supernerds: MTG discussion, vintage type two legacy you name it.

sawn-off chef

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasnt pro (quit playing at age 15 or so, could never keep up with the game financially) but i played online a lot and knew the format quite well.

I think Affinity was ok (other than Skullclamp obviously, HOW THE FUCK DID THEY EVER EVEN THINK IT WAS OK TO PRINT THAT CARD), it made great use of mechanics and had superb synergy but wasn't stupidly broken. Overpowered is OK as long as there isn't a single deck/card that dominates a format.

i wasnt pro (quit playing at age 15 or so, could never keep up with the game financially) but i played online a lot and knew the format quite well.

I think Affinity was ok (other than Skullclamp obviously, HOW THE FUCK DID THEY EVER EVEN THINK IT WAS OK TO PRINT THAT CARD), it made great use of mechanics and had superb synergy but wasn't stupidly broken. Overpowered is OK as long as there isn't a single deck/card that dominates a format.

Umezawa

used in every deck during kami-block :\

I'm 99% sure I'm transferring to a school in NYC next year, so I'll be down this summer to look at schools most likely, and I'll be down next semester obviously. I'm going to be down in april also but I probably won't have time to meetup and play magic.

Leaving tomorrow morning to film Pro Tour: Kyoto.

Talked to my friend tonight and the store is definitely opening. They are having a soft opening on April 1 and the grand opening proper on May 1.

Good luck, mages.

what format is the pt?

Theres a ptq for honolulu this weekend near me but I don't have an extended deck. Might check it out and see if I can borrow or draft.

I was good back in the day. Don't want to give too much up, but I'll say that psychatog was the deck that led me to most of my glory. God I love that deck so much. Keeper and fish are the only decks that give me similar amounts of joy. BTW, I hate the fuck out of the fact that keeper is not really competitive in t1 anymore. Fuck dat shit.

Still feel the urge every once in a while. But don't have the financial means to swing college, jawnz and mtg at the same time. Also sold all my cards...If anyone wants to swing by Boston and lend me a deck, though, I'm down like James Brown.

yes I would've rather played with a tier 1 deck that actually requires some thought and choice (the extent of my games were turn 2 guy, turn 3 guy turn 4 guy or removal and attacking, kind of boring.) like 5c control or something, but beggars can't be choosers I guess. Was fun for showing up and asking people if they had a deck I could borrow.

what is "keeper"

4 Remove Soul

4 Esper Charm

4 Wrath of God

4 Cryptic Command

4 Resounding Thunder

3 Runed Halo

4 Negate

3 Oblivion Ring

2 Beacon of Immortality

3 Story Circle

1 Oona, Queen of the Fae

2 Vivid Marsh

2 Mistveil Plains

2 Llanowar Wastes

2 Sunken Ruins

3 Mystic Gate

4 Reflecting Pool

4 Vivid Meadow

4 Vivid Creek

2 Vivid Crag

2 Memory Plunder

2 Wheel of Sun and Moon

3 Batwing Brume

3 Condemn

2 Crucible of Worlds

3 Jund Charm

This type of shizz? Looks awful...

that deck has tons of jank in it.

more like this:

Creatures

2 Broodmate Dragon

2 Cloudthresher

4 Mulldrifter

3 Plumeveil

Other Spells

3 Broken Ambitions

4 Cryptic Command

4 Esper Charm

1 Courier's Capsule

2 Path To Exile

1 Terror

3 Volcanic Fallout

1 Ajani Vengeant

2 Cruel Ultimatum

2 Wrath Of God

Lands

3 Island

2 Cascade Bluffs

2 Flooded Grove

2 Mystic Gate

4 Reflecting Pool

1 Sunken Ruins

2 Vivid Crag

4 Vivid Creek

2 Vivid Marsh

4 Vivid Meadow

this is the list pat chapin played at some PT.