Supreme F/W 2009

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its interesting to see acontinuouslean drop take ivy steez and dick ride japanese american repros with one post. that guy's blog is him touting his PR clients. even though he says he discloses who he's working for he's always cryptic or super subtle about it.

jake davis' blog just seems like him posting what he's into and working on. i didn't see where he called himself a style icon, but ms sally's right - if you're calling yourself that, you're probably not.

here's another laugh ... nyc's best dressed?

Does the fit of there jeans alter or change from season to season?

I've have tons of supreme pants but no jeans and have always been eyeing them.

The only time I tried to get a pair, I bought a black pair off ebay and I could barely get into them and they were tagged 34, my normal size. Way too tight for my taste.

I dont know, Ive noticed that now they only have the "slim" version in store.

Ive been eyeing them myself, but then again. Im a short fucker, so most slims depending on brand end up fitting me pretty loose anyway.

edit: as for the APC collab....i wonder if theyre going to have the pants at APC as well.

Since theyre going to have the store exclusive tee. I like the one theyre going to have

over the one Supreme will have in store.

Does the fit of there jeans alter or change from season to season?

I've have tons of supreme pants but no jeans and have always been eyeing them.

The only time I tried to get a pair, I bought a black pair off ebay and I could barely get into them and they were tagged 34, my normal size. Way too tight for my taste.

compared to their other pants (i.e. the chinos) the waist on their jeans is maybe slightly smaller and the fit through the thighs and legs is a lot slimmer. i wear a 34 in both the chinos and the jeans. if you got the overdye black ones from f/w07 (which i think was the only time they did those w/the black patch on the back), i think those were among the smallest in the waist they've done (those fit a bit smaller in the waist than my 08 ones).

^^ makes sense. not a bad marketing move bringing that demographic into an apc storoe, imo. whether or not they buy anything else than the tee when they walk a few blocks over from supreme, they get introduced to the brand that they were unlikely familiar with. in turn, supreme works with and has their name on a denim staple.

compared to their other pants (i.e. the chinos) the waist on their jeans is maybe slightly smaller and the fit through the thighs and legs is a lot slimmer. i wear a 34 in both the chinos and the jeans. if you got the overdye black ones from f/w07 (which i think was the only time they did those w/the black patch on the back), i think those were among the smallest in the waist they've done (those fit a bit smaller in the waist than my 08 ones).

Yep, they were the black overdye one from f/w07...couldn't even come close to buttoning them. Although looking back at some pics, I see that they were actually a 32...I was on a health kick and dropped a few pounds then. No wonder I didn't have a prayer of fitting into them.

Thanks for the info! Maybe I'll make my way to the store and try a pair on one of these days.

the pin is the second removable jaun this season. kids are gonna start walking around Soho lookin like waiters from TGIFridays. FLAIR!!!

they usually do some kind of pin anyway so hey why not. the blurb for the jeans kind of implies they are a modified NS but who knows really.

i'd like to see how the instore crew handle a million questions about sizing and soaking from people dipping their toes into raw denimz but i'll probably be in the hospital after the j+ drop

most people would say "size down" just because theyre "raw" but im pretty sure they only carry a size 30-34. I havent seen a 28 or 36. Im a 30, and they usually only have a very few in stock of my size in all the pants. So i might just get the 30 if theyre available. Cool story huh?

real talk: apc fucking blows. all their shit is poorly made and overpriced, with denim being the absolute worst offender. rehashed designs of shit that you can find anywhere else

that is kind of weird since apc is (rightly) considered to be a value brand within the context of high end rtw... unless you're saying that a $118 supreme button down is "better" in some sort of abstract or moral sense.

wrt the denim, i don't think anyone is saying it is the tits - however it has long served as a good pair of "starter" raw unsanforized denim. although i do acknowledge that the price increases have eroded the actual argument in favor of them but from that perspective it is a genius collaboration - just look at the people in the apc denim thread posting their new stuff.

also re: the t-shirt they should call it the downskirt or sideskirt.

although i do acknowledge that the price increases have eroded the actual argument in favor of them but from that perspective it is a genius collaboration - just look at the people in the apc denim thread posting their new stuff.

Yeah, from my understanding, APC has relocated a good percentage of its production to places like China, but the prices, seemingly, don't reflect this. However, the prices of denim have seemingly remained stable.

Like you said though, all though this collaboration isn't too imaginative/bland, Supreme already knows the shit will sell out. Just look at those $118 (shipping included) Mickey tees for reference.

Like you said though, all though this collaboration isn't too imaginative/bland, Supreme already knows the shit will sell out. Just look at those $118 (shipping included) Mickey tees for reference.

Supreme is getting out of hand with the prices, I didnt even realize how much that tee was cuz i wasnt even interested.

reselling recent supreme gear is useless. The webshop/SS are the only places you need to get anything supreme.

The only time the reseller's come up is on a sold out tee or camp cap. No ones even paying 200-300 for supreme gear at retail, what makes them think people will buy resellers gear for 50-100% markup?

even worst, the resellers sit on their useless items for a minute and dont wanna budge on prices even though we both know aint no one spending 70+ on a 'game over' tee except

I know fuck resellers...I always try to offer them retail + shipping for items I may have missed out on. And they still decline, I mean I know thats how they make their money. But some shit just sits on ebay for like months. You would think if a product isnt moving, they would at least like to break even.

This season really killed reselling. Webshop has been getting more and more of the regular stock, only things theres a market for is the stuff that doesn't show up there, but nowadays that's only a few caps.

*pretty interesting article on "ironic" patriotism in clothing, Supreme gets a mention

http://apparelmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=MultiPublishing&mod=PublishingTitles&mid=CD746117C0BB4828857A1831CE707DBE&tier=4&id=5E476C10183543FE90BED86A5BB5BFC0

but still there are some items that i know many people will pay over retail on just because they don't have time to run to the shop or webstore once it drops. eg myself i will pay over retail for:

"marlboro" jacket

appletown tank

corduroy baseball jacket

etc

non hype items that sat on the shelves for a minute and i missed out on.

But i do agree this season pricing and lack of logo driven items have people looking elsewhere.

Reselling still makes some money (though I'm sure less than before the webstore started) because not everyone that wants Supreme is in the US.

The webstore only ships in the US, so even for people in Canada (like me) that isn't an option. That means either using resellers, or trying to get someone to order from the webstore for you (possible but difficult) or do a pickup (pointless because even if you find someone they charge so much you're better off using a reseller). A reseller like crashstreet is often the easiest option because they mark up less than most resellers and are a hell of a lot less hassle than trying to find someone to do pickups or order for you. Even services that will buy from US-based online stores for non-US buyers aren't ideal, except for items that won't sell out, because they usually have 24 hour (or longer) turnaround time from you asking for something to them placing an order.

I used to be able to order through the webstore on my own and use a US address for shipping but even that won't work anymore. Starting with SS09 their credit card approval system seems a lot more strict and doesn't seem to allow non US based cards anymore. My Canadian credit card, even with the US shipping address added to it as a billing address, gets rejected now.

I would agree that it seems pointless for anyone in the US to buy from resellers anymore except for items that sell out quickly like tees, the few things that are store exclusive and don't appear online, or because they don't mind paying extra to avoid the hassle of buying from Supreme (lineups for the real store, having to be on on your computer at exactly 11am on random weekdays because popular items are gone in minutes in the online store).