how do you wash yours

tg76

I have been wearing my SC 47s for about 4 months now, and I think I washed at the end of the first month and then every week or two after that. I wash with a little detergent and some borax in either the sink or tub....sometimes I soak them with my Mister Freedom chambrays which I also handwash weekly. I tossed them in the drier after last weeks wash because I didn't have time to hang dry them before work, and I am rolling with only one pair of jeans right now. If my next pair of jeans is from Mister Freedom, it is highly likely I will only wash before having repairs done.

let me know what you think...

I think if you gonna become the Tyler Durden of SuFu you need to know how to spell surfactants: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surfactant

just messin, but the more you know, right?

As for me, its been hottest water / heavy load / bronners in a front loading machine, then hang dry indoors, but maybe for my next wash I'm going hand wash.

BTW, i'm going into production soon making homemade soap( vegetable-oil and lye old-school amish-style). i havent settled what oils to use, coconut is said to have the best cleaning properties, olive-oil is dear to my muslim heart, and shea-butter is just the african in me. i refuse to even touch lard, so it's NOT an option. yuck. i might make a mix of all three. commercial lye is easier to procure, but im willing to make my own lye from oak-wood ash if it adds more authenticity although its mad more labor-intensive. please give me any opinions, info, etc., cause i want this to be a soap for the body and clothes, but primarily for the denim-heads. the lye-soap im using on my FC works great, and its not 'intended' to be anything but body soap. lye itself is rough-stuff, but the soap is not hard on skin or indigo-dyed denim. so i know if i slightly augment the formula i'll have a winner. im still undecided whether i'll leave it unscented, or add an essential oil for fragrance. let me know what you think...

Sounds like Fight Club... You should use liposuction fat.

edit: yeah, stacks beat me to making the obvious pop culture reference.

salaami i want some of that soap when you get around to making it.

on the jeans i've owned, i usually do wait 4-6 months before the first wash just because they don't get that bad in terms of smell. I usually just throw them in the washer with hot water and whatever detergent i have on hand and then hang them out to dry in the sun (i know people are afraid of drying in direct sun, but c'mon are you telling me that you don't wear jeans in the day?)

i plan on handwashing my current pair whenever they smell bad, not sure what to use as soap/detergent just yet.

only time i've washed so far has been more of an agitated hot soak because i got this weird period blood looking stain from a shitty handstamp that rubbed off onto my crotch.

top loading machine from like 1992, detergentless hot wash, but only left in for the first agitation cycle and skipped the following spin cycle/another agitation/another spin. hung to dry.

all it really did was get rid of excess indigo in a more extreme manner than normal, as i didn't really see any change in color/contrast at all, just more pronounced fading in wearing afterwards.

i think i'm gonna try an ocean wash at the end of the summer if i can get enough wear (routine 110 degree weather doesnt make for easy jean-wearing), but only because i live right by the beach and would hate to pass up an opportunity like this one.

beatle is the hottest thing since sunlight. i just wanted to say that.

BTW, i warned you all that my english spelling is fucked. a word like 'surfactant' had no chance with me. now i'm searching google to find out who Tyler Durden is...

oh, he's a charismatic psychopath...it fits. i admit ive never seen fight club...i must watch it tonight!

when i whip up some soap i'll make an announcement on this thread. i'm not trying to get rich, so it SHOULD be moderately priced...

Depending on the jean, I use either my box of samurai thunder soap, or All free & clear.

In the basement of my building are three washers, all about 10 years apart in age. The one from the 1980s is the crappiest in terms of its ability to agitate, but is also the gentlest and the only one which allows you to set strength of agitation and water temp separately. I always use gentle cycle, but depending on how dirty the jawns are I'll adjust the water temp. The samurai AI10SP get hot water always because those fuckers wont lose indigo if you had a bull stomp on them continuously for week.

Hang dry inside out, usually with a cat on them (for some reason my youngest cat LOVES sleeping on wet jeans. he's a weirdo though)

yea that's what all my tattoo artists friends say...it'll feel like just an itchy bitty tiny antbite...well guess i haven't found anything that i want to commit to for life. or i'm just being a wimp heh.

anyway back to the subject at hand - i know there's special detergent made by a few denim makers particularly Samurai's Thunder soap and Sugarcane (don't remember the name). anyone have any recommendations on this - the kind of detergent for what kind of denim (slubby type, raw type etc)

and most importantly - where and how much.

They're nothing to fear. I have a huge one on my back and I spent most of the time reading eragon...

anyway back to the subject at hand - i know there's special detergent made by a few denim makers particularly Samurai's Thunder soap and Sugarcane (don't remember the name). anyone have any recommendations on this - the kind of detergent for what kind of denim (slubby type, raw type etc)

and most importantly - where and how much.

the SC soap (Vintage Wash & Premium Care) is available on rakuten, it's around $30 for a 10-pack. (look up sugarcane SC01150)

you might want to try calling Self Edge or B.I.G. to check if it's available there, or if they can order it for you.

yeah + no reason to be afraid of tattoos....especially the arm doesn't hurt at all..

and yes - the fit of those Evisus was great - I can`t wait to hold these in my hands again...

2255936738_9b665766c6.jpg

2255144401_96e253aeab.jpg

okay -back on track - post wash pics...******************

we ended up taking a 32 for size 30 ppl...don´t forget - they fall different after a couple of wears

but also - it looks like ur really skinny - so even if you size down one more u will always have more room around thighs and hips...