Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

So who's down for a chicago meet-up when this thing starts?

I probably would be but it would depend on my schedule since I'm a few states over. I've always wanted to visit though so if possible I would definitely be interested

Ok guys, don't get all worked up about my Vans, moustache growing (yes, my puberty is way behind me, I'm definitely closer to andropause actually, haha), or the other pairs of jeans I have or could have, I have enough shoes and clothes to chose from, don't worry for me. Once again that was just a random and QUICK fit pic with a random pair of shoes, and above all, I don't care about do's and don'ts , still better than naked feet with dirty toe nails I guess, he? Don't send the fashion police my way yet!

so Tanner,what will you do now? i am sure cultizm wouldnt mind you buying another pair that matches your vans.

SuFu- stylepolice is watching you!:P

i'm sure alden wouln't mind selling you a pair of boots for the price of two pairs of LVCs either. and if i was sufu style police i'd be telling him to size down or get 66 505s, which i'm not. boots aren't for everyone. neither are knappave's though, so i guess it's just two sides of the same coin...

I think the vans look cool, though a bit vato-esque. You might not be able to pull it off. You will need a flannel shirt buttoned all the way up to the collar, a bandana, and some dark shades to complete the look.
sleeves cut off, poorly, and only the top button done.

hope you can grow a moustache. get a raiders tattoo.

now we're talking! suicidal style!

Suicidal-Tendencies-Publicity-Photo.jpg

Just wanted to give a shout out to everyone -I have read denim care tips and LVC info here a few times and finally signed up for sufu to join this contest -just received my 47s yesterday from cultizm (and again couldn't believe how fast they were!).

I have a question for the contestants: I know the start date is Dec. 1, but I am moving out of the country on Oct. 29 and won't have access to any personal laundry facilities for a few months at least and probably few if any opportunities to wear them wet the first time.

Would it be ok if I take pics, soak them just before leaving to shrink them while wearing and then post more pics the day of the start with the code word to show they weren't worn in the interim?

In reality, the length of the contest probably negates advantage to anyone jumping the gun for a few weeks, but rules are rules and I wanted to gauge other's reaction; otherwise, I will probably need to start a few months late...

Thanks,

cjfergs

I decided I'm gonna buy a pair of 1947s. I'm guessing I should get a W32 since I'm a W30? For reference, I wear a 28 in the SExI04 (sized down two). Also, how much would you say these stretch? Thanks to anyone who can help.

The more the merrier! 20 was just the base we needed to get the full out sponsorship from Cultizm who, btw, are being VERY gracious with the prizes and helping organize this all...Thank you Cultizm!!! ;)

BTW, medine, I might be down for some Chicago shenanigans if I'm in town...we'll discuss as the start date rolls closer!

So far, how many people will need hemming?

I could use hemming, but I don't think I will do it. I got 30 x 36 in the 67s and while they are long, I am going to wait and see how they turn out. I'll probably let them stack to begin with, and then cuff them once I've worn them a bit more.

Are you going to hem?

^Hey guys,

plz keep in mind that the unsanforized LVC's loose 2-3 inches after soaking/ washing, so don't get them hemmed before the initial soak.

Anyone here with a 36 inseam 47's? I wanna place my order after uncounting investigations about my correct waistsize for them :P, but I'm torn between 34" or 36" inseam (I usually wear a 32" inseam) due to the shrinkage thing...(I don't wanna have a bad surprise and get a pair that's too short). Any suggestions?

^Hey guys,

plz keep in mind that the unsanforized LVC's loose 2-3 inches after soaking/ washing, so don't get them hemmed before the initial soak.

Anyone here with a 36 inseam 47's? I wanna place my order after uncounting investigations about my correct waistsize for them :P, but I'm torn between 34" or 36" inseam (I usually wear a 32" inseam) due to the shrinkage thing...(I don't wanna have a bad surprise and get a pair that's too short). Any suggestions?

Dr.H,

I am a 36x 32 and have gotten all but one of my LVC, regular STF in 38 x 36s to account for shrinkage. For the regular STFs (late 90s to early 00s), the extra length ended up perfect, probably because I have thrown them in the dryer (to say nothing of the fabric). I have a pair of 44s that I have soaked twice over the last year, which have a waist that is a tad large, and the length is enough that I have a 2" cuff, probably partly due to the waist sag. I have a pair of rinsed 55s (handrolled cuff) in a 38 x 34 that I bought at the Levis store in San Fran (my first LVCs and the only pair they had!) because I tried them on and they fit perfectly, but can be turned up w/ a 3/4 " cuff.

