Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

How would Skulls hold up if you don't really do strenuous work in them? I've looked around, and Skulls seem to be the fit I want the most, but I'm pretty worried about the whole ripping thing. I'd probably be getting the black version. Don't know about 6x6 or not, but I'm curious about how well the two models last.

well if it's any consolation, mine have held up very well. 3 months now and no strange ripping. if the fit is what you're looking for i wouldnt hesitate. they are very nice quality and unless you're draggin your ass on concrete i wouldnt imagine you'll have any problems.

you may consider the flat head 3001 or pbj 005 for similar fit with fewer reported ripping problems.

^^^ i think they look great, but if you wanna show off your selvage, dont do a mounstrous cuff

edit:

ive been wanting some skulls (5010xx 6x6) for a while, but all this talk of jeans falling appart is making me consider saving up some extra cash and getting some flatheads (frontiers or regular) instead or something

thoughts?

Probably just everyday walking and travelling. I'm a student, so no real manual labor, and I have a seperate set of clothing for exercising.

i would sure hope so...

I did practically nothing in mine and they still ripped.

me too

skulls are wack....i washed mine and noticed that the yoke was coming unstitched....now i have a huge hole in the back behind the seem....fucking skulls

i still love the fit though, and the fading is starting to come through pretty nice after that first soak i gave em

I've been wearing a 5010XX in brown for some time now. Am I supposed to expect any kind of fade or contrast on this ?

um....no

I don't mind a little bit of stacking but to me it looks like too much. Why do you guys prefer stacking is it because they help form nice wear behind the knees?

wtf stacking has nothing to do with the back of your knee -__-

it looks COOL thats why

Here are my skull S5010XX 6x6 after two hot soaks. I did not notice any considerable shrinkage in the waste or length.. Tell me what you think of the fit! I will probably send them back to BIG to get hemmed!

QUOTE]

I'm facing the same decision, although BIG is not in the same country as me (I'm in the UK), so might have them hemmed somehwere that doesnt chainstitch -although I am concerned this might end up puting me off them if the job's not good enough.

I'm just stacking mine at present, as I'm not too big a fan of cuffs.

It just boils down to whether or not YOU like them cuffed, or stacked, and if the answer to that is "no", then send em to BIG.

-BTW, Edmond "non wash 7 months treated like a baby" -If you had a baby and didnt wash him/ her for 7 months, you'd be in trouble.

if you guys wanna get em hemmed. Send em to gordon. He will not fuck up your jeans

second thing, wear the jeans for a while and wait until they begin to drape more naturally. The stacking will be signifigantly different when the jeans soften up.

I personally rock my jeans several different ways so the extra length is a neccesity!

thats all

cheers

i would sure hope so...

me too

skulls are wack....i washed mine and noticed that the yoke was coming unstitched....now i have a huge hole in the back behind the seem....fucking skulls

i still love the fit though, and the fading is starting to come through pretty nice after that first soak i gave em

um....no

I haven't had mine very long, but the stitching looks pretty superb.

Hopefully it'll hold up as well as it looks.

I haven't had mine very long, but the stitching looks pretty superb.

Hopefully it'll hold up as well as it looks.

yeah.. are yours 6x6?

i've been wearing my 6x6 for about 4 months straight and theres no signs of any stitching coming undone. i dont skate or do anything hard in them, just a lot of walking around the city. it would be a shame if these started falling apart because i love the fit on these more than any other jeans i own.

ive been wanting some skulls (5010xx 6x6) for a while, but all this talk of jeans falling appart is making me consider saving up some extra cash and getting some flatheads (frontiers or regular) instead or something

I let Kiya talk me into getting the flat heads and then took them back to get Skulls the next day... I just don't care for the boxier cut of the Flatheads. I have been happy with my decision so far... but I don't think you should let the stitching be the deciding factor.

Look at the pictures, or try them on, and figure out what cut will work better for you. If you get the Skulls and the stitching falls apart, you can always get them fixed.

Mine are ~ 3 mos and holding up Ok - the patch on the back and one piece of the stitching in the crotch are starting to come out... given that I ride my bike in them a fair amount, and have been wearing them almost every day for those 3 months, I think they're holding up pretty well.

My gf did have to get the stitching in the crotch of her Lindas fixed.

also agreed

i have the skull 5010xx i picked up from self edge with the new cross stitching and they have needed to be repaired after only one month of wear....the inseem was coming out, coin pocket, left pocket stitching, the yoke was fucked

now they are even worse.

oh well