Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

4 months, right before another wash. I think pictures don't do these justice. The colors are so much richer in person. I'm assuming this goes for all the other pairs too, or maybe I'm just a shitty photographer with a shitty camera.

p7090080.jpg

p7090085.jpg

Love your wiskers and the coin pocket fades coming through your front pocket, Mr HaGa. I know what you mean about capturing true colors. I think I need at least a pro slr like Nikon D300 or Cannon EOS 50D to get some nice pics with these jeans. Btw, how many washes/soaks?

4 months and 3 weeks. Warm soak at 2 months and hand wash at 4 month mark.

DSCN1824.jpg

4 months, right before another wash. I think pictures don't do these justice. The colors are so much richer in person. I'm assuming this goes for all the other pairs too, or maybe I'm just a shitty photographer with a shitty camera.

Nah, I think it's pretty tough to get really good photos of these jeans. The color varies so much in real life depending on the light, good luck capturing that with a camera.

The pocket repair pic was darkened a lot to show the repair. These have been washed pretty regularly. Infrequent washing=frequent repairs, among other things. These have been worn every day, maybe 10 days off total. It's been over 100 degrees here for probably the last 2 weeks at least!

The pocket repair pic was darkened a lot to show the repair. These have been washed pretty regularly. Infrequent washing=frequent repairs, among other things. These have been worn every day, maybe 10 days off total. It's been over 100 degrees here for probably the last 2 weeks at least!

Hand washing or machine?

Jeans look great!

it depends on your hand-wash method. theoretically theres no reason a manual wash should be less effective than a machine. it's all in how you do it.

if anything, i'd think hand-washing would be more effective than machine washing.

pwing and klue,fucking great work,one of the best pages in this thread so far!

seconded. klue, what kind of denim are you using for patches, etc. ? your sewing skills are like that!

yeah, but they've had a week off of manual labor lately. being that i'm overworked and underpaid, i don't know how much more hard work they'll be getting for the rest of the summer...but they've gotten enough for a while i guess.

seconded. klue, what kind of denim are you using for patches, etc. ? your sewing skills are like that!

the denim i use to patch is cone mills 12 oz. selvedge. most of my repairs of recent have been by hand. the arc style repairs are done on a machine.