Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

yeah, the only country that gets the cross/dagger in place of the red tab is U.S.

I was so looking to get a pair of the whites with the red tab but after some thought, I decided that I'd rather get the U.S. version. Kinda nice having a pair that's unique to your country!

Skull 5010x 6x6 (one-wash)sz. 31 @ 3.5 months. They're too big for me so I only wear them to work really...they're pretty fucking dusty, surprised they look blue in the pictures. The lap is covered in dust/dirt from work. There's also a little blood on them but I don't think you can see it.

I soaked them when I got them trying to shrink some, one hot soak when they were pretty brown, and spray of cold water once I think.

Front:

6fhup7n.jpg

Back:

4yjx5xs.jpg

Crotch:

4pt9ikm.jpg

Ass:

4uley3t.jpg

68lc6lt.jpg

Traintracks, they're visible down most of the legs

6c80ns3.jpg

I'll get you those tomorrow. And my skulls aren't tight at all. They didn't blow out they were rubbed of from sitting on my skateboard, griptape is not forgiving.

EDIT: this is me wearing them right out of the package:

jeans011we7.jpg

DUM- Are those true to size raws? They fit good now, but are you even going to soak them(if they're raw, if not it doesn't matter).

DUM- Are those true to size raws? They fit good now, but are you even going to soak them(if they're raw, if not it doesn't matter).

No those are sized up (because I'm stupid) one-washes. And that picture is from three months ago, scroll up to see them now.

No those are sized up (because I'm stupid) one-washes. And that picture is from three months ago, scroll up to see them now.

Skulls 5010 and 5507 are the only jeans that look good also if sized up. But if you wanted them tiiiight there isn't much you can do.

^haha what happened to your 'no more denim' vow?

I'm weak... But are white jeans really jeans? I mean, in the SuFu sense of jeans?

Isn't the main reason we (SuFu'ers) get denim is so that we can have the pleasure of de-constructing them? White jeans don't fade and won't look good if beat to hell - they'll just look dirty and make one look like a vagrant. So one would have to baby a pair of white jeans like one would a pair of Lanvin slacks. Though the material may be denim, I propose that the spirit of the garment is different and therefore I have not broken my "no more denim" vow.

there is def something wrong with skulls. those are like falling apart at the seams, literally. i've gotten over the whole "authentic" 100% cotton thread horseshit. give me back my poly(800) thread. that shit don't rip like that.

On the real.

I can't believe everyone else is cool with the ridiculously poor quality of these jeans. I've been wearing my 5010xx for about 6 months now casually, plus some skating, and they look and feel like they are about to explode.

100% cotton thread doesn't mean shit to me - and if you claim it does to you I call B-fucking-S. At least not when the trade off is a quality product.

Either way, I'm not convinced that they couldn't have found some stronger cotton thread, or better stitching technique.

These things should have a disclaimer.

hipset, you've got almost the exact same measurements as me and i've got the 5010xx in a 28 and they fit slim throughout and tighter up top. I posted pictures somewhere in this thread.

100% cotton thread doesn't mean shit to me - and if you claim it does to you I call B-fucking-S. At least not when the trade off is a quality product.

Either way, I'm not convinced that they couldn't have found some stronger cotton thread, or better stitching technique.

they've acknowledged the disadvantages of using 100% cotton thread, but they choose to do so for authenticity purposes. i agree with you though, giving a pair of jeans credit for having cotton thread instead of polycotton is kind of over the top. in the end, as long as mine don't fall apart completely, i don't mind a repair job here and there.

On the real.

I can't believe everyone else is cool with the ridiculously poor quality of these jeans. I've been wearing my 5010xx for about 6 months now casually, plus some skating, and they look and feel like they are about to explode.

I think you are talking about durability not quality.

Same disclaimer should be in Samurai, Flathead, Fullcount...etc. jeans as well. Cotton thread is not as durable as poly/polycotton -we all know that.

I have a pair of old Fullcounts where I've had to repair almost every seam. I think that just adds to the character of the jeans. Same goes with your Skulls. If you repair them once with polyester thread you're sorted for good (just dont sit too much on griptape ;) ).

I've noticed that the tighter the jeans more easier the seams will blow. 5010 is worn really tight in most cases? Mine are holding up well though.

Flathead has got some new models with polycotton threads.

I hate to fuel the fire (again), but now I'm feeling a little suspect about the denim as well as the threads.

My 5010xx has got holes in the back pocket, where I cuffed, and now (as of a few days ago) in the crotch.

I didn't even get a crotch blow out in my Nudies (and while they weren't as tight, I wore them a lot harder). To really make the point, I do practically NO physical activity in these jeans. I walk in them, I sit in them, and occasionally I might bend or kneel down. That's pretty much it!

This is tough, but I don't think I could recommend skulls to anyone anymore. They are still my favourite jean, and the one that fits me best (plus the customer service is amazing!). But this quality or durability or whatever you want to call it is just not good enough.

I'm just sick of feeling like I can't wear my skulls because I haven't had time to stitch them up and I'm afraid the holes are going to get bigger or whatever.

The fading on my skulls is looking great, and still has a lot of depth yet to develop. But now I'm thinking they'll be unwearable before the denim has reached its full fading potential.

Holes in the backpocket? what wallet are you using? I've seen those in lots of jeans.

Same with the cuffing thing, every jean will do that.

I wear my jeans pretty low and have never gotten the crotch wear some of you guys get, weird.

DUM, yeah I agree; holes are very common in back pockets and from cuffing. However, the holes appeared much faster and were bigger than on any of my other (cheaper) jeans.

(I can't remember the brand of my wallet, some local Melbourne brand. Physically, it's not too big or anything... pretty standard sort of wallet...)