Supreme F/W 2009

i have a milspec fishtail but never really wear it since its so big.. they're cut about 10-12" longer and a lot wider. finding an OG fishtail runs about $300 on ebay, and surprisingly not too much less at surplus shops, so i feel like dropping that on the supreme one isn't a bad idea for something i'll get a ton of wear out of. top is the same cut, although lighter without fur that alpha did a japanese release of. not sure what brand they were done through if any...

alphaindustries-m-51-257x300.jpg

Mods.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on a lot of his stuff, especially his point about technical outerwear. Funny that a lot of what he said directly contradicts what's coming out this season though; guy disses waxed cotton and we get two jackets with it as main material, says flannels on it's way out but we got like 10 different plaids. Guess a lot of this will be channeled into next fall.

Sucks about the fishtail parka, definitely doesn't look long enough in those pics.

i guess some of the shit babenzian said in that interview is showing up this season.... paisley oxford, work stripe shirt, waterproof shell, fishtail parka...

side note: denim cap is really fucking tight. picked up one for myself. i have a weird shaped head and can only wear the snap hats that have a "soft front/2 panels" so this shit is fucking ace.

It's possible that he was talking about his other design endeavors. Not specifically for Supreme. I dont see them taking plaid entirely out of the mix, and they have always made the army jackets he called out.

If plaid flannel is to be removed and Oxfords are to be its successor, they fall into "ultra classic thing" just as much as waxed cotton and mackinaws. Paisleys (which are quite stodgy and classic prep outside of gang/outlaw culture) or no Paisleys, its still an oxford cloth shirt. Also not sure whom he is speaking to or about on the technical outerwear not being seen as much as the "dressed" look. I see far more tech jackets and shells on the general population of NY during fall-spring..

I see him running in my neighborhood all the time. He's got a good pace.