Djrajio Dating Thread/Advice Column

i thought you already as going steady with some vietkonger.

yeah i was but now we're only fucking.

...women.

but yeah, so the story with that girl up there is that i was at a house party with some friends, and this girl saw some painting that i did a couple years ago that i gave to my friend who was hosting. the girl was all interested but i was drunk as fuck (as you can probably see by my previous post), so i was probably acting dumb but still managed to get her number anyway. playing the "artist" card is too easy sometimes, especially with cwgs

Are you asking to whether to call her or asking whether she'll call you?

It really doesn't matter in either case because first impressions count and you fucked it up already.

Isn't that the irony of it all?

i think you know this already, but a girl ain't gonna give out her number if the first impression is bad. so i clearly didn't make THAT bad of a FIRST impression. like i said up there, she was the one that initially showed the interest, i was just too drunk to KEEP building value in myself.

i might call her later in the week, but i don't really care. i made that post because i was drunk and felt a little embarrassed after realizing what happened.

btw, i don't know what you're talking about with the irony of the situation

Guest jmatsu
still wondering: is it kosher to take a girl out in her own neighborhood, especially if the neighborhood has good restaurants? or is that tacky?

not even about whether shit is tacky or not. if you take her on a date in her hood u lose the upper hand.

still wondering: is it kosher to take a girl out in her own neighborhood, especially if the neighborhood has good restaurants? or is that tacky?

You're in NYC, not a big deal really since shit is so close. A dope place is a dope place. Plus, a new location is a taxi ride away. Also good to change scenery too. I'd have a few places in mind for afterwards if you're worried, but really I don't think its a big deal.

girl lives up in Hell's Kitchen, which is a good area, but kinda far from any of the dope downtown spots, so I'm less inclined to take a cab cause it will hurt my wallet, which is focused on the girly and making her time with me the nicest possible (in terms of monetary exchange to achieve "nicest time possible"). I can be charming and whatnot, but it never hurts to be in the neighborhood in case things turn in my favor. Though I doubt a first date will be so successful, it's happened before, so ya never know.

djraj, shouldn't we just watch wall street and or boiler room?

cuz it's 100 times better than that

NO, because Wall Street and Boiler Room are fucking MOVIES.

THIS IS REAL LIFE.

Look at how he deals w/ losing $6 million in one day.

Notice his comment about a fund manager that gets the shit beat out of him and how he deals w/ clients the next day.

It's all about how you manage expectations and how you deal w/ failiure that determines your success in everything you do (including women).

Paul Tudor now runs a $21 billion dollar hedge fund empire.

This guy is true balla status.

NO, because Wall Street and Boiler Room are fucking MOVIES.

THIS IS REAL LIFE.

Look at how he deals w/ losing $6 million in one day.

Notice his comment about a fund manager that gets the shit beat out of him and how he deals w/ clients the next day.

It's all about how you manage expectations and how you deal w/ failiure that determines your success in everything you do (including women).

Paul Tudor now runs a $21 billion dollar hedge fund empire.

This guy is true balla status.

Knowledge has just been dropped.

That part in the first video about not thinking about the "pie in the sky" shit was true. You can sit across from a girl and imagine dating her, fucking her, whatever.. Or you can talk to her and have a 50% chance of getting her number, 50% chance of a date, 50% chance of a little bump and grind.

Movies don't necessary reflect reality.

Why do chumps bring flowers on the first date?

Or assume that if confess your love to a women she'll magically fall in love with you?

Or assume that even if you are friends, there is potential to become lovers if they do something heroic or some bullshit?

Because Hollywood and movies have distorted our perception of reality and have fertilized the notion that attraction in real life follows the script of a Hollywood movie.

Chumps tend to overly prescribe to this notion because they lack real world experience, so they conduct themselves using what they have been taught by the media.

That's why watching this BULLSHIT (including MTV, music videos, dramas) and playing VIDEOGAMES makes you a weak mother fucker in your game.

However, you can also use this understanding to get the upper-hand as well....

what about bollywood movies.

It's pretty obvious that when falling in love, everyone goes into a song and dance in the Swiss Alps.

So yes, Bollywood movies are a correct reflection of reality.

I've seen two succesful train pickups in the last week. Both girls of African american descent though, it seems those girls are more open to forward 'chopping.' I've been initiated a couple times on the train as well. Once for spinning my pen in complicated ways, and another that I can't remember. Girls who start up conversation are usually pretty fun...

Speaking of American Psycho, I feel like Raj is a real life Patrick bateman without the killing.... or does he DUN DUN DUN. But for realz finance, bitches, sick fits, cool headed the commonalities never end.

I am no Patrick Bateman.

I have a fairly modest job now.

I dress in bro wear and really don't give a fuck about fashion aside from looking clean and well kept.

I tend to get over emotional and make decisions based on emotion. It's a big weakness of mine and everyday I try to improve how I rationalize my decisions and behavior.

Here's a little secret:

Women don't give a fuck about how you dress to a point.

Dressing in expensive rick owens jawns won't help your game.

It will actually hurt it.

As long as you're well kept and clean, you're good.

I think this comes from my idea on congruency.

For example, if you are a rocker / rock band member, live the lifestyle, have a certain "don't a fuck mentality", then the rocker clothing aesthetic is congruent with your personality and actually makes you more attractive.

If you are a fashion designer or work in fashion, then yes, wearing hot jawns might help you. I say might, because relative to a strong interesting personality, fancy clothing will help you only lightly marginally.

However, especially with a lot of guys on this site, if you are overly concerned with your dress, its actually hurts your attractiveness because there is a lack of congruency and you come across as having a certain personality deficiency, especially if your dress is incongruent with your personality.

Got it, i was just interested in what perspective you were in when you wrote that line.

I was also thinking about how girls always say " he spends more on clothes/shoes that me", so your knowledge just added another angle to that whole idea even though it doesn't apply to me but most of sufu.

I think this comes from my idea on congruency.

For example, if you are a rocker / rock band member, live the lifestyle, have a certain "don't a fuck mentality", then the rocker clothing aesthetic is congruent with your personality and actually makes you more attractive.

If you are a fashion designer or work in fashion, then yes, wearing hot jawns might help you. I say might, because relative to a strong interesting personality, fancy clothing will help you only lightly marginally.

However, especially with a lot of guys on this site, if you are overly concerned with your dress, its actually hurts your attractiveness because there is a lack of congruency and you come across as having a certain personality deficiency, especially if your dress is incongruent with your personality.

knowledge.

been.

dropped.

In keeping with what Raj just said, women don't want to mess with dudes that are gonna fuss over getting caught in the rain in their dry denim, or worrying about getting their $500 boots muddy or some shit like that. Women want men who are ready (or seem to be ready) to handle whatever situations come up as they happen, no matter what your image is, rocker, stock broker, fisherman, whatever. If you can't pick your girl up in your arms because your jacket has to be extra-slim and your jeans are sized down 3 sizes, you are destined to fail in the long run.