supernerds: MTG discussion, vintage type two legacy you name it.

sawn-off chef

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was referring to brainstorm i think. In vintage is is that good, it's basically like ancestral recall for combo, plus it does a lot of neat other tricks. To me though it defined the appropriate power level for vintage and didn't surpass it, but i guess 4 of them was too much for the DCI.

I was talking about Divining Top. The card is good, but I don't think good enough to be banned.

I know all about the power of Brainstorm. I was primarily a controlgro or combo player in 1.5.

I never knew Top was banned.

I never really look at anything but vintage, a little legacy. I feel like Wizards/the DCI just doesn't like having cards that are fair and good, they'd rather have a shittier cardpool so the useless shit they print is more likely to be used in someting. All in the name of "fun play" or some bullshit

does landho play mtg? i mean i went to the world championships in indianapolis so i may count as that? but jeep probably has biggest collection.

you went to the world championships?

surprised you didn't know Landho...i think his name is Lan D. Ho, that sound more familiar? Apparently he was a pro player. I'll let him fill the rest of the blanks in...i am out of the loop

wow on the right side of my screen there is a DBSS advertisement , patent leather in black, looks like some high tech raf simons/rick owens orgy.

i was never immersed in the whole "culture" i played, i had fun, i made a couple friends but i didn't make it into a lifestyle. i would probably guess though that lan is a type two player while i'm a type one so we probably had no interaction. but yes i went to worlds for type one and legacy haha.

edit: the patent dbss are garbage.

yo smenen is a fucking closet gay i swear to fucking god, but yeah he was a solid dude, the bearded guy he's tight with played me and i took it to game three with sensei verses stax the fucking DAY pithing needle was let in so i was fighting hard hahaha. and yeah vintage worlds you didn't need a qualifier you just were allowed to go, i beat the polish world champion. my friend andy probasco got second, this was probably like 05ish i'd like to say.