Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Thank you! Your posts have helped a lot.

I measured my APC's and compared it to the 5010XX black measurments, between that and going off of what you've said it appears that I should probably go with a size 30 in the blacks.

i'd agree.

I would have said 29 for u in the one wash indigo, but since the black runs small, 30 is probably best.

I just got home from college and I find the package of my Skulls in my house. I immediately tried them on and they are definitely slim. I got my usual size and they were not as tight as I thought they would be. I MIGHT post pics of the fit depending on how busy I am and how fat I get tomorrow.

Thank you Shinichi for helping me out with these. You are awesome.

I went ahead and got the 5507's, I couldn't have gone with the 5010's because of the low rise. I'm a bit scared that these might be too slim for me overall, but we'll see.

thanks for your help shinichi, I was the guy from finland by the way :P

Mr.Calvin-san!

please E-mail me your cool 100 days pics;)

shinichi: am I the first dude in Sweden you've shipped to? :)

nemoulette-san!

Of course,You are the first guy in Sweden;)

and The Northern Europe guys seems to be energetic:D

As has been stated several times, there is absolutely no reason to buy raw jeans from Skull. Their jeans are not preshrunk and thus the one-wash versions have all the shrinkage taken care of.

this may be a dumb presumption

but im confused by this

since the 6x6 are sanforized shouldnt there be little or no shrinkage?

so wouldnt buying raw still be safe when worried about shrinkage?

like i said this could be a dumb question

my 5010xx came in the mail today, shinichi you were right, the 33 fits fucking fantastic, theyre definately skinnier than my slim jims but not enough so to be uncomfortable. they are actually pretty much perfect (minus the $68 customs charge)

will post pics soon, im not going to start wearing them until the new year tho, i really wanna get a couple more months out of the nudies cuz they look great right now

Dex_star, thanks for the compliment man! I got the one wash.

Now let me try to explain why most of us are going for the one-wash. You're right, sanforised denim will not shrink much, usually around 3% in the length and maybe less elsewhere.

However, if you look at the measurements for the one-wash and the non-wash, the non-wash is actually cut a lot bigger. Before I ordered mine (a 29) I wanted to get the Raw, but when shinichi sent through the measurements for a 29 in raw in measured somewhere between a 30-32 in different parts of the jeans.

So basically, the non-wash is cut bigger than the non-wash. They are meant to shrink down to size (even if it's only a little bit, like a cm or two in the thigh or calves or something).

In this sense, there is a lot less risk in buying the one-wash as it is cut just as written in the sizing chart. No shrinking to worry about. All you gotta do is measure your body.

Too much risk for the non-wash: it could shrink too much to be too small, or too little to be too big... it's just a lot more hassle.

And, the one-wash fades just as good (as you can see from my pics :))

Hope this helps you and anyone else who is wondering.

wohoo, got my 5507's today! they felt really soft (since they're one-wash) so I thought I'd do a quick cold soak to get then a bit stiffer. considering how soft they were, they turned out a lot stiffer then I expected (which was great!)

skulls01.jpg

I threw them in the Lowrey2000 to dry them quicker:

skulls02.jpg

went from very soft to this :eek:

skulls03.jpg

fit:

skulls05.jpg

the fit reminds me a bit of JR Cali's cause they're a bit tapered, but these are looser. I love em!