Supreme F/W 2009

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ps- fishtails are alpha.... on your mark, get set, GO!!!!!!!!

ah nice, so did you grab one for yourself? thoughts?

got my webshop order in the mail today. i'm stoked on the crewneck 's' sweater. they can't seem to get their material descriptions down though, since the tag says 100% acrylic and online it says 100% cotton. good stuff tho.

and people actually bought them, black is sold out

hahaha some people are unbelievable

i have an old ringer tee with mickey mouse on it that my was my boy's when he was growing up (he's alot bigger than me and i'm little) i should crazy glue a box logo sticker on it sell that shit

how are they ready? heavy or lightweight?

midweight, better for NE fall or milder winters. if you're like me and seem to have coats for each 5 degree gradiation, i'd put this at 45-60 depending on layering (incl use of lining) and your sensitivity to cold

ah nice, so did you grab one for yourself? thoughts?

the look and feel is really close to a milspec alpha, down to the fabric (cotton/nylon blend), std alpha snaps and buttons, tank-like ykk zipper and stormflapped pockets (i think this is the term - the external layer of pocket comes out a bit and folds over). it practically screams alpha the second you touch it.

cutwise it's pretty generous and runs a little big. the size up looked a little awkward on me (too square, verging on poncholike) - based on the lookbook maybe you bigger dudes will have better luck. i would speak to the next size down (the one i wanted in the first place) but it was one of those annoying haven't-yet / maybe-won't get stock deals that i would complain about more if it wasn't likely save me $300 (but may be instructive on the off chance anyone from the office is keeping tabs on this thread)

can anyone give me tips on washing one of the oxfords trying to get it to shrink without it starting to look like shit.

cold wash + dryer?

hot wash + hang dry?

wash it cold and put it in the dryer. if that doesn't shrink it enough then wash hot and put in dryer. then iron out any bits that bother you (i.e. the placket). i'm about to do this to my new red oxford today, probably should've bought a medium. :)

can anyone give me tips on washing one of the oxfords trying to get it to shrink without it starting to look like shit.

cold wash + dryer?

hot wash + hang dry?

I would agree with Seenmy. I'm quite tall, but thin, so I get the majority of my shirts adjusted by a tailor. It's relatively cheap and I don't have to put my shirts through the washer and dryer repeatedly.

Supreme field coats are probably closest to army ECWCS parka's. attached hood, shorter cut, zipper closure.

exactly, the ECWCS are the ones I would have mentioned: basically the most deluxe modern mil-spec parka. gore-tex, etc. can snap-in a fur-liner into the hood as well.

http://www.vtarmynavy.com/alpha-mil-spec-ecwcs-parka.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ECWCS-Woodland-Camo-GORE-TEX-Field-Jacket-L-R_W0QQitemZ180408924677QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Outerwear?hash=item2a0135ba05&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_1507wt_1167

etc.

is that what you were thinking of ms. sally?

exactly, the ECWCS are the ones I would have mentioned: basically the most deluxe modern mil-spec parka. gore-tex, etc. can snap-in a fur-liner into the hood as well.

http://www.vtarmynavy.com/alpha-mil-spec-ecwcs-parka.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ECWCS-Woodland-Camo-GORE-TEX-Field-Jacket-L-R_W0QQitemZ180408924677QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Outerwear?hash=item2a0135ba05&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_1507wt_1167

etc.

is that what you were thinking of ms. sally?

Yes and No. I've seen these before but they are pretty much a shell correct? No lining or insulation?

They are similar to the field coats in that they have a proper hood and less of a storm trooper look like an m65 but still lack the velcro-less sleeves and the cut of Supreme's.

Basically i'm looking for that exact same jacket (meaning Supreme's Field Coat) but without Supreme's flannel lining, fur, and Up charge.

I like the Fishtail Parka this year but $298 is keeping me from buying. I'm convinced I can find some similar to it or the Field Coat through Army Surplus. I've seen real M-51 Fishtail Parkas and predictably they dont fit or look like supreme's alpha made version.

I'm starting to think what I want is only made by Supreme.

those all look sick, nice find. love that poly-fur lining too.

ms. sally, i think a lot of Supreme's field jackets have been modeled after older foreign mil-spec jackets, such as the German ones above?