supernerds: MTG discussion, vintage type two legacy you name it.

sawn-off chef

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's that shit where your deck is like 250 cards or whatever? As I stopped playing, it got sort of popular around here. That always looked fun.

are you thinking of highlander? you could play only one of each card in that gametype. there was also some ruleset where you played no lands, but could choose to play any card as a mana source. shit was weird.

then there was this great card in odyssey called battle of wits that allowed you to win the game if you had at least 200 cards in your library, and tons of dudes tried to make it work, but nobody ever really got anywhere.

i'll probably be in new york early september so still a while away

are you thinking of highlander? you could play only one of each card in that gametype. there was also some ruleset where you played no lands, but could choose to play any card as a mana source. shit was weird.

then there was this great card in odyssey called battle of wits that allowed you to win the game if you had at least 200 cards in your library, and tons of dudes tried to make it work, but nobody ever really got anywhere.

i'll probably be in new york early september so still a while away

Yeah, I think it was highlander.

If I end up moving to Philly, I'd be down for some eastcoast nerd meetup. Being in Chicago now sort of makes it unfeasible.

I never learned to play any of these game types or w/e

just played the normal, tourny way? but like informally between friends

yo anyone cop any of the newer sets? my cousin pulling some treefolk deck shit that I haven't beat yet without a bunch of flyers

turning all his shit invincible, got trample

shit plus they like 10/10s within 4 turns

any way to counter this? no blue deck. fast life burn isn't fast enough

yeah I don't think I could do it soon either because of school, summer probably.

I never learned to play any of these game types or w/e

just played the normal, tourny way? but like informally between friends

yo anyone cop any of the newer sets? my cousin pulling some treefolk deck shit that I haven't beat yet without a bunch of flyers

turning all his shit invincible, got trample

shit plus they like 10/10s within 4 turns

any way to counter this? no blue deck. fast life burn isn't fast enough

counterspells and WoG? In short, 5c control or faeries or any tourny level deck really.

this is definitely going to happen in the summer, it'll be great. but type 4 is a player created game where you have a deck of around 400-1000 cards and each player gets to pick a card out of 8 cards dealt and then the players make a deck out of the cards they pick. then each players get one spell per turn, and on top of that its infinite mana, so in essence you could win first turn, it's a sudden death game but its amazing and has so much fun involved.

Guest barbarian

holy shit didn't know sufu had any mtg following at all

played so much back in the day, mostly with friends, only sanctioned games I played were limited because I hate standard and didn't have the cards/skill for extended.

Started when I was fairly young around Urza's Legacy, stopped right after Invasion, got back into it for a bit at around Torment. Funnily enough, my friend told me yesterday that he had the urge to play mtg again so I think we're getting together this weekend to play.

Wow, I cant believe there are so many MTG players/explayers on SuFu. Not something you would expect... I havent played in like 4-5 years. I started around Prophecy and stopped at Scourge.

Used to play a black/blue deck, based around Psychatog, was unbeatable back then. I used to play at Hurricane in Flushing for tourneys and stuff, shit was serious there. If there really is gonna be a Magic tourney or something, I'll nerd it up and break out the deck.