Supreme F/W 2009

I can see the difference between the 2. The ones Complex chose to feature are striking in comparison to a boat shoe. To me at least.

Also on the topic of the Fishtail: My main gripe with Supreme's sizing is that it is never long enough. i'm 6'2" and 160lbs. Tall and on the cusp of too skinny. On the whole I still wear my clothing on the baggier side of fitted, so XL is my preferred size in Supreme. All of the jackets post 2006 have been approx. 30" in length collar to hem. It's never long enough. With the way I wear my pants, it always looks short. Just resting above the tops of my pockets.

That said when I tried on the XL fishtail it fit me exactly the way I wanted it to. Covers the tops of my pockets on a pair of jeans without issue. I realize everything is subjective with fitting but I would say this jacket is anything but short.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible that he was talking about his other design endeavors. Not specifically for Supreme. I dont see them taking plaid entirely out of the mix, and they have always made the army jackets he called out.

that part of the forecast could be well informed by him being sick to death of designing a hundred flannels every season but it's true this will always be a staple of the brand - but maybe they'll go back to doing 2 or 3 a year instead of a dozen.

Also on the topic of the Fishtail: My main gripe with Supreme's sizing is that it is never long enough. i'm 6'2" and 160lbs. Tall and on the cusp of too skinny.

i'm probably on the opposite side of loose/fitted than you so i guess that's the tricky part for supreme to figure out which piece works better for / is more popular with which segment of their audience. what i do find legitimately lame is that they don't make their inseams long enough as per eastcoastrider.

my particular gripe is that they do a sizing bell curve for stock irrespective of how the damn things actually fit, so if a small fits like a medium there'll be like 4 pieces available (not to mention jacket sleeves run shortish on smalls). which is why i like the smedium thing, it guarantees that there'll be more stock at that actual (non-tagged) size. however, that probably screws all the xl / tall people so is not a good overall solution

Investment?

If youre just trying to resell then box logo...

If youre buying something to wear then arc logo.

With that said, I just got my Uptown zipup and the typeface on the hood is a little goofy.

thanks...im not intending to resell but my wordrobe/closet is everchanging. if i decide to sell 4 wutever reason im sure a box logo will retain its value, even slightly used.

im sure the arc logo having thermal lining would get more use tho personally... prob go w/ arc.

For those who ordered striped oxfords from the webshop, what color did you end up getting (since they labeled the colors wrong)? I mean, if you ordered a blue striped shirt, did you get the blue striped or a purple one as pictured in the webstore?

looks like they made a color mixup again with the tartan shirts. the blue/green one is labeled as black....

the labels are switched on those: the pale one is actually the purple, and it's more of a pale lavender color. the darker one is the blue one, which is navy.

looks like they made a color mixup again with the tartan shirts. the blue/green one is labeled as black....

i believe those are actually named correctly. the 'black' pattern is often referred to as 'blackwatch,' even though it's a mostly navy/green combo. plus the white one certainly doesn't look black (it's probably white/navy).

one thing it does look like they did mixed up, though, is the price on the prep flannel and tartan, which look like they should be switched.

it's funny, last fall's tartan's were $90 and were made in USA and were cheaper than all their other l/s china-made button-ups at the time (which were 98). and now the price difference is at least 20.

For those who ordered striped oxfords from the webshop, what color did you end up getting (since they labeled the colors wrong)? I mean, if you ordered a blue striped shirt, did you get the blue striped or a purple one as pictured in the webstore?

They fulfilled the orders based on the item description not the color pictured.