Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

quick questions:

5010xx is the smallest/skinniest fit?

Yes.

does it have a tapered bottom?
No
what is the heaviest oz denim that skulls come in, is this offered in 5010xx?
6x6, their 14.5 oz. denim, and yes it is.
what is the 6x6 denim and how is this diff from the reg one?

thx

Their regular denim is 14 oz, and the 6x6 is, to quote Shinichi: " The cloth is using heavy denim(14.5oz) of 6x6 for yarn.

The touch of fabric is harsh and crisp.

The color will change differently compare to the regular 5010XX.

I would express it "deep color""

which process are you thinking about? sanforization involves compression as well. I don't know which other processes denim usually go through except for singing which I don't think compresses it.

i knew i'd seen it somewhere:

isn't calendering fairly similar to the process for sanfordizing denim? I believe both involve compression and heat and fabric being rolled through large drums (correct me if this in inaccurate). then it would make sense that sanfordized denim, such as APC or Nudie has more sheen when new than shrink to fit denim (which is the true).

That's an interesting observation. Yes, I guess there is similarity in part of the process, although in sanforization the fabric is passed through rubber belts rather than directly between metal rollers. It's the compression against a hard surface which causes the sheen, and that is the emphasis of calandering.

On a side note, mercerising the denim will also produce a sheen via treatment with caustic soda bath.

And regarding sanforised denim and nylon. Those, as Tweedles wrote, are unrelated. However, nylon or more commonly, polyester tape is used sometimes to control the shrinkage & stretching on waistbands.

On a side note, mercerising the denim will also produce a sheen via treatment with caustic soda bath.

And regarding sanforised denim and nylon. Those, as Tweedles wrote, are unrelated. However, nylon or more commonly, polyester tape is used sometimes to control the shrinkage & stretching on waistbands.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=237632&postcount=36

and

The chintzy shine is comes from the denim being compressed in rollers at the mill. (Calandering effect).

Again, there's not a lot you can do to bring this back. They will regain a bit of shine with wear, especially in areas that get compression as well as friction (ie. seat and knees), although there will also be inevitable indigo loss in those areas too (looks great though).

I guess you could try calendering (maybe by pressing them on a hard surface with a heated iron) or beetling (beating the jeans with a wooden mallet to compress the denim) at home to get that shine, but hey, they're just jeans.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=66064&postcount=3

Skull 50-10xx is the same as Skull 5010xx? just making sure, I'm currently in love with my 5 month old SJ's I just wanted to know do they have a slimmer fit? I bought sz. 30 for my jims, should I move down to a 29?

u could also measure ur SJ's and refer to the skull 5010xx sizing chart (whether raw or one-wash)

Skull 50-10xx is the same as Skull 5010xx? just making sure, I'm currently in love with my 5 month old SJ's I just wanted to know do they have a slimmer fit? I bought sz. 30 for my jims, should I move down to a 29?

Yeah, 5010xx is the same exact thing as 50-10xx.

In america we can't call it "5010xx" because Levi's owns the trademark to the "501" number within a model for jeans.

they've acknowledged the disadvantages of using 100% cotton thread, but they choose to do so for authenticity purposes. i agree with you though, giving a pair of jeans credit for having cotton thread instead of polycotton is kind of over the top. in the end, as long as mine don't fall apart completely, i don't mind a repair job here and there.

every other pair of japanese jeans use 100% cotton thread and they don't suffer from the same problem.

the size of skull's tee is JP size.

Usually, JP size is smaller than US size.

US 34(XS) = JP (36S)

US 36(S) = JP 38(M)

US 38(M) = JP 40(L)

US 40(L) = JP 42(XL)

Anyone here bought any of the Skull silver jewelry? There

BA031.jpg

What's the fit like? Looks very long in the torso...

and BBT is baseball tee that is 3/4 sleeve length.

normal long sleeve tee will arrive in autumn.

Guest El Salvador

x-post from the Evolution thread.

These are my Skulls 5010xx after one month.

frbk.jpg

The pics were made at night with flash so no ideal circumstances. But anyway I just wanted to share these ;)

point was there ain't much going on there, but then again, whatever

i remember someone got busted on for doing basically the same thing a while back, and i defended it as a 'before' shot

i don't really care that much; just show us the pronz next april or whatever

point was there ain't much going on there, but then again, whatever

i remember someone got busted on for doing basically the same thing a while back, and i defended it as a 'before' shot

i don't really care that much; just show us the pronz next april or whatever

Well, it may not have much going on but it is only 1 month.

Guest El Salvador

Thanks man, will do for sure after another month or so. The fading is hard to capture since it's just starting. Obviously nothing spectaculair but we'll see how they will look after another month or so.