Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Does anyone know if the black Skull 5010xx's are sanforized? They are one-wash so I'm wondering if I can shrink the length a bit with a hot soak.

yes they are; probably not much shrinkage in the length

anon, you should really measure yourself. If you look through some of the pics you can tell that people are getting a range of fits. but for reference i've got a 28 hipster, which are now a size or two too big. I got a 28 in the 5010xx one-wash, which is a size down cause i wanted a very-slim fit.

anon, you should really measure yourself. If you look through some of the pics you can tell that people are getting a range of fits. but for reference i've got a 28 hipster, which are now a size or two too big. I got a 28 in the 5010xx one-wash, which is a size down cause i wanted a very-slim fit.

Thanks, that's quite helpful. I did measure myself, but it's always good to hear what's worked out for others. I'll probably go with a 29 in the raw.

And now what everyone has (or maybe hasn't) been waiting for...

Just got my Johnnys in the mail.

johnnynew01xb6.jpg

They are FUCKING TIGHT.

I got a 30 in the Johnny, and I got a 29 in the 6x6. Both one wash sanforised.

The Johnny is slightly looser in the waist straight off the bat, but the legs seem much tighter... particularly around the knee. Tighter than I was expecting anyways...

It's like 36 degrees here so it's too hot for me to try them on properly. I'll post pics of me wearing them in the next few days. I really hope they stretch, or I get used to the slimmer fit... I dunno...

And finally some comparison pics:

compare01ao7.jpg

compare02ps6.jpg

Yeah, dunno if you can really see, but the Johnny is slightly slimmer in the leg.

Also stuff people may have been wondering about the Johnny:

- All stitching is grey, except for one belt loop which is red

- They actually look kinda shiny, just like the pics on the fab four site... only in certain light. I hope this goes away when I wash

- The stars on the back pockets are actually quite hard to see, at least indoors under my house lights... probably more obvious in sunlight

Ok, that's enough for now... man I spend way too much time on this forum...

Opinions please!

Mr CO, yeah they're black... probably just the lighting...

Man I'm shattered. One of the belt loops ripped off on the johnnys :( I was wearing them for a few minutes to try to stretch them out a bit, and as I was walking it got caught on my cabinet draw handle. So it ripped right off :( Not just the loop, but a hole right through the denim :(

Now I'm sad :(

It's not a big job to repair... just disapointed 'cause I'd only worn them for literally five minutes.

I emailed shinichi so hopefully he can give me some hope and advice... return or repair or something... :(

(sorry about all those frown faces... I'm just sad...)

I received many questions about JOHNY and 5010XX black.

Therefore I post my answer on here.

About ebony JOHNY and 5010XX black

They are same pattern.

Main different point is that ebony's black is deeper black than regular 5010XX black.

How different are they?

The denim is dyed only warp yarn usually.

therefore reverse side of the denim is white usually. (figure EX.1)

and you can see new article denim have the white points in some places. (Lower right of figure EX.1)

it is the same thing about the usual black denim and color denim too.

EX.1

BB035_02.jpg

ebony series are dyed both warp and woof by black dyestuff (EX.2).

Therefore ebony's black is deeper black than regular black.

EX.2

ebony_reverse.jpg

This is my 5010XX which i recieved last week from own-magazine.com. This is the first time i have worn them since i've been wearing my new cures which i recently got as a gift from my girlfriend.

They are size 30, a little tight at the waist, but im assuming they will stretch out a bit.

For those of you who want to compare the fit to apc, let me know and i will gladly post pics of those as well for reference.

This is my 5010XX which i recieved last week from own-magazine.com. This is the first time i have worn them since i've been wearing my new cures which i recently got as a gift from my girlfriend.

They are size 30, a little tight at the waist, but im assuming they will stretch out a bit.

For those of you who want to compare the fit to apc, let me know and i will gladly post pics of those as well for reference.

Congratulations on good fit!

I worried about your former post:o

How much difference in rise is there between the Ebony Johnny and Ebony Ramon?

