Ooe yofukuten world tour 2009-2010

pomata

good shit

wish i was

1. eating that chicken with you.

2.drinking some wine and tapas with you

3. i was gay and i would have enjoyed that dildo like cucumber err with you.

After dinner, when the sun goes down is the best time to be on the beach IMO.

Nobody is there and all you hear is the sound of the water.

dsc04326w.jpg

dsc04322m.jpg

dsc04324g.jpg

dsc04332c.jpg

dsc04335goh.jpg

Woah. HUGE update today, I hope I did not bore anyone.

Something good is happening this week so stay tuned. See you soon!

Sardegna is crazy nice! I drove around Calla Gonone and around up to Alghero.... then across to Corsica and up the west coast. Best holiday of my life. Sardinian food rules, pecorino, Bottarga, sea urchin and roasted suckling pig or kid are pretty much where it's at.

We spent the afternoon on a very nice beach called Coda Cavallo (horse tail)

dsc04396.jpg

the water is crystal clear it feels like swimming in a pool

dsc04384.jpg

dsc04388.jpg

dsc04399.jpg

a view from the street

dsc04380i.jpg

ichnusa is the local beer. Tastes good, cheers guys!

dsc04404.jpg

We're going to the MIRTO fest tonight, I think I'll take some pics...

at the Mirto fest they had some Pecorino cheese degustation (sheep cheese). It's good!

dsc04407c.jpg

and local olive oil on the typical carasau bread

dsc04409i.jpg

and finally the infamous MIRTO. It's a typical liqueur made from myrtus plants. I think these guys had the real thing, not the stuff you can buy in the supermarkets.

dsc04413m.jpg

not bad

dsc04415u.jpg

after 3 or 4 different kinds of mirto degustations I feel like mirto is good shit!

dsc04416b.jpg

I took a small bottle home. great deal! see you tomorrow guys!

dsc04429b.jpg

Thanks guys!

The owner of our apartment really looks like a mafia guy. But he was very kind this morning. He picked some things from the garden for us:

tomatoes and aubergines for later

dsc04431k.jpg

and figs. Add some nutella for an hypercaloric breakfast.

Anyone knows Nutella?

dsc04435qxn.jpg

and what's an italian tour without a Pasta?

I'll show you how to do it properly.

We have to content ourselves of this holiday apartment kitchen which is not the best but hey...

Put some water to boil

dsc04438r.jpg

cut the aubergines the mafia guy gave us into small slices

dsc04439u.jpg

and the tomatoes too

dsc04441t.jpg

dsc04443t.jpg

let them cook together on a low heat

dsc04444i.jpg

adding some olive oil and table salt

dsc04446d.jpg

when the water starts boiling, add some cooking salt. This is enough for 2 persons

dsc04447z.jpg

pomata: Ah Verona, I've been there several times. The City flag of verona is the same as the Swedish one :).

I've been spending summer vacation in a small town called Lazise, for a total of 10 whole summer vacations. I haven't been there for like 4 years though. I like Lago Di Garda, and Italy. It's really beatiful!

ok, the cooking time of the Pasta is fundamental!

we're cooking this brown (wholemeal, you call it?) Pasta which is rich in fibers and good stuff but all you have to look at is the thickness of it.

dsc04450.jpg

This one requires about 10 minutes. Thinner pasta cooks faster, like 6-7 minutes.

But don't trust what it's written on the box, just taste it! I like when it's cooked but not flabby. It doesn't have to be crunchy of course, but still a bit tonic (does this make sense? I hope you get what I mean). We call it al dente. That's exactly the time you have to take it out from the water.

dsc04448jkm.jpg

After putting the cooking salt in the water, add your Pasta and let it cook for the time required.

dsc04452lnq.jpg

When it's ok, strain it.

dsc04454h.jpg

There's this thing that I really miss a lot when I'm far from Italy.

Someone calls it induridòr (the hardener..for its legendary aphrodisiac properties). The original Parmesan, Parmigiano Reggiano.

dsc04456j.jpg

I grate some on the Pasta and that's all!

dsc04458.jpg

After-lunch chilling with a good read, Paul's book. Heartily suggested!

Book looks interesting. However how comes that version is like $100+ on amazon?! There appears to be an older version as well is there any difference anyone knows of?

pomata: Ah Verona, I've been there several times. The City flag of verona is the same as the Swedish one :).

I've been spending summer vacation in a small town called Lazise, for a total of 10 whole summer vacations. I haven't been there for like 4 years though. I like Lago Di Garda, and Italy. It's really beatiful!

Yeah, I think it is the Savoy flag. I lived in Chambéry, France for a summer. That area around the Alps (French, Italian, and Swiss), all used to be part of the Kingdom of Savoie. Really beautiful area. Great food, nice people. Seeing these pics from Pomata makes me wish I was back. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Great job on the updates.

thanks, guys!

@Paulo: I think this version is bigger than the other but I don't know about other differences, you can ask directly to Paul T on this board, he wrote the book.

@cottoncraft: denim in Verona is a sad matter, she can try Double5 they have some LVCs and Nudies or SlamJam store here's the link:

http://www.slamjam.com/blk/index.php?page_id=64

they had some very nice (and expensive) Edwins limited edition the last time I was there. Ciao!

It was very windy today, some guys were gliding

dsc04465.jpg

mmm. one of my favourites icecreams. Cream, choco and zabaglione between two biscuits with a silly joke stamped on them.

dsc04473l.jpg

this mom still has a nice body!

dsc04523x.jpg

the cool weather allows me to wear my jinzu and do some training (mostly trying to break my back)

dsc04483h.jpg

dsc04489h.jpg

dsc04490q.jpg

dsc04525.jpg

dsc04493.jpg

Even if 4 sizes too big, these Ooes still have a good fit on my girlfriend!

dsc04508.jpg

dsc04512y.jpg

dsc04514s.jpg

this is one of my neighbours. believe me, this guy is bigger than me! I've never seen an ostrich like this before, not that I've seen so many but it's kinda scary.

dsc04519w.jpg

dsc04521m.jpg

that's all for today (maybe). see you soon!