american football (nfl)

yanni

I don't hate the Niners on the whole, but to me there is not one player I can cheer on. Maybe I should follow them more, but everyone seems boring as shit.

The Packers are running a train on everyone. Vikings suck, but it's always nice seeing Matthews light people up.

never rooted against a team so much in my life.

they are a solid team and i didnt expect anything more than 8 wins but my fb newsfeed is flooded with niners nonsense.

weve been in a decade long drought fresh off of being one of the greatest dynasties ever. so we deserve to gloat a little.

and were winning the superbowl anyways. should be 9-0.

never rooted against a team so much in my life.

they are a solid team and i didnt expect anything more than 8 wins but my fb newsfeed is flooded with niners nonsense.

Some bandwagon fans for sure, but you can't blame the real niner fans for being happy about their team doing good since 2002. I don't have a facebook, so I don't know (or care) what other people are saying. You'd be doing the same if your team was bad for so long, then came out of nowhere and was the 2nd best team (for now) in the league.

I don't hate the Niners on the whole, but to me there is not one player I can cheer on. Maybe I should follow them more, but everyone seems boring as shit.

The Packers are running a train on everyone. Vikings suck, but it's always nice seeing Matthews light people up.

Patrick Willis? Frank Gore? Carlos rogers has done a fantastic job replacing nate clements. he was known for having stone hands with the redskins, but has 5 interceptions this year so far. To put you in perspective, he only had 8 since he started in 2005 to 2010. he had 2 on eli, and 1 each on vick, dalton, and freeman. And let's not forget justin smith has made some very clutch plays, namely the tipped pass against eli on their last drive on 4th down in the redzone and the fumble on avant in the eagles' last drive as well. i was actually thinking vick was gonna score that drive (score: 24-23 at the time with like 3-4 minutes left) but smith chased down avant and stripped the ball.

He's not a big-name player, but i find it interesting that bruce miller was a converted de to fb. he never played in the offensive backfield before and did not know how to block. along with the lockout limiting practice, it's amazing how he's doing a better job than moran norris at fb. the niners could have taken any of the other fullbacks in the 7th round of the 2011 draft, but the scouts saw something in this guy and wanted him on the team. good call, as he's much more athletic than norris and norris always dropped passes.

True, there is no 1 player that always makes an impact (except maybe frank gore), but I like how it's a different player every game making the play. Walker had the clutch td reception against the lions, hunter had the only touchdown in the game against the bengals, gore with 5 100 yard games, our lineman being eligible receivers and catching passes, davis and hunter with the final 2 td's against the giants, miller running the wheel route, etc. it doesn't count as official stats, but crabtree always makes good downfield blocks for gore.

the coaching staff really deserves credit for good play calling and preparation. Against the bucs, smith tossed it to gore on 3rd and 7 and got the 1st down. i love the jumbo packages as well. i remember all these analysts saying how suh would get to smith, but he only had 2 assisted tackles for that game. here's the wham play they used to effectively run against him:

http://www.grantland...d-the-wham-play

Edited by footfeet

jim hardbaugh is a damn good coach getting the most out of his team.

niners are a good football team. i felt bad for niners fans for a while since their front office didnt have a clue what they were doing thus the reason for the decade of losing. (2005 packers and niners both had the same record. one went up the other stayed stagnant)

main reason i hate the niners the most this year...my coworkers are freakin homers and annoy the crap out of me.

plus i cant root for the niners being a packers fan after the battles in the late mid to late 90s.

niners still have alex smith playing QB...

Edited by chantheman

jim hardbaugh is a damn good coach getting the most out of his team.

niners are a good football team. i felt bad for niners fans for a while since their front office didnt have a clue what they were doing thus the reason for the decade of losing. (2005 packers and niners both had the same record. one went up the other stayed stagnant)

main reason i hate the niners the most this year...my coworkers are freakin homers and annoy the crap out of me.

plus i cant root for the niners being a packers fan after the battles in the late mid to late 90s.

niners still have alex smith playing QB...

haha. give us our moment though. weve had to go through so much bullshit through the years. our hopes have been built up and crushed so much that i kept my expectations low until the detroit game.

and the giants game shows that we may have one of the best coaching staffs in the league. game plan was fucking beautiful. the only team im really scared of is GB, but after a few more years under harbs im pretty sure well be the best team in the league.

Yeah 49ers are definitely legit, but like I said, I just don't follow the team that much.

I don't see anyone pairing up with the Packers yet, though. No one can get in a shootout, and you'll need a full functioning defense to stop the passing game. I'm still hoping for some type of running game to fall back on, though.

What about AFC? After last weekend, looks like it'll be the Patriots show again? I don't really get how they lit up the Jets, but it worked.

patriots need to stop running the ball. they started the season trying to pass pass pass and it worked. once they started to run the ball more (probably to rest the defense that was getting torched) they started losing.

first half against the jets, run and pass = didnt score much

second half no huddle = scored points and blew out the jets

i think the lions and falcons take the wild card. if cutler were playing, i'd pick the bears over the lions to take the wildcard. i'm pretty sure the lions will finish 10-6, and the falcons will finish either 10-6 or 11-5 the way they're playing. i say the cowboys take the division, the giants don't reach 10 wins, and they don't make the playoffs again this year. With the way drew brees is playing tonight, i don't see the giants winning.

Edited by footfeet