Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

nice, appears several of the older LVC are on sale at cultizm. I might have to join this party :D

For the 1890s, will going TTS work? I'm a 32 waist and am eying the 32/34s. apologies for the noob question, it's just that the LVCs vary so much year to year that I want to double check.

gracious!

Mechanical Pencil - great update on your 37s! Can't wait to see more pictures for the month of May!!!

These all deserve to be in this thread too.

5 month update! 67 505s gave a 2nd wash about 2 weeks ago...

may_1-1.jpg

may_22.jpg

may_3.jpg

FUCKING awesome.

Great work runormal. Your jeans are awesome so far. I wear my '67s everyday and they aren't even keeping up.

We're coming up to 1/4 of this contest... when we hit two years, there are going to be some beautiful jeans being shown off...

thanks giantsdrink, I am stoked to see your 67s as well. I remember the whiskering and combs were coming along really well on yours!

2nd machine wash(with detergent) a couple weeks ago really brought some different shades out which I am loving the look of. I took a peek at the washing machine water and even 2nd time around the water was dark. Only bummer is that I have put on some weight since the contest started and these are feeling really tight so I might start another non contest pair of lvc and follow along with something new and bigger in the waist, lol...

thanks giantsdrink, I am stoked to see your 67s as well. I remember the whiskering and combs were coming along really well on yours!

2nd machine wash(with detergent) a couple weeks ago really brought some different shades out which I am loving the look of. I took a peek at the washing machine water and even 2nd time around the water was dark. Only bummer is that I have put on some weight since the contest started and these are feeling really tight so I might start another non contest pair of lvc and follow along with something new and bigger in the waist, lol...

could you throw up the measurements on your pair? i've been thinking about getting a pair, but I have huge thighs. limits my selection quite a bit.

the updates few pages back are looking good. cant believe its almost 6 months already..i still remember the time when joe was setting the contest up everybody was getting anxious to wait for the 2 months before the contest officially starts lol

I havent been wearing my pair alot lately since its getting colder here..i only were them at home... on another note, after wearing a fairly loose jeans for the summer i must admit its freaking hard to get into slim jeans again. its like my whole body is rebellious against the limited mobility !

could you throw up the measurements on your pair? i've been thinking about getting a pair, but I have huge thighs. limits my selection quite a bit.

Sure thing! mine are tagged waist 32"

now:

Waist: 33.75" (can't imagine them stretching any more)

Front rise: 11.5

Back rise: 15.5

Thigh: 11.5

Knee: 8.5"

The 67s are def slim fitting through the leg and thighs - I guess how you size them would give you some extra room as well.

here are some other 67 measurements Joe posted at the contest start:

1967 32/34

Measured waist: 31 inch

Inseam: 34 inch

Thigh: 11 inch

Knee: 8.5 inch

Front rise: 11 inch

Back rise: 15.5 inch

Leg opening: 8 inch

33/34 1967 505XX

Waist: 32.5â€

Inseam: 34â€

Thigh: 11.75

Knee: 8.5â€

Leg opening: 8â€

crosspost with pic thread

5 months, 1944, haven't washed yet (except to shrink).

4572476127_f23282492f_o.jpg4573109418_721d32d659_o.jpg

4573109658_3ca93a81f2_o.jpg4573109746_0c9b7536d2_o.jpg

4573109538_fbc00351c3_o.jpg4572476339_48bac80278_o.jpg

Here's a close-up of my coin pocket, with a corner tack repair. I have now personally experienced the woes of wartime rationing. Damn thing fell apart without the rivets!!! I did that hidden line of stitching just because I was tired of digging out my Zippo like a pig after a truffle.

4572476027_e702922a91_o.jpg

nice fit on those 67s!

I used to live in south Florida - Deerfield Beach area and that grass and parking spot looks just like my old place, lol. I miss the winters there....

thanks brahgg, I have been digging the fit but I wish I would have sized down one, just cause the jeans fit so damn perfect after they're washed, but after two weeks or so they start to saggg. Im glad that I have at this point gone through a few soaks and a wash, because I don't think in the end these will have a high contrast fades or anything. I do expect mine and every one else that makes the two year mark will have some legitimately beautiful levis though

Some random pics..

My 33's..

_IGP3404.JPG

_IGP3400.JPG

My brother's (mgngnd) 37's...

_IGP3377.JPG

_IGP3373.JPG

I've washed mine 4 or 5 times already, and my brother hasnt washed his at all yet.. note the difference in color and fades. I have almost no whiskers or combs, his are crazy.

Yea the fit on these is def a little baggy for me to get serious combs anyways.. Im just gunna destroy these so I can compete with those kids with high contrast fades.....

Great to see both wash regiments in contrast to each other...My way looser fitting 37's have not been washed yet either but due to the fit I have no combs or whiskers ;)

Same boat; I don't think I'll ever get combs from mine.

Washed them a week ago, but no wears since. I think it'll take a few months of wear before those spots of PL on my right leg wear off.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4023/4595824833_f2b0326b6e_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3354/4595815873_609fa58560_b.jpg