Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

everyone else, dont worry about his pair, theyre just dirty, if they got washed they wouldnt look that far ahead, so everyone stay in it!

Exactly. I might actually wash (or most likely soak) these this weekend to better show off the lack of evo.

On that note, are there any good tricks to shooting jeans? I just got a new camera (Panny LX3), so want to start using it. I notice alot of shots in the evo thread taken with jeans on grass or concrete. Is this for better contrast between jeans and background? I'm in the process of putting in a patio at the side of my parents house (while wearing in my LVC's no less), so maybe I should take a few shots of the jeans on that.

Just taking pictures outside in the natural sunlight is the best.. early morning and in the afternoon, because direct sunlight isnt ideal either tho..

The light is the most important part, as with any photography, so dont worry too much about the ground.

X posted from photos only:

1967 505xx, 3 month update (March 2010).

Daily wear, no washes yet. Started a new job last summer, and the best thing about it is that I don't have to wear a suit everyday. It's now a desk job, but at least I get to wear my jeans.

196750520100307sufu01.jpg

196750520100307sufu04.jpg

Photos taken in my crypt (condo) in indirect sunlight. These are pretty stubborn, but they're starting to fade in the combs and whiskers. Couple things I don't like are the massive kneebags, and length. I will probably get them hemmed, but will wait until after the first wash. However, I do wear these with a big / double cuff quite often and don't really want to lose that utility with a hem.

Otherwise they're starting to get 'shiny', and I love it. I'll probably hold off a wash for a while, because I really like the contrast that's just starting to come out.

I just realised it's been 2 months since my last update, so I snapped some quick pics. Sorry they suck, it's too bright out.

imgp3224.jpg

^Worse case of moose knuckle since Bullwinkle, and they're not even tight in the crotch. What's the deal with those wrinkles that form from the fly placket down to the inner thigh?

imgp3225.jpg

^I think this is what Markus calls 'ass eats jeans' lol.

I'm at 3 months of light wear now. Will definitely be wearing them more when the weather cools.

Will take better detail shots for the official thread when the light's better.

no, actually the top block sits pretty loose. It´s the first time this happen to me and I have been wearing different LVC jeans for a long time.

hmm...

what model are they? were they tight when you first soaked them? its possible they have stretched out to a comfy size but are tight around the crotch area.

but it is also possible that you got a faulty pair.

I had a pair of 47s that had crotch issues because they were too tight, but they fit fine at the waist.

but my 37s are over a year old with no crotch problems at all.

post some pics, lets see whats goin on. maybe you can take em back.

Too bad about the 78's...post more pictures! For some reason I recall cheap saying that the 78's were pretty bad quality but maybe thats all in my head?

I remember that. It was the denim itself...I don't recall him mentioning any construction issues. I think his are true vintage though, not LVC.