Ooe yofukuten world tour 2009-2010

pomata

Wow, i was there too on Sunday. Tiro, Out of thousands Belgian beer, which one is your favourite? I usually drink Duvel and Chimay since it's widely available in the supermarket here in NL

Damn :eek:

it's a shame you didn't spot the Ooe's, you could've been in the tour...

it's hard naming a favourite beer, one of my favourites still is Westvleteren 12 though, even if it is a cliché, but I like it better when it has aged a bit.

mainly I drink Chimay Blue, Orval, Westmalle tripel and Duvel cause they are quite easily available in most bars.

When I'm lucky though and there is alot of choice I also like Malheur 12°, Leute bokbier, Ename tripel and Rochefort 10 (my tip of the day).

If you ever have the chance, you also must checkout these beers:

http://www.dedollebrouwers.be/

My case of 'stille nacht' has already been reserved :D

at the festival I enjoyed the Kwibus beer alot, though I think that's real hard to find, seemed like a small local brewery to me.

so, no friday update cause I washed the jeans, they were quite dirty as I used them at work for two weeks.

saturday afternoon however, they were dry and I could wear them again...

Dave023 came by to visit the Ooe's and also, to visit Nora and Rob from Okiya in antwerp.

so here's the pictures of that visit, thanks for inviting us Nora and Rob and for the very nice evening, we will meet again, I think that was pretty clear yesterday... :) (see you at the goatsparade?) :P

IMG_1273.jpg

californians

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

pbj beanies and you all know the magazines I guess

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

Rob and Nora (Nora tried to avoid having her picture taken, but it didn't work)

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

it goes without saying, Dave and I were like kids in a candystore, Nora and Rob carry Spellbound, PBJ, Sugarcane, MF, Omnigod, Tripleworks, Tender and in the very near future Eternal...

IMG_1277.jpg

as the evening progressed Nora got less reluctant to having her picture taken

IMG_1279.jpg

and Rob showed us his Ooe Yofukuten 4303xx

IMG_1275.jpg

PBJ - Dave was kind enough to take the model duties upon him

IMG_1274.jpg

sugarcane

IMG_1294.jpg

omnigod

IMG_1282.jpg

the omnigod wall

IMG_1281.jpg

I'm still figuring out if this was a condom distributor or not :P

thanks Dave and yeah since the Ooe's are so great and this is the Ooe Worldtour, we also had to make some time to photograph our Ooe's, together with their brother...

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

flash didn't quite reach far enough here, but I included it anyhow, cause the stars are popping out nicely...

IMG_1293.jpg

Dave was having a hard time resisting temptation :P

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

spellbound...

oh and a nice bonusshot of Nora demonstrating how to wear the PBJ beanie that I picked up for my girlfriend :D

IMG_1289.jpg

so that's it for saturday, it was a nice evening and a very unique experience, seeing and touching all these jeans in real life in Belgium and I went home with a MF Californian and a PBJ beanie, what more can a man wish for?

again, thanks Nora and Rob, hope u guys had as much fun as we did and cu soon...

Oh yeah, on a sidenote, we went for a drink in antwerp city afterwards (Dave and I that is) but there are no pictures of that, sorry guys.

I will Matt, don't worry :D

thanks guys and yeah a new denim purchase does always feel good....

new update tomorrow, made way too much pictures today, so gotta make a selection and I'll in the morning, now it's true blood time :P

inseam on the omnigod's are short ish, but if you roll your jeans they def. should be wearable, actually I examined a raw size 32 and the inseam was 33, but Nora told me inseam length depends on size, so if you got a bigger size, you get a longer inseam, well longer to Japanese standards I guess.

anyhow, they don't have a store, but I'm sure Nora and Rob would like to meet u Mich, they are really nice and have an awesome 'showroom', if you do decide to visit them, let me know man and I'll meet u there, we have waited long enough to finally meet up, how's your beetle doing? :D

I was completely unaware that my hometown had a place like that??? How long have they been around and where are they located?

I was unaware too mate, till Rob pm'd me after he had seen my comments on the MF californian in the MF thread. (they are still drying btw)

they are pretty close to clinic, you'll never know if you just pass by the building though (their main activity is wholesale), more info on www.okiya.eu

btw, Rob or Nora, I also want one of those PBJ beanies for myself :P

Very nice updates Timmy!

How is the inseam on the Omnigod's, i always thought they run very short?

Looks like i just have pay a visit to Okiya in the near future, Antwerp is not that far!

Mich, the inseam is tagged 33, but it varies between 33 & 34,5 effectively (one cold rinse values)

I was completely unaware that my hometown had a place like that??? How long have they been around and where are they located?

Mr HaGa, for quite a while already, but open to the public (upon appointment) for a few months only. PM me for more info.

I

btw, Rob or Nora, I also want one of those PBJ beanies for myself :P

pm Timmy! You got my wife on pic again I was told?

pm Timmy! You got my wife on pic again I was told?

hehe yeah I sure did mate, was walking from my appartment to the centre of town, suddenly someone shouted my name, I look back and there she was... here's a little teaser for tomorrow's update

IMG_3525.jpg

Nora wearing a PBJ jacket and omnigod jeans (correct me if I'm wrong here), me in my trusty ooe travelling pants, nudie shirt and patagonia shell (oh yeah and goofy cap from the beerfestival, as rain was predicted)

cool! I like it...

I was sporting the rolled up jeans today btw, be it totally by accident, I always roll em inside the house cause I'm running around on my socks most of the time, I forgot to unroll em as I went out...

noticed it when I got back home and wanted to roll em again :o

inseam on the omnigod's are short ish, but if you roll your jeans they def. should be wearable, actually I examined a raw size 32 and the inseam was 33, but Nora told me inseam length depends on size, so if you got a bigger size, you get a longer inseam, well longer to Japanese standards I guess.

anyhow, they don't have a store, but I'm sure Nora and Rob would like to meet u Mich, they are really nice and have an awesome 'showroom', if you do decide to visit them, let me know man and I'll meet u there, we have waited long enough to finally meet up, how's your beetle doing? :D

The bug's still rolling fine, and scraping the asphalt ;)

I might plan a visit to Antwerp in december or januari, it would be very cool to meet up, pay a visit to Okiya, talk some denim and have a beer or two!

Mich, the inseam is tagged 33, but it varies between 33 & 34,5 effectively (one cold rinse values)

Thanks for the info, i saw they are one wash so mostly that means one can expect minimal shrinkage, in that case an inseam of 33 or even a bit more should be good for me.

Omnigod have been on my wanted list for a long time now, and now that i have the chance to fit a pair it's about time to act upon it!

Nora's Omnigod's look awesome!

I might plan a visit to Antwerp in december or januari, it would be very cool to meet up, pay a visit to Okiya, talk some denim and have a beer or two!!

I would def. be in for that! :D

U gonna make the trip with the bug? ;)

I might plan a visit to Antwerp in december or januari, it would be very cool to meet up, pay a visit to Okiya, talk some denim and have a beer or two!!

I would def. be in for that! :D

U gonna make the trip with the bug? ;)

damn, I'm really late with this update, been lazy...

so here's the pics of last sunday's goatparade

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

yep, we are still in Belgium! :D

IMG_1317.jpg

u guys know Jean-Marie Pfaff?

IMG_1316.jpg

hey wait, that's not a goat...

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg