a few weeks time but if anyone would like to do a preorder please email info[at]icarusstore.com.

Do you have the rust wind jacket? (aka "Wind Jacket with rusted iron appliqué")

That's my grail for s/s 10

unfortunately we don't...not sure if any store picked it up at all but I must admit the rust detailing looked amazing in person.

When can I expect to see my first royalty check? Do I get to model?

Listen, you send me some Ervell gear, I will send you some pictures and keep my mouth shut.

The beauty of the oxide shirting is really just breaking my heart. I know my lifestyle is too rough and tumble and my wardrobe not deep enough to justify throwing down 280 bones on a fragile shirt.

If I can't find one of the sailboat print shirts in XS I'll probably get one of the rust ones (although is it just a rust 'print' or actually treated on opening ceremony?)

Anyone else notice that on the OC site it says Ervell is Made in Korea now? That's news to me. Hopefully new producer = standardized pants sizing

^ Spoke with the owner of SW..

He apparently sent back a bunch of stuff b/c it was MiK.

He did keep some knits that were made in Peru, though.

It's a shame b/c their previous SS buy was excellent.

^ Spoke with the owner of SW..

He apparently sent back a bunch of stuff b/c it was MiK.

He did keep some knits that were made in Peru, though.

It's a shame b/c their previous SS buy was excellent.

was it sent back purely because it was made in korea, or because there was an obvious decrease in the quality of the garments because of the change of production location?

seems a little irrational if the former is the case.

the guys at the sample sale said the pieces at opening ceremony were printed