supernerds: MTG discussion, vintage type two legacy you name it.

sawn-off chef

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll nerd out.

I started in Ice Age and played for a few years in jr high through like junior year in highschool with some friends who played. Every year or two, one of them will want to play and we just dick around and play.

Two years ago, we started playing again and did some T2 friday night magic shit, then found out about legacy on mondays at the same joint. We all had our old cards, so we played that mostly. The cooler dudes (in the realm of CCG players, I guess) seemed to play legacy, so we played a lot. One friend of mine was on some pro-tour shit after I stopped playing.

In legacy I played modified ravager affinity/control and tendril storm.

I ended up selling most of my better cards and walked away with $300, but I still have the majority of them somewhere.

I like drafting because it's more about skill and outplaying your opponent rather than matchups, plus I'm terrible at sideboarding which isn't as much of a factor. And I think I like extended better than all the other constructed formats, I haven't played T2 in a while but it seems so boring right now, it's basically you play white based control or white based aggro.

The last time I played, I was pretty baller about it. I had a lot of disposable income and went buck on some 1.5 staples I never really used. I just bought them to have them.

I should call my friend up and see if he's down to play. I'm bored.

haha. I don't play every weekend but I went and played with some friends one friday night instead of hanging out with my girlfriend. She didn't really care but I felt kind of bad about it after, but it was fun. But yeah, I used to play FNM every friday and weekend tourneys when I could, including some trips up to montreal. good times haha.

if you could get into nyc you could take a train and i could shuttle sufu members from my house to the station and they could go back to the city from there. i know hollywood lives in ny, jeepster is like 30 minutes away from me, moneytuff if you come to the states and would like to partake that'd be great.