Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

So i was thinking that since this is a 2 year contest we will be wearing many holes in our jeans..

I dont really have any good quality denim to patch with, will we be able to set up some sort of "denim patch trade system"??

Ah crap I just tried on a pair of 505s and 501s .. now i'm torn on which to get, any thoughts for a skinny guy who wants a slimmer fit? I'm thinking either the 505s or the 1954 501s

Ah crap I just tried on a pair of 505s and 501s .. now i'm torn on which to get, any thoughts for a skinny guy who wants a slimmer fit? I'm thinking either the 505s or the 1954 501s

Do you mean the 501Z?

Check out the fit pics. The 501Z is a more modern cut, not at all authentic or true to the original, the 505 is more of a classic (although still modified) and is much less risky if you want them skinny because you don't have to factor in shrinking, and you won't have to worry about the fly buckling. The 505 will be more of a contrast to everyone else's fades, which will be essentially similar Cone fabric.

Check the actual measurements on the visual guide thread before you try to downsize! From memory, the 505 is about half an inch undersize from true waist.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

Thanks Paul - I'll check that out, I actually meant 501's, I just was apparently too lazy to punctuate.

My decision may be made easier by the fact that cultizm doesn't have the 1947 501 in my size...

argh.....is anyone else getting really erratic measurements from cultizm???

I returned my 47's and got the 78s. I specifically requested a pair that measured 34 inches pre-soak....I was told to get the tagged 33s b/c they measure 34 presoak ..... well the 78s just arrived...and they measure 36 inches pre-soak (tagged 33).

The only possible explanation I can think of is that they thought I meant I need a pair that measures 34 inches post-soak. That or they are measuring the jeans in a completely different way than I am.

In any case sorry to rant, I can't decide whether to try and make them work or not.

I don't really want to eat the shipping cost of another return to Germany so I might be selling these.

PM me if you have any interest in a pair of 33x36 78s.

Mine matched up...stupid question but are you evening out the top of the waist so that the front is on top of the back? A common mistake that sometimes is missed...

A while back, I asked Cultizm how they measured the waist and was told that they laid the jeans flat and measured across the back which I interpreted as being different from matching the tops of the front and back and measuring (BiG style). This means that the waist measurement will be one to two inches smaller than measuring BiG style (depending on the year of the jeans).

I have had the best luck with sizing from Cultizm when I asked for the actual measurements of a specific size of jeans (i.e. 33x36 or 34x36) rather than specifying what actual size waist I wanted the jeans to be.

Mine matched up...stupid question but are you evening out the top of the waist so that the front is on top of the back? A common mistake that sometimes is missed...

haha yeah I'm lining the top up.

Plus if you line the top up that usually will increase the measurement length from if you hadn't :P ....at least I think it usually does :confused:.

I could understand if the measurement was off ~.5 inch in either direction, but a 36 is not even close to a 34 no matter how you measure it.

Only one 44 participating? That's sad, it's one of the nicest LVC's ever imo...Too bad I couldn't join in with my soaked 44's. They're great and congrats to jyoni.

detaila.jpg

dr. house, it was your fit pic that clinched it for me. I had always assumed they were quite baggy til you got your pair. Couldn't agree more, they're beautiful.

Wish mine had the herringbone pockets :(

The banner looks great! Now what is this about a three-year contest? :)

^Ah, okay and thanks! You've bought your pair sizewise same like me (tts in the waist, 2 inches up in the inseam)?

Yep, true size. Vintage rises fit me like mid-rises so I go with my upper hip for sizing. Sucks cos I never know how fits will pan out. These are perfect, they have pretty much NO flare off the waistband. They are super-long though. I didn't think to ask Joe about sourcing out a shorter length...maybe I will do so, since return shipping would be less costly than hemming.

I'll enter and order up another 47 or maybe a 505 for the contest. But the best part is I think my son might enter with his pair of LVC overall prototypes, in size 1 1/2 toddler of course... I hope he doesn't outgrow them before the contest ends. I've had them and a pair of 646's on ice since before he was born, so this will be a good excuse for him to give them some wear.

Think you guys can keep up with a baby?