Lent

pete mcstunna

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn it its day one and i failed. right before i went to go pick up my mom from work i got hungry and grabbed a cheeseburger, i ate it while driving to her work and she was all 'you're not supposed to eat meat today when she saw teh bag'

so i guess i have innocently sinned, burger was good though so its ok

Taught a lesson on it today. Went ok. Not giving anything up though. Fuck that

yo walking around campus today seeing all the kids with black dots on their foreheads made me laugh pretty hard. At one point I laughed very loudly at this obese teacher climbing a flight of stairs and huffing and his little ash dot was mixing with his perspiration and it looked as if his third eye was crying.

hahahaha. white dotheads.

What's the dot supposed to symbolize? I didn't even know people did that till today.

its a cross, a sign of repentance... marking the first day of Lent

not many catholics and lutherans here huh?

I'm not religious, but my girlfriend is... sorta. She does the lent thing every year and I usually join her in the same things to make it easier on her. This year it's any (deep) fried food. Not very hard except for if we happen to stop for fast food... which I don't expect to happen really. She extended it to count flash-fried stuff which makes it a game, really. Still allowed shit like bacon and taco meat, confusingly. Oh well, it will work better than giving up pop.

For the hell of it, because of circumstances anyways, I'm not buying any clothing for this either. Hopefully this means sales can start after Easter, heh.