And is the Ramon by any chance named after Razor Ramon Sumitani? :P

haha I didn't know that Razer Ramon is popular on international.

A right answer

Ramon is a stage name of which Paul McCartney of the Beatles was introducing himself in the

Hamburg age.

about item of Fabfour, we used to name after the Beatles, or same age rock-culture.

Johny is John Lennon.

Then, who is Smart;)

That would be fantastic, I wanna marry Razor Ramon, or at least be his sidekick, Soft Lesbian.

Unfortunately He married in May with normal woman or more like sexy lady.

How much difference in rise is there between the Ebony Johnny and Ebony Ramon?

And is the Ramon by any chance named after Razor Ramon Sumitani? :P

Judging by the size chart, The differences in the front rise are about 2-3cm.

http://homepage.mac.com/dozono/.Pictures/supertalk/HowToMeasureRAMON.gif

http://homepage.mac.com/dozono/.Pictures/supertalk/HowToMeasureJOHNY.gif

Thanks VDSUPREME-san:)

I seem forgot important answer while I'm busy making Ramon:p

Front rize is:

Johny is 22-24cm

RAMON is 20-21cm

these are the size including part of belt hoop.

RAMON is about the same as 18-19cm of ladies jeans.

Because, a lot of ladies' jeans display the value of front rise where the belt hoop is not included.

Pardon me but am I right to say that the ebony range denim will never have fades irregardless of how hard or often I wear them?

your opinion is not far off.

The ebonys will hardly be faded.

Of course, feeling of texture will change.

However, we have never seen the fading of ebony yet, from last year that we released ebonys.

person who bought eboby series! please report your ebonys to us.

I'm thinking about getting the 5507's, the 5010's would probably have too low of a rise for me plus they might be a bit skinny too. do the 5507's really measure only 19cm in the hem? because I thought they were a looser cut then 5010 but are they more tapered in the cuffs then?

I'd love to see a comparison pic to your new cures if possible. I'm wearing sz28 New Cures that were almost too tight to fully button when I first got them, but they stretched to fit really nice now. I'm going to measure my APCs to compare them on the size chart later to.

How does the denim feel compared to APC's? and how does the slimness of the cut compare to the New Cures through the leg?

And I know I read this in this thread but I can't remember, does the black 5010XX have a button fly?

I'd love to see a comparison pic to your new cures if possible. I'm wearing sz28 New Cures that were almost too tight to fully button when I first got them, but they stretched to fit really nice now. I'm going to measure my APCs to compare them on the size chart later to.

How does the denim feel compared to APC's? and how does the slimness of the cut compare to the New Cures through the leg?

And I know I read this in this thread but I can't remember, does the black 5010XX have a button fly?

I would say the denim is nothing like apc denim, its heavier (i believe apc is only 12oz and these are 14) and because they are one wash they do not have that wonderful crunchyness that apc is known for. However, i would say the quality of contruction on these are much more superior (ie in the crotch). Also, the denim of the skulls is darker and deeper blue, whereas in comparison, the new cures seem to have a bit more sheen and almost a greycast look to them.

As for fit, my 30 new cures and 30 skulls have the EXACT same leg opening of approx 19cm however, if u actually take a close look at the new cures, they taper in then flare our a bit near the botton, therefore they are actually tighter in the calf then at the opening. Because of this cut, i would say the cures are a little slimmer through the knee and calf, but not much. Personally i like the cut of the new cures better, but that may be because im used to wear very tight jeans.

You may also note that the cut if quite different in the crotch as the new cures have a higher front rise but a shorter button area (dont know the technical term for this), whereas the skulls have a tiny bit of a lower rise but a longer button area (1 extra button). Thus, i find the button flap extends down in between my thighs. I know this sounds stupid, but im picky. U know when u stand straight, u can generally see the gap between the bottom of the button flap and the crotch, well on the skulls u can't, the button flap seems to disappear into the dark abyss that is the interior of my thighs.

Anyways... here are the pics of my new cures.... so that u can compare them to the pics of my skulls posted above...