Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

ever since the idea of DIY arcs Ive been trying to think of some designs I could do, but since the price has been raised up this idea may not fall through. Unless Gordon is lenient on me and gives it to me for og price.

but anyways, here are some ideas that i was planning on doing and hopefully give some to those who are planning to do an arc. I was also thinking of doing the start and end date on each pocket in kanji. that would be cool too. reminiscent of evisu aint it

have fun

Untitled-1copy.png

money and school.

oh yea, the single arcs is kinda like flat headish or whatever. just having fun and seeing what it looks like.

im still down to join the contest. dont know if i should email gordon and ask him about the hook up.

hopefully I do join it. if so, i can make cardstocks for everybody!

soccer and pussy juice would normally(for me) call for a hot soak, but since i got some tea-tree bronners....

well 4real these hold on to indigo very well, so after careful contemplation, ive decided to switch the steez from 'hot soak only'' to''mild hand-wash only''. basically, i wear them to get them dirty, so i'll wear them to get them clean. meaning, i'll just wear them in the shower, and wash them with my body by hand, HOT rinse, and hang dry whenever they need it. i just reinforced the crotch with gordons thread(just ask for it), so i'm trying to live by the axiom that rinsing away nut-grime is good for the life of the denim(crotch). the dye in these is gangsta, so i'm not worried @all about them washing-out. so the regimen is as follows: once a month hot hand wash. thats it. we'll see what happens...

received a mail from Gordon as well; jeans is on its way to Belgium

dropped by local tailor to get a quote for stitching arcs on the back pockets; apparently would set me back 15-20 euro. still doubting if i will go ahead with it; at least have to get my patch sewed in between (do we still get one btw?)

i just wanna remind everyone as their jeans come in, if your pair doesn't fit right then hold off wearing them and maybe we can get a trade thread going

Yes! That's kind of an answer to my question (a few pages back) about exchanges if they don't fit. Also, measure them well before and after you soak/wash so those who get them later know what to expect...

I probably have one of the short inseams going and I just want my jeans before my soon to be one year skulls blow out in the front part of the crotch. No money, no job, I need these bad boys.

Yeah. i was hoping to get employed before plunking cash on an extra pair. Yesterday was disheartening when the price jumped to 255....

...and now today they're $275.:eek:

the gentle hand-wash actually turned the water bluish. i stopped up the tub to collect the water to check the dye-loss. the back is really light compared to the uncrocked areas, due to me constantly sitting on rough surfaces @home(brick porch) and at work (i sit on the parking lot curb and smoke). the knees are pretty light too, but not to the whites. combs will take time to reset. oh well.:o the rest of the jean other than the watch-pocket, and some whiskers coming in is still SUPER dark. i'll post pics in a few days once jeans start arriving. ..

Ok, now that people are starting to get e-mails about their jeans being shipped I think we should discuss start dates.

I don't want to have punish anyone for receiving their jeans sooner than others so I think this is what we should do. Play it like the Warehouse contest, those that get their jeans by the start date can wash/soak them then. But those that don't get them by the start date will be held to the honor system of wearing them a year from their day.

I think a good official start date would be the 13th of February, next Friday. That may be a good half way between some people already having theirs and some not having received them yet.

I'd like for everyone to send me a private message of your start date and i'll update the front page with that info. That way we can keep everyone honest. The newspaper picture will also be required within the thread itself.

What do you guys think?