so, i'm having a pair of jeans made . . . .

mizanation

denim types.

three types available on hand. if you want another type of denim, ask me and he can order it:

tight weave. this fades very nicely:

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

loose weave. this denim is very slubby:

slubbyloose.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

left hand twill:

he has tight weave denim that is left-hand twill. i don't have a pic right now, maybe later. basically looks like the tight weave denim but the weave goes the other way. also, ever so slightly lighter shade of indigo.

all three types of denim are about 14.5 oz.

ok, here are the much awaited measurements on his different cuts...

these are all AFTER wash measurements. all measurements are in centimeters.

1947 cut:

SIZE 28

waist 71

hip 97

thigh 30.4

knee 21.5

leg opening 18.5

rise 26.5

inseam 88

SIZE 30

waist 76

hip 102

thigh 31.6

knee 22.5

leg opening 19.5

rise 27

inseam 88

SIZE 32

waist 81

hip 107

thigh 32.8

knee 23.5

leg opening 20.5

rise 27.5

inseam 88

SIZE 34

waist 86

hip 112

thigh 34

knee 24.5

leg opening 21.5

rise 28

inseam 88

SIZE 36

waist 91

hip 117

thigh 35.2

knee 25

leg opening 22

rise 28.5

inseam 88

SIZE 38

waist 96

hip 122

thigh 36.4

knee 25.5

leg opening 22.5

rise 29

inseam 88

1966 cut:

SIZE 28

waist 71

hip 94

thigh 28.9

knee 21

leg opening 18.5

rise 26

inseam 88

SIZE 30

waist 76

hip 99

thigh 30.1

knee 21.5

leg opening 19

rise 26.5

inseam 88

SIZE 32

waist 81

hip 104

thigh 31.3

knee 22

leg opening 19.5

rise 27

inseam 88

SIZE 34

waist 86

hip 109

thigh 32.5

knee 22.5

leg opening 20

rise 27.5

inseam 88

SIZE 36

waist 91

hip 114

thigh 33.7

knee 23

leg opening 20.5

rise 28

inseam 88

ok, here are the much awaited measurements on his different cuts...

1947 cut:

SIZE 28

waist 71

hip 97

thigh 30.4

knee 21.5

leg opening 18.5

rise 26.5

inseam 88

SIZE 30

waist 76

hip 102

thigh 31.6

knee 22.5

leg opening 19.5

rise 27

inseam 88

SIZE 32

waist 81

hip 107

thigh 32.8

knee 23.5

leg opening 20.5

rise 27.5

inseam 88

SIZE 34

waist 86

hip 112

thigh 34

knee 24.5

leg opening 21.5

rise 28

inseam 88

SIZE 36

waist 91

hip 117

thigh 35.2

knee 25

leg opening 22

rise 28.5

inseam 88

SIZE 38

waist 96

hip 122

thigh 36.4

knee 25.5

leg opening 22.5

rise 29

inseam 88

Hey guys,

Just letting you know how mine shrunk. I think Miz did the 34 size from me. My wash may be a bit hotter than Kuniyoshi-sans, because my shrank up a bit more than the one wash sizing. I was trying to get all the shrinkage out of the inseam.

Unfortunately, I did not measure directly after washing, I just started trying to get the waist back to the sizing I got when they first arrived. That said, I got my waist back to 86cm using a piece of wood in the waistband. I also stretched the leg opening from 20 to 21cm thru blood, sweat and tears. Here are the measurements I have now.

waist: 86

Front rise: 28

Back rise: 38

Thigh: 33

Knee: 22.5

leg opening: 21

If you want to see a fit pic, I had a bike meet-up with fellow Sufu-er You Ren at my place in Shanghai. Here is the link in "is evisu still loved" thread: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=1987383#post1987383

I think if you are looking for a more vintage fit, you may want to size up. Although the rise is quite low. It is actually cut quite similar to the Evisu Vintage 2000 cut. You can check out the measurements for the Evisu #2000, Lot 1 on BIG's site. After the Evisu's shrink according to BIG's estimates, they are almost exactly the same.

Hey guys,

Just letting you know how mine shrunk. I think Miz did the 34 size from me. My wash may be a bit hotter than Kuniyoshi-sans, because my shrank up a bit more than the one wash sizing. I was trying to get all the shrinkage out of the inseam.

Unfortunately, I did not measure directly after washing, I just started trying to get the waist back to the sizing I got when they first arrived. That said, I got my waist back to 86cm using a piece of wood in the waistband. I also stretched the leg opening from 20 to 21cm thru blood, sweat and tears. Here are the measurements I have now.

waist: 86

Front rise: 28

Back rise: 38

Thigh: 33

Knee: 22.5

leg opening: 21

If you want to see a fit pic, I had a bike meet-up with fellow Sufu-er You Ren at my place in Shanghai. Here is the link in "is evisu still loved" thread: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=1987383#post1987383

what kind of denim did you choose? hows it stretching so far? i want to get a pair but don't know if i should size down for stretching....

what kind of denim did you choose? hows it stretching so far? i want to get a pair but don't know if i should size down for stretching....

The last measurements I posted are post wash. No tumble-dry. Just line-dry. The shrinking should have been the maximum. I washed on my washing machine's highest setting no detergent. About 95 degrees celsius.

Unfortunately, the worst part of it all is that I boiled my patch. It was only treated with wax before the wash, and now it is hard as a rock. Miz suggested that with leather oil it may have been ok. I am not sure if there is any way to bring it back. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. I am sick about it. That patch was my favorite part. I think maybe the cowhide patch would have taken the heat a bit better than the Ishigaki, as looks similar to my SC patches, and I didn't have problems with those in the extreme hot water.

No worries Miz, the fit pics from the "Is Evisu Still Loved" thread are post wash and stretch, so I was able to get them back to wearable condition. I just hope I get more stretch in the crotch area.

Miz can we get some odd sizes like 33 & 35?

sorry, only even sizes for now...

Miz does he also make women's jeans? figure it'd be cool to get a pair for myself and the gf too

he has one women's jeans pattern. it's a mid-rise, not low or high. only available in sanforized and not available with selvedge denim.

in a couple weeks we will have a new cut available that is based on the dior 19 cm.

@OP__ what's the weight on the tight weave LHT? 14oz? srsly considering the 47's... just deciding on the trims.

the LHT is about 14.5 oz.

both contests will really heat up in the next 2-3 months. a double volante contest in the future would be a real treat. the sam contest was great, but imho the warehouse contest was the best. the denime contest might be the best yet, because it spans 2 years, which should lead to even more advanced fades. i think 2 years should be the standard anyway, although i doubt most would agree...@ 6-12 months the jawns are just getting good, the next year(or more) really makes them stand out

the sam contest was such an experiment.

denime makes better denim than samurai imo.