yanni

american football (nfl)

so.. the draft's coming up in a few days (saturday if you're not in the know). who're you hoping that your team takes? i know there's gotta be a few nfl dudes here on sufu.

i'm a pats man, so i'm looking for a linebacker cause honestly bruschi has lost some steps. i would be overjoyed beyond everything if posluz fell to us. other possibilities:db

i can see the pats doing well this year.

stlou... #13. obviously a defensive player; i'm guessing someone like carriker or branch. too many problems in the secondary too, ugh. maybe leon hall?

Lets just hope the Lions draft someone with functional limbs.

Lets just hope the Lions draft someone with functional limbs.

matt millen is salivating over the concept of another WR after watching CJ clips on youtube I'll bet

For the birds I'm hoping Michael Griffin or Reggie Nelson in the first, and Brian Leonard in the 2nd. That would make my weekend.

Either way, I can't wait. I love draft day. :)

Westbrook I read that article in the Times today shit's crazy. He can squat 800 lbs. yet also ran a 4.9 40 and can do fucking backflips and shit. What a beast.

niners:

i would sacrifice my first born for calvin johnson. we need a WR. maybe in the second round.

but more realistically, jamaal anderson.

in other news, whos ready for superfuture fantasy football 07?

Raiders: All signs point to Jamarcus Russell. Although I can't be mad at them if they take Calvin Johnson. Russell has all the physical tools to dominate in the NFL but I think he is also more likely to be a bust than Calvin Johnson, who looks like a sure thing. The Raiders would be better off taking Russell with the first pick and Dwayne Jarrett in the second round than taking Calvin Johnson with the first pick and the Stanford QB Trent Edwards in the second round. The dropoff in talent between Russell and Edwards is greater and their position is more important. The Raiders have such a glaring hole at QB it's not even funny anymore. I've been waiting for 2007 draft since the week 1 Monday Night debacle against San Diego.

they NEED a new QB. well, they need a new everything really.

I'm a Ravens fan, hoping we take Sidney Rice (also a Carolina fan). If we can get some O-line help and some backups for an aging defense, i'll be satisfied.

As for the raiders - if Quinn isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread and Russell has such an enormous bust potential, why not build up an actual team and get a quarterback later? Maybe in next years draft, where in all probability, you'll be picking first again...

niners:

i would sacrifice my first born for calvin johnson. we need a WR. maybe in the second round.

but more realistically, jamaal anderson.

in other news, whos ready for superfuture fantasy football 07?

I'm well rested and ready for SuFu FF 07...And I promise to actually play this year. :)

I think the Niners are due for a breakout year. They've got all the parts, and your QB really looked good towards the end of last season--small hands and all.

Does anyone have the clip of Aaron Brooks literally throwing the ball backwards? that was hilarious.

Jets fan - if they can keep up the trend of boring, but correct picks, i'd be satisfied. I guess CB will be the most likely pick at 1st. Now, if they can unearth a real 3-4 DT in the mid to late rounds, I'd wet my pants.

Leonard coming to the Jets will be great (just not with the 1st round pick), he's gonna catch so many 3 yard passes from Pennington.

Everyone wants Leonard. He's really a pleasure to watch--so versatile as a runner, a blocker and a receiver. Good instincts and character. Damn it I want to see him in midnight green.

Anyone have predictions regarding the big busts of this draft?

Mine:

Russell - had a better team around him than anyone in the country.

Ginn Jr - fast and....?

Peterson - Runs too upright for an injury prone guy....(this one might bite me in the ass)

I guess there are just some positions that are prone to busts - ie qbs and wrs, while guys like linebackers don't really have that much of a bust potential.

The Chargers need a bad ass wide reciever to take the pressure off of gates and LT. we also need a Safety. Im thinking Michael Griffin from Texas if he is still available.

I can see Russell being a total bust. I can also see Marshawn Lynch not really doing anything, as I don't really think he was all that special to begin with.

cj will be a bust if detroit draft him...

nah i'm kidding. i'm a rams fan so i'm partial to martz' offense. and i'm partial to kitna.

NFL Draft Day - for my money the best day of the sports year.

Post comments as you watch, I'd love to see how other people think their franchise is setting up for the future. Ravens tend to draft well but conservatively, I'm excited.

HAHAHAH the RAIDERS? the fucking raiders? jesus, i'd rather give up my left nut then have been born a raiders fan.

Kolb isn't that bad, just a really systematic guy...he could be productive one day.

As for the Raiders, when they pick first again next year, they'll have a chance to pick up real parts of a team, not just a giant with a cannon laser rocket arm.

Ravens - could have moved up to get Quinn, could have gotten Trent Edwards, when will the front office guys realize that McNair is a temporary solution.

Right....

Getting more and more discouraged by the pick, I don't know where these picks are coming from. I pray that the guys in the front office know more than me.

WTF!?! Brian Leonard went to the Rams. That was odd.

Giants draft has been mediocre thus far. They've solved a problem with Aaron Ross, sort of helped their WR depth problem with Steve Smith and did nothing with getting that DT out of PSU. Where's the OT's and LB's?