I got 38 x 36 in the 47s for the contest because the fit is much slimmer. It is at least two sizes smaller in the waist than the 44s, no doubt, and an overall closer fit.

In that vein, I can't remember seeing it mentioned, but the rise (distance between the top of the fly and the crux of the crotch, has been as important for me in the fitting of length as the inseam. I have a pair of old Skinners (Levis Premium, before Capital E) that I have measured at 36x32, but due to the ridiculously low, crotch-hugging rise, they fit more like a 36x30.

On the 47s, the rise, pre soak is already smaller than that on my 44s, fwiw...

Anyone ever thrown a pair of LVC STFs in the dryer? Shrinkage effects?

Need some sizing advice for 67-505s. i'm aware that they r sanfranized. which means i can get my true size. however, cultizm indicates they run a bit small.... anyone with experience to how much 505s stretch? i'm aware that the denim is different from the rest too, from kaihara....

should i go TTS or size up one?? (i'm a true size 30)

Dr.H,

I am a 36x 32 and have gotten all but one of my LVC, regular STF in 38 x 36s to account for shrinkage. For the regular STFs (late 90s to early 00s), the extra length ended up perfect, probably because I have thrown them in the dryer (to say nothing of the fabric). I have a pair of 44s that I have soaked twice over the last year, which have a waist that is a tad large, and the length is enough that I have a 2" cuff, probably partly due to the waist sag. I have a pair of rinsed 55s (handrolled cuff) in a 38 x 34 that I bought at the Levis store in San Fran (my first LVCs and the only pair they had!) because I tried them on and they fit perfectly, but can be turned up w/ a 3/4 " cuff.

I got 38 x 36 in the 47s for the contest because the fit is much slimmer. It is at least two sizes smaller in the waist than the 44s, no doubt, and an overall closer fit.

In that vein, I can't remember seeing it mentioned, but the rise (distance between the top of the fly and the crux of the crotch, has been as important for me in the fitting of length as the inseam. I have a pair of old Skinners (Levis Premium, before Capital E) that I have measured at 36x32, but due to the ridiculously low, crotch-hugging rise, they fit more like a 36x30.

On the 47s, the rise, pre soak is already smaller than that on my 44s, fwiw...

Anyone ever thrown a pair of LVC STFs in the dryer? Shrinkage effects?

Thanks Man. I've got a pair of 44's and they only shrink about 1.5 inches in the length after 2 soaks so I am a bit unsure...you would recommand a 36" length for me presoak in the 47's, got you right?

Ah, I'm pretty sure a dryer will cause a higher shrinking effect, but I personally wouldn't use it.

Need some sizing advice for 67-505s. i'm aware that they r sanfranized. which means i can get my true size. however, cultizm indicates they run a bit small.... anyone with experience to how much 505s stretch? i'm aware that the denim is different from the rest too, from kaihara....

should i go TTS or size up one?? (i'm a true size 30)

Afaik from other guyz you can go with your real size, but if you want 'em snug size down one.

Thanks for the tip man! i'll go TTS. How much did they stretch out???

I from my previous experience with 47s they stretch quite alot.... but i'm not so sure about the 505 kaihara denim ay.....

mm... my 505s could barely be buttoned and I went size 30 (my TTS is usually 30. 29 if I'm lucky) I doubt you'd be able to button them if you were to size down.

Plz edit me in, joe :-)

Awesome, welcome in House. What size did you end up with?

@Dawei - I'm a 31" waist, but I went with a '67 505 in 32" x 36". I would have gone TTS if there was a 31" x 36", but am fine with the size I got. I don't think I would have been able to zip them if I sized down.

Thanks for the tip man! i'll go TTS. How much did they stretch out???

I from my previous experience with 47s they stretch quite alot.... but i'm not so sure about the 505 kaihara denim ay.....

On the 67 505, I tried a 33x36 and a 34x36 and while the waist on the 34x36 seemed right, the butt and thighs were not as slim as I wanted. I went with the 33x36 which were tight in the waist but fit well otherwise. They measured 34" in the waist BiG style and have stretched to about 35" now after about ten wears.