Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

well i got my 5010xx 6x6 from selfedge today and i ordered a sz 29 cuz it said it measures a 30.5 waist... and all my other jeans are 30s and my dry denim is 29... so i figure a 29 would be fine and that is what i was told... wellll they are WAY too small. as in i cant even button them up and let them stretch out. :( im sad cuz i was really looking forward to them.

well i got my 5010xx 6x6 from selfedge today and i ordered a sz 29 cuz it said it measures a 30.5 waist... and all my other jeans are 30s and my dry denim is 29... so i figure a 29 would be fine and that is what i was told... wellll they are WAY too small. as in i cant even button them up and let them stretch out. :( im sad cuz i was really looking forward to them.

Did you measure your waist as per the instructions from FabFour? Or did you just order a 29 (30.5 waist) because that's what your other jeans are? What kinds of other dry denim do you take a size 29 in?

I am just about to order a pair in size 28 expecting a 29.3" waist. I measured as per the instructions from FabFour which is basically just around the top of the hip bone and I measure about 29". When I read posts like yours though I get a bit worried...

I've purchased 3 pairs of dry denim online so far and not one of them has fit correctly! I'm not having good luck!

Did you measure your waist as per the instructions from FabFour? Or did you just order a 29 (30.5 waist) because that's what your other jeans are? What kinds of other dry denim do you take a size 29 in?

I am just about to order a pair in size 28 expecting a 29.3" waist. I measured as per the instructions from FabFour which is basically just around the top of the hip bone and I measure about 29". When I read posts like yours though I get a bit worried...

I've purchased 3 pairs of dry denim online so far and not one of them has fit correctly! I'm not having good luck!

i didnt measure my waist cuz ive always worn a 30 and my suits and all ive always worn a 30 in my britches... so i figured a 29 would be good due to the measurements i got on selfedge... but there is no way i could wear the 29... maybe a 30.

i didnt measure my waist cuz ive always worn a 30 and my suits and all ive always worn a 30 in my britches... so i figured a 29 would be good due to the measurements i got on selfedge... but there is no way i could wear the 29... maybe a 30.

Check out the sizing chart from FabFour on where to measure yourself:

http://www.fabfour.co.jp/pdf/HowToMeasure5010xx66L.pdf

take into consideration the size of your legs before choosing a size... getting a 28 instead of a 29 is going to be a very slim jean, be ready for that. i bought a size 30 in 5010xx because i measured around 31" where i wear them (on the hip) and the leg isn't too tight, but really slim. so if you have smaller thighs feel free to go for the 28. if you're on the fence after reading this you're probably better off with 29. the waist may be just a bit loose but it's nothing a belt won't fix, and you'll definitely have more room throughout the crotch/leg. but if you're planning on a roomier cut like 5507 then maybe sizing down to get a snug waist wouldn't be such a concern.

so are alot of people still having construction issues? any crazy blowouts lately?

nop no problems here... been wearing mine nearly every day all day for 2 1/2 months now, biking, hiking, etc. not a single broken thread. crotch is starting to look suspect, but that's hard biking for you.

Been wearing my Skulls for less then a week now... I may size down one, not sure yet. Just a couple questions:

1. How's the fit? It's gotten noticeably stretched out on the waist area for some reason. It's not loose, but I feel like it could be tighter. (Really wanted to achieve a super-slim look, but not skinny jean fit).

2. The denim looks fuzzy as hell. This is the one/wash model, should I hot soak it to shrink it some, and would that get rid of the fuzz?

3. Why do my Skulls have no tag? No red tag, no cross stitch, nothing... and GiZmo (who I purchased it from) didn't mention that it was removed... just wondering if this is normal, since I haven't seen a pair of skulls with no labeling on the back in pics yet.

skullzfit.JPG

(No back tag, no signs of removing stitches)

DSCN7582.JPG

Been wearing my Skulls for less then a week now... I may size down one, not sure yet. Just a couple questions:

1. How's the fit? It's gotten noticeably stretched out on the waist area for some reason. It's not loose, but I feel like it could be tighter. (Really wanted to achieve a super-slim look, but not skinny jean fit).

2. The denim looks fuzzy as hell. This is the one/wash model, should I hot soak it to shrink it some, and would that get rid of the fuzz?

3. Why do my Skulls have no tag? No red tag, no cross stitch, nothing... and GiZmo (who I purchased it from) didn't mention that it was removed... just wondering if this is normal, since I haven't seen a pair of skulls with no labeling on the back in pics yet.

all the answers to these questions are in the preceding pages of this thread -- but i don't blame you for not wanting to read every single one of them.

all the answers to these questions are in the preceding pages of this thread -- but i don't blame you for not wanting to read every single one of them.

As far as I know, how my personal fit is has not been posted yet... Unless someone is being a ninja, taking pictures of me in my skullls, and posting them on here.

Also, I know WHY they are fuzzy, just not sure on whether or not a soak would fix this. I've read quite a few pages of this thread... haven't seen an answer to that.

And GiZMO did say thye were from BiG, so I guess that answers the question about the missing tag.

i don't do anything too heavy in them, mostly walking, sitting, lazing around, but the jeans are on me for long periods and i haven't seen any construction issues yet. it's been 11 months now but they have been rotated with another pair; even so i'd say that they've done pretty well under normal wear conditions.

Had lunch with the men of Skull a couple of days ago...

Hiro - Me - Shinichi

DSC01284-726128.JPG

Had lunch with the men of Skull a couple of days ago...

Hiro - Me - Shinichi

hiro's wearing one of the new leather skull jackets, isn't he... damn that thing looks cooler than i thought it'd look. either that, or it's just cut to fit him perfectly. haha. thanks for the pic, i'm jealous you seem to be making your rounds around japan.

sorry for not re-reading this thread.. i feel like i probably knew the answer to this question at one point. my one-wash 5010 6x6 are dying, and i think i'm gonna buy the black 5010's from self edge. i'm pretty sure they aren't one-wash.. should i get the same size? my one-wash are size 31 and fit great.

I'd get the same size. Once you soak them they should fit the same.

ive looked through about the last 10 pages or so and i was wondering how the sizing of the 5010's in black or if there are any pics of anybody wearing that model of jeans.

i am thinking about ordering em from selfedge, but am just not sure what size to get.

i wear 32x34's in Nudie Slim Jim's.

do they stretch a lot like APC's or should i be fine ordering a 32?

thanks folks.

ive looked through about the last 10 pages or so and i was wondering how the sizing of the 5010's in black or if there are any pics of anybody wearing that model of jeans.

i am thinking about ordering em from selfedge, but am just not sure what size to get.i wear 32x34's in Nudie Slim Jim's. do they stretch a lot like APC's or should i be fine ordering a 32?thanks folks.

From what you said about wearing a size 32 in Slim Jims, i would get a 32 in the Skulls if you want a very tight fit, and a size 33 if you want a tad bit of breathing room. To play it safe go with the size 33.