Left Field Jeans

scotty2

oof, that is some heavy stuff! I've shot some stuff on my parent's old FM3 with a 50mm 1.8, my film favorites were tri-x and that kodak 200 stuff. Typical CVS stuff, but it's fun. I'd love to get a modern film camera if the opportunity ever presents itself.

Also, Left Field related, I just saw a guy wearing Chelseas in my college cafeteria. I've also seen a guy wearing that tweed fill stuff from a few years back.

Before my time - but my guess is from when LF sold to Need Supply.  It's always cool to see an order come in from Richmond since I always thought no one had any idea about Superfuture stuff.

Since there's some camera talk going on - felt like I needed to post a picture of my camera bag from about a year ago.  

e6A3qh4.jpg

I have the AIS version. Don't tell me you actually own a Noctilux too...

I wish, lol. But my other username is right since I do own a Grandagon. 

Before my time - but my guess is from when LF sold to Need Supply.  It's always cool to see an order come in from Richmond since I always thought no one had any idea about Superfuture stuff.

Since there's some camera talk going on - felt like I needed to post a picture of my camera bag from about a year ago.  

e6A3qh4.jpg

Noice. I always liked the Mamiya 7 but ended up going with the GF670 since it's more portable.  Also nice Sebenza.

Here's two of my current go to film cameras I posted awhile back on r/rawdenim.

va1xpbX.jpg

SA3NgfQ.jpg

Edited by Noctilux

e6A3qh4.jpg

I had no idea that LF had ever sold to Need! It's not so surprising, though, I remember the first time I went in there they had stacks of vintage label Momotaro, among other things I'm sure.

I'd sure like to give medium or large format a try at some point. My dad used to have a large format view camera, but claims that he lost it. I'm not sure how exactly one loses a camera so large, but I digress.

Part 1

Last weekend mfarmtown, jortslife, and I had a little sweatpants meetup in Chicago. I shot a couple rolls of film to document the adventures. Sadly Calumet, the only good quality 1 hour photo place in chicago, decided to go bankrupt over the weekend so I had to relinquish my film to the hellish place called Walgreens "Photo Center." As expected, the crops are kinda off and the IQ isn't that great, but whatever. Okay, enough complaining from me. On to the adventure.

mfarmtown and I took the train from Rogers Park to meet up with jortslife in Lakeview.

13424744673_50fe136ee9.jpg

Jortslife had picked out this coffee shop called Bad Wolf Coffee, where we got some...well, coffee. Obviously. Pretty enjoyable in my opinion.

13424630425_1c2e535f8f.jpg

The place is very bare bones, with no chairs and only a long table to stand around. We did just that, and talked about denim stuff and left field things for quite a while.

13424628585_ea3df54d68.jpg

Jortslife's flight jacket lying on the table

13424750443_2bd5b9d1ae.jpg

We eventually realized that we were all pretty starved and went on a search for some food in the area. 

13424752133_f31af52a3b.jpg

We stumbled upon a Chipotle on the way to the train and enjoyed the nice chairs for sitting. After admiring mfarmtown's shoe fades, I dug into my carnitas tacos and tried my best not to spill all over my sweats. 

13425001604_30ee9440a8.jpg

Obligatory shot of jortslife's wonderful new tattoo. 

13425003374_88d9e1a7b1.jpg

Once we finished eating, we went outside in search of a place to do some fit pics for jortslife. We found a nice big grey wall around the corner with a random mural on it, so I decided it was good enough.

I'll stop here. Next post will be of jortslife's sweatpants "photoshoot"

Hahahahaha that minivan made my day. And isn't that always the problem with being the designated photographer? At the end of the day, there's a bunch of great photos of everyone having a great time but you.

Anyway, the sweats are turning out to be super interesting, there's nothing like a photo bomb to really show you what something looks like (failing actually having it)

Great pictures @Formula Pfaff! Looks like you guys had a great time.

@jortslife definitely gets extra points for the booty shot and minivian shot. That picture needs to be on an album cover.

Great pictures @Formula Pfaff! Looks like you guys had a great time.

@jortslife definitely gets extra points for the booty shot and minivian shot. That picture needs to be on an album cover.

agreed.

Hmmm. I'd probably have a "real life" attraction to this girl.

Very cute and a nice fitting pair of jeans.

she's a junior angel because she's 17. sorry boys.

agreed.

she's a junior angel because she's 17. sorry boys.

I had just never considered that the chelsea would work on some girls. Unfortunately not for my girlfriend, she'd need a 26 or 27 and doesn't like high rise pants.

Great photo set guys.  Looks like you had a fun time.  @jortslife looks like a fun dude! #nohomo

Still trying to decide whether I want to hem or not.  My problem is they feel larger on me than they really are.  Any ideas?

gMDT5G2l.jpg

Can confirm, jortslife is indeed a fun dude.

Also, in regards to hemming I decided to leave it longer because more stacks mean more places to fade in my mind. However, mine would definitely look more clean with less stacking. That was my whole thought process for mine at least. For you, I think they look cool as is, but if you want to try to rock sweats that don't look like sweats, then hemming would get you closer to that look. Your stacks do look cool as is though. 

Thanks for uploading all the photos formulapfaff. It was indeed a fun day and I'll cherish that minivan photo for the rest of my life. It couldn't have turned out better.

Really, the only thing that could have made it better was if you were flexing that sweet hot dog tat. 

I wish my friends and I actually had camera's to take pictures like that.  

You could buy a Nikon N2020 on ebay in great condition for 15$ and then get a Nikon 50mm 1.8 AF lens from keh for 69$ in lightly used condition. You could have made very similar shots with that equipment. Film photography is so easy to get into price wise, it just can add up in price if you shoot a ton.

If I might ask, why a hot dog?

I've lived in Chicago for about 3 years, but am moving back to CA. I wanted to get something remember my time here. Couldn't really think of anything else and I thought it was kinda fun. And then yeah it's a Chicago dog, so not just any ol hot dog.

I've lived in Chicago for about 3 years, but am moving back to CA. I wanted to get something remember my time here. Couldn't really think of anything else and I thought it was kinda fun. And then yeah it's a Chicago dog, so not just any ol hot dog.

Ah, ok. It's cool regardless!

You could buy a Nikon N2020 on ebay in great condition for 15$ and then get a Nikon 50mm 1.8 AF lens from keh for 69$ in lightly used condition. You could have made very similar shots with that equipment. Film photography is so easy to get into price wise, it just can add up in price if you shoot a ton.

Yeah, it's all about a nikon!