make a case for the unlocking of waywt shit talking thread.

haptronic

People usually shit talk instead of giving a good critique so that they don't waste their time. If the person whose fit is being shit talked is serious and wants to make some sort of improvement then they can ask advice and people generally give advice either in rep/pm or in the STT. You don't just give someone a critique off the bat, you need to see if they care first.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where did you get this idea from?

I AM FULL OF HATE!!!!

I HAVE SO MUCH HATE IN ME THAT I AM EXPLODING FROM HATE

I AM MADE OUT OF HATE

I AM THE HATE MACHINE

lets start on some fits...

perhaps not.

to be honest mostly i don't think i am qualified to hate on peoples fits i know a little bit about clothes, and have had some nice compliments from posting my outfits, i have given people advice in real life about clothes.

there are outfits i personally do not like, people's styles i don't like. i guess i have better things to do than sit around and try and get easy meat rep by hating on noobs.

I think the main argument is that some folks choose to use sufu differently than you do, Hap. You admit that you aren't good at critiques, but that doesn't mean that the process of critique, unto itself, isn't both helpful to new members and productive for the board community as a whole.

there are outfits i personally do not like, people's styles i don't like. i guess i have better things to do than sit around and try and get easy meat rep by hating on noobs.

I have given people advice too. Help people out in the appropriate question or specific brand threads, was even bored and responded to some lame noob's pm about helping his fit i negged.

But on your last point, not everyone feels the same way as you. I think it's a bit stupid to expect everyone to behave as you. Thinking like you, or hell, even liking you, is not something every forum member has to do. Some people don't like me on here, some don't like me on styleforum. Some like me, some are indifferent. Such is life.

landho- Thank you. Also, fuck UF. I hope they get slaughtered and the air is completely sucked out of the city for friday.

I'm flagging all the posts ragging on me for typing too much. Why so mean?

I think the main argument is that some folks choose to use sufu differently than you do, Hap. You admit that you aren't good at critiques, but that doesn't mean that the process of critique, unto itself, isn't both helpful to new members and productive for the board community as a whole.

you seem to have misread.

it is not that i am not good at critiques, trust me i am.

the process of critique is fantastic, and can be helpful.

hate is not. and especially hateful critiques from people who don't have more knowledge than the person they are critiquing in the first place.

i think you mistook my reticence for something else.

Ok hap. But you ignored the main point of his, which was that not everyone uses sufu the same way you do. Same with my post earlier. You wanted thought out detailed responses but then respond like you did to my post which obviously missed the point and skirted over issues i brought up that many other people agree with. You're not doing a very good job in this thread as pointed out by other members.

I think there's about 10 (5 for some) pages of highly cohesive and valid arguments. If you haven't heard what you want to hear yet, Hap, I'm not sure you're ever going to be convinced.

What would we have to say to convince you at this point? It seems that the only real way would be if I promise not to be mean, which I have no intention of doing. I have no intention of changing how I operate on this site and I don't see why I should have to for such a thread to exist.

Ok hap. But you ignored the main point of his, which was that not everyone uses sufu the same way you do.

or the way you do?

i honestly dont know if any of the 30ish thousand members use the board in the same way as each other.

i don't see how this changes anything i said.

i opened this thread to see if people were ready for the stt again?

i mean both the shit talkers and the people being shit talked.

a few extremely vocal members have spoken up so far, this thread should be given more time to see what others have to say if anything.

edit: After reading your last post, what i meant by that earlier is, we thought the thread was to get your feedback on other user opinions. So far, you haven't really responded to points made is what i and servo were trying to get at

Really, you're the main person with the problem of users either posting stupid/goofy threads, or hating enough to make a fuss about it (creating threads, locking threads, banning people). Other people get bent out of shape when they get hated on and stuff, but getting made fun of happens. It's not that big a deal. If they think it's over the line or something, there is a flag post button. Then you can handle it from there.

edit again: do people ever use that button? just curious

edit: thanks for the neg hap. mine got cutoff since my laptop kinda sucks, but have fun with whatever you're trying to accomplish with this thread and forum in general

If domdomdom's rapid weight loss isn't the decider for the return of the shit talking thread…then I don't know what is. He wouldn't be bulimic if it weren't for all our hard work.

edit: After reading your last post, what i meant by that earlier is, we thought the thread was to get your feedback on other user opinions. So far, you haven't really responded to points made is what i and servo were trying to get at

Really, you're the main person with the problem of users either posting stupid/goofy threads, or hating enough to make a fuss about it (creating threads, locking threads, banning people). Other people get bent out of shape when they get hated on and stuff, but getting made fun of happens. It's not that big a deal. If they think it's over the line or something, there is a flag post button. Then you can handle it from there.

how do you assume to know any of this?

Sad to think that sufu 4.0/hap don't want another nick renshaw situation to happen, as it's mean spirited and unnecessary. That thread was gold though.

you should unlock the thread because it probably saved me from having a heart attack or stroke later in life

I fucking spit my food out on this one. This is so true props to you dom and the STT.

Having thoroughly read and partially enjoyed the last 12 pages, I believe this thread should be renamed: make a case for the unlocking of waywt shit talking thread, but it doesn't really matter because hap will let you type what you want, but then rebuke it with specious reasoning that doesn't really relate to anything that you